93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yupp

33 35.48%
  • Nope

60 64.52%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Snapchat - do you?

Default Snapchat - do you?

Snapchat - are you an active user of it?

My wife and my four kids (17-24) all have it and actively use it. I do not but I do have Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts and it's probably a toss up between Facebook and Twitter as to which one I use the most. I hate the fluff that many people post on both platforms, more so Facebook and block those that actively post fluff - actually have my own daughter and wife blocked because I don't need to see 27,462 cat videos a day. They're more communication tools for me than anything else.

So back to Instagram, should I or not? I do know that my kids are posting some stuff that might be of interest but I don't want to be bothered with more fluff even if it just personal fluff. Thoughts? Do you actively use Instagram or is it just another annoyance?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I use snapchaat the most, followed by Instagram and lastly I rarely use facebook anymore. I hate how Facebook broadcasts everything you do. Like if I join a public car forum and post 'looking for a new car' it shows up in all my friends feeds even if they aren't in that group. Or I see shit like my friend liked someone I don't knows shared post of someone else I don't know. And garbage to fill the news feed.

At least with snapchat i can send what I want to certain people or make certain things public and that's that. If I watch and comment on friends stuff it doesn't share that with the world. Instagram is similar. If I tag my friends in certain stupid videos no one else can see that.

My Ride
    NC1

IG and FB daily but no snap chat
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Got rid of snapchat and hardly ever on Facebook. Mostly just use IG now.

My Ride
    Silverado

Thread question is about snap chat. Poll question is about instagram? Confusing.

i don't have anything but snapchat, so yes i snachat.

usually random ass pics to my friends, trash talk, and sometimes dog pics haha. funny stories from friends too, very entertaining. one friend i have on snapchat posts some funny as fuck shit like when he got a turban at a canada day celebration thing. wasnt racist but more so cool seeing an asian experiencing what its like to wear a turban, cool experience for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    Thread question is about snap chat. Poll question is about instagram? Confusing.
    Oops, brain fart.

Mod's - could you change poll to Snapchat from Instagram?
    Last edited by speedog; 07-12-2016 at 07:51 AM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 08:13 PM.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Deleted all social media, including snapchat, fb, ig, linkedin about 8 months ago. No backup/fake/troll accounts. Just permanently deleted everything.

I'm amazed at the self-importance social media has created.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

I still don't understand the difference between them all, probably cuz I don't really care. Fecesbook is more than enough to hold all the steaming social media dumps my cohorts take.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

How do y'all tinder without facebook

My Ride
    Miss Daisy

Snapchat: Recently got it to see what the hype was about. My mom is hooked and sends me daily snaps with ridiculous filters

IG: Good business promo tool, which is exclusively what I use it for. I don't have a personal account.

FB: Terrific networking tool. I rarely post personal stuff, my personal page is mostly friends tagging me in stuff or an occasional post when I'm out riding with the boys. I do occasionally share my store posts on my page where I'll have friends like the page or share it so it's free marketing.

Twitter: I find it annoying to use so traction has been limited.

I find social media to be the best and cheapest marketing tool so that's primarily what I use it for. I do have a handful of ostentatious 'friends' in my network who I periodically delete or unfollow.

www.industrialelements.ca

=====> Facebook - Like our page for promos, inventory, and shipment updates

=====> Instagram

Originally posted by zipdoa
    Deleted all social media, including snapchat, fb, ig, linkedin about 8 months ago. No backup/fake/troll accounts. Just permanently deleted everything.

I'm amazed at the self-importance social media has created.

I don't use this word very much at all, but AMEN!
    Except I did that years ago and will never look back.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Snapchat is f&^king retarded, it has zero actual utility to it, it is simply a novelty.

Facebook on the other hand is a god send, organizing events, running a business/advertising, and being able to communicate with more than 1 or two friends at a time is awesome.

Instagram is good for photofags.

Twitter is something else completely stupid. Facebook does the same thing but actually has true functionality. Twitter is for vapid idiots who are narcissists and just want attention.

My Ride
    Miss Daisy

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    Snapchat is f&^king retarded, it has zero actual utility to it, it is simply a novelty.
    I used to agree but major corporations (GE) are using Snapchat to connect with new audiences through "insider" stories. You may not see the value on a personal level, but big business is leveraging this app in major ways to generate profit.

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Twitter is something else completely stupid. Facebook does the same thing but actually has true functionality. Twitter is for vapid idiots who are narcissists and just want attention.
    It depends who you're connected to. I'm interested and affiliated with a political party but Facebook is information overload. Twitter sends me an alert when there is a post specifically from that entity. I suppose you can set Facebook up to do the same thing but twitter seems like a streamlined version.

www.industrialelements.ca

=====> Facebook - Like our page for promos, inventory, and shipment updates

=====> Instagram

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Christian@IE

I used to agree but major corporations (GE) are using Snapchat to connect with new audiences through "insider" stories.
    Yes, kind of goes with my point, just because a company uses a shallow, manufactured experience to advertise doesn't make it any less shitty.

But Millions upon millions of people would disagree with me on Twitter as well. I still stand by my statements, its typical vapid bullshit with no real use. Which makes it perfect for 50%+ of the worlds population.

Success does not mean something is good, or useful.

My Ride
    2005 F350

I recently installed snapchat. only use it to amuse my kids with the filters and face-swap stuff. never actually take a picture with it.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    Eclipse

I follow a bunch of hot girls like Helen Owen, Rachel Cook + Many others, and a couple travel bloggers, but I never post on it, maybe posted 3-4 times in my life...
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Use Instagram for marketing. Facebook a little too but mostly to post pictures and organize events, group chats etc.

I get a lot of news from there as well since I like so many news pages/magazines.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Ford F150

IG and FB are good for business.

I've never liked Twitter. Snapchat seems like it's made for half wit filters and nudes. Pinterest is for stay at home moms.

Linked In is probably the most useless I've ever been on. It's like a half-way-to-Facebook social network that few people use, random adds from middle eastern countries daily. It's weird. I don't see the usefulness in it.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast