Quantcast
Cemeteries and pets .. a few interesting observations - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cemeteries and pets .. a few interesting observations

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Default Cemeteries and pets .. a few interesting observations

I apologize in advance if this turns into a discussion about religion but I'd like to hear some feedback from those who study religion or have an interest in afterlife, spiritualism etc.. I'm personally not a believer but I had a strange experience that has left me wondering.

I often visit a recently deceased family member, the other day I decided to take my gf's dog. He's well mannered and well trained. Typically I walk him without a leash because he listens to everything I say. I brought him to the cemetery the other day, on one side of the grounds there are the grave sites, on the other side is a large grassy field with no grave sites. As soon as we got out of the vehicle her dog took off running away from the sites towards the grassy field. It took me 5 minutest to catch him. When I finally caught him I took him towards the grave site in my arms and he started shaking and panting heavily. He then began to try and jump out of my arms , scratching and clawing aggressively. I got fed up and put him back in to the truck, still shaking. Strange...

I never really thought anything about the event until a few days later, I decided to take her dog back there to see if he would react the same way. He did, even more dramatically. I took him back a third time, still the same reaction.

Has anyone ever brought their pet to a cemetery, any strange reaction? I wonder what they're sensing? It got me thinking about afterlife etc. Am I crazy or is her dog crazy? lol
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Miss Daisy

www.industrialelements.ca

=====> Facebook - Like our page for promos, inventory, and shipment updates

=====> Instagram

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

May be a bear just pissed in the area, who knows.

Sometimes there are things that you can't and don't need to understand, like an image of a person on a toast. No need to fill in the blank with your imagination.

They say that dogs pick up on their owner's state of mind, and 9 months into owning a dog for the first time in my life, i believe it.

Maybe you were sad/upset about someone that died and he picked up on it?

Could also be a smell that they don't like... decomposing bodies/death? Remember they can smell things that humans can't.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by sabad66
    They say that dogs pick up on their owner's state of mind, and 9 months into owning a dog for the first time in my life, i believe it.

Maybe you were sad/upset about someone that died and he picked up on it?

Could also be a smell that they don't like... decomposing bodies/death? Remember they can smell things that humans can't.
    Very true, totally forgot about their sense of smell.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I would chalk it up to dogs being very intuitive animals.

I'm thinking that when an owner comes home super pissed, a dog can usually tell and try to GTFO? Haha.

I don't have a dog....

My Ride
    NC1

Interesting stuff
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    changes every year

pretty interesting. I'm not religious and only believe in what I see. I have seen shit that would scare the shit out of most people, including myself.

I think I'm going to try this out and see what happens. try different cemeteries and see if anything changes.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Last edited by codetrap; 12-31-2016 at 12:50 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by codetrap
    True ghost tales.... *rolls eyes*

There's no such thing as paranormal. No evidence EVER.
    No evidence that you know for sure is real, I agree. I have seen some things and if I never did see those things, I would think the same way as you. I believe in what I see, plain and simple, I don't blame you for not believing it.

*disclaimer I was only high for one of the things I saw, but in my defense, another person said he saw the exact same thing, BEFORE i even said I saw it, as I was staring at it for minutes before he said something..

My Ride
    This and that.

Okay suspense is killing me..what did you see? I love ghost stories. lol.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Dogs can see ghosts. Maybe theres a demonic being in the cemetary
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by shakalaka
    Okay suspense is killing me..what did you see? I love ghost stories. lol.
    Ive seen things at multiple times and locations. this particular one where I was technically high (just weed).

I was 13, I was staying overnight at a friend's house, me, him and his brother in the basement living room just talking in our separate beds, lights off. down the hall there was a bathroom with a half open closet.

I lay there looking in the closet for about 10 minutes watching a face with a smile and sometimes a laughing face, creeping me the fuck out. I didn't want to say anything, but then my friend mentioned he was looking at the exact same thing...who knows what it was, but I have seen a bunch of other things while sober, a couple of which, I have witnesses that were with me.

I don't have any pets, now I'm certain I don't want any, especially dogs.

Default Re: Cemeteries and pets .. a few interesting observations

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    I apologize in advance if this turns into a discussion about religion but I'd like to hear some feedback from those who study religion or have an interest in afterlife, spiritualism etc.. I'm personally not a believer but I had a strange experience that has left me wondering.

What's much more interesting than the dogs reaction, is yours.

I mean, an animal reacts to something that you're unaware of, and it now makes you question your disbelief in the supernatural?

With that said, I doubt your proclaimed disbelief in the paranormal; not just because of your eagerness to believe based on nothing, but also your request for positive paranormal opinions, and not scientific explanations.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 02:44 PM.

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by 03ozwhip

Ive seen things at multiple times and locations. this particular one where I was technically high (just weed).

I was 13, I was staying overnight at a friend's house, me, him and his brother in the basement living room just talking in our separate beds, lights off. down the hall there was a bathroom with a half open closet.

I lay there looking in the closet for about 10 minutes watching a face with a smile and sometimes a laughing face, creeping me the fuck out. I didn't want to say anything, but then my friend mentioned he was looking at the exact same thing...who knows what it was, but I have seen a bunch of other things while sober, a couple of which, I have witnesses that were with me.
    Damn that eerie. Who knows if real or not, but I love these kinda creepy stories. No wonder Horror movies are my favourite, although the good ones are few and far between.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

There are theories about the afterlife that (assuming reincarnation) have the spirits of the deceased being unwilling (or unable) to leave our dimension of existence, thus hanging around their former body location until such a time that they can move on.

Dogs (and other animals) have a well-established role in detecting things outside our 5 senses.

Originally posted by revelations
    Dogs (and other animals) have a well-established role in detecting things outside our 5 senses.
    Sense of smell is the big one.

Like being able to smell the rodent in the wall, or the cat/dog on the other side of the wall

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

outside our 5 senses

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast