Quantcast
Amazon.ca - long shipping times - what do they mean? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Amazon.ca - long shipping times - what do they mean?

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

Default Amazon.ca - long shipping times - what do they mean?

What does it mean when an item on amazon.ca has a note that says "usually ships in 1-3 months"?

Does it mean it's out of stock, and they are hoping to get more in? Or does it mean that it ships from some warehouse in china, and then they re-ship it from the amazon warehouse?

I notice other items just plainly show "out of stock", which is clearer.

Is this a stupid question? I love amazon, but have run across this for a few items I want recently.

My Ride

Default Re: Amazon.ca - long shipping times - what do they mean?

Originally posted by RealJimmyJames
    What does it mean when an item on amazon.ca has a note that says "usually ships in 1-3 months"?

Does it mean it's out of stock, and they are hoping to get more in? Or does it mean that it ships from some warehouse in china, and then they re-ship it from the amazon warehouse?

I notice other items just plainly show "out of stock", which is clearer.

Is this a stupid question? I love amazon, but have run across this for a few items I want recently.
    It usually means that it's shipping out of China/Taiwan/HK, through regular mail (which takes forever). If you have Prime, sometimes you can find the same or a similar item that ships in 2-3 days

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Longest I've had to wait for an item was about 3 months (China, regular mail). I pretty much only use prime now and it always comes in 2 days. There is usually enough selection on prime now so that's not an issue.

It can be for any number of reasons. I buy well over 100 items from amazon every year and I run into this every now and then.

One thing to try is click on other buying options, and see if anything is similarly priced and faster. Sometimes there are even other "fulfilled by amazon" options in the "other buying options" section.

Also look on amazon.com - a lot of stuff can be shipped to Canada for similar cost.

Usually they are pretty good, and their customer service almost never says "no" haha. You can even add other people's addresses and credit cards to your Prime without issue, so there is no need to buy more than one prime membership per family, group of friends, etc.

My Ride
    Grimace

If it is a fulfilled by amazon/prime item, that means it is out of stock and that is the rough idea when it will come in again.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    It can be for any number of reasons. I buy well over 100 items from amazon every year and I run into this every now and then.

One thing to try is click on other buying options, and see if anything is similarly priced and faster. Sometimes there are even other "fulfilled by amazon" options in the "other buying options" section.

Also look on amazon.com - a lot of stuff can be shipped to Canada for similar cost.

Usually they are pretty good, and their customer service almost never says "no" haha. You can even add other people's addresses and credit cards to your Prime without issue, so there is no need to buy more than one prime membership per family, group of friends, etc.
    Almost everything i try buying from amazon.com doesn't ship to canada

Originally posted by G-ZUS

Almost everything i try buying from amazon.com doesn't ship to canada
    Totally depends what it is. Some things can, some can't. Always good to check.