Quantcast
Shaw Wide Open Internet 150 launch. - Page 28 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaw Wide Open Internet 150 launch.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by Xtrema

Remember the trick is that let everyone get used the speed and cap and promo ends in 2 years and it goes to $135/month, instant profit.
    100% whats happening.

We stream and download things all the time and 25mbs is not a problem for us in any way (not 4K mind you).

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

BTW the number of issues I have seen with the Hitron devices (requiring a revert back to the CISCO units) is brain draining.

If you're not an internet

you can get 150 @ 60$/mth for 12 months, great deal if you don't like contracts.

Honestly this 150 promo is just to get us addicted to that high speed but then the crash to a 25mbps plan is hard lol

I would switch to telus for their lower rate 85$ non-contract but they don't have it in my area...fcking fibre..

My Ride
    Grimace

Anyone else having issues this week in the NW?

I am in sage hill, have seen others have similar issues. Speed is fine, but half the time web pages time out. Have had issues since yesterday. Still get full 150+/15 and low ping, but have been having issues with amazon, xbox live, etc. Shaw support was obviously powercycle modem/router, connect directly to modem which does nothing.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

No probs here. Using my own internal DNS server. Actually hit a genuine 200mbit of usage tonight. XB1 downloaded a game at 150mbit and 50 mbit of tv streaming elsewhere in the house.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2009 Acura TSX tech

Originally posted by revelations

100% whats happening.

We stream and download things all the time and 25mbs is not a problem for us in any way (not 4K mind you).
    Just got my parents on this deal.

I don't know how much validity there is to the lady on the phone, but I was quite clear that I don't want internet 150 if it is going to end in 1 or 2 years at this $80 dollar rate. As i want to keep my parents bill as hands off as possible. She advised there is no contractual obligation and there as long as I have the $80 dollar rate, it will grandfather once the internet 150 goes back up to regular price. Then she said to make it better, she gave us $7 dollars off internet 150 for 6 months.

Hoping it does not go back up to regular price. Or I am raising hell.

^

It will go up.

Grandfathered plans are plans that are at that regular rate. This is more of a "regular rate 135 but discounted to 80$" deal.

So in 2 yrs the rate will jump to 135. Before that though, you could call in or they may call you to offer you something else, and may ask u to sign another value plan.

Btw this is a contract, you cancel and you get charged $15/mth of remaining time of your contract.

You can lower your internet rate as low as internet 15 but nothing lower.

So if your parents can indefinitely pay 80$/mth for the 2 yrs, then it's good. If not then something to consider if you want to be on contract or not.

Good luck!

There is a strange assumption that prices will go up.

Docsis 3.1 is ready to go, I'd assume this to mean that prices will only go down. Google fiber may have given up, but Google fiber was never a consideration in Canada anyhow. They determined that 90+% of the population is pretty happy with a 15 mbit connection.

Fido had their $15 for 3GB cellular data offer last month. Prices continue to fall.

I mean really, laying down fiber or copper coated steel cabling is at least 1,000x cheaper than laying down something like steel railroad tracks. Especially considering that signaling upgrades (docsis signal upgrades) require no extra runs of cabling.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tting-cheaper/
    Last edited by ZenOps; 11-02-2016 at 06:03 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by Hero_X
    ^

It will go up.

Grandfathered plans are plans that are at that regular rate. This is more of a "regular rate 135 but discounted to 80$" deal.

So in 2 yrs the rate will jump to 135. Before that though, you could call in or they may call you to offer you something else, and may ask u to sign another value plan.

Btw this is a contract, you cancel and you get charged $15/mth of remaining time of your contract.

You can lower your internet rate as low as internet 15 but nothing lower.

So if your parents can indefinitely pay 80$/mth for the 2 yrs, then it's good. If not then something to consider if you want to be on contract or not.

Good luck!
    Nothing wrong with being in a contract. My service with shaw has always been good and my old grandfathered 50/5 was awesome but costing too much.

Switched out to the 150 plan and service still has been great and I always see higher than 150 and more towards 180ish.

With that said my old 50/5 was costing me right around the $100 mark and now I am saving close to $30 a month because of the switch. I was told that as long as I renew price will never change but if I cancel I will be paying full price.

Even if shaw pulls some stupid shit and I pay a few dollars more I am ok as long as it is not $100

My Ride
    golfR

Originally posted by schocker

I am in sage hill, have seen others have similar issues. Speed is fine, but half the time web pages time out. Have had issues since yesterday. Still get full 150+/15 and low ping, but have been having issues with amazon, xbox live, etc. Shaw support was obviously powercycle modem/router, connect directly to modem which does nothing.
    Same area. Was having the same problems all day yesterday and well into the evening.

My Ride
    '16 GMC HD '94 MKIV SUPRA

I was having the same issues in Royal oak, 170+ /16 and having major connectivity issues, XBL wouldn't log in, netflix would take 2 mins to fully load shows into hd etc etc called shaw and they did a factory reset on my modem and it was all good after!

Change dns to google public dns 8.8.8.8

Fucking Hitron!
    Powercycled 5 times last night with no affect.
    Called a tech demanded a Cisco.
    She reluctantly admitted that they do have something other than Hitron, but still said no without a technician visit.

Proceded to do a factory reset brought it back for a second on boot up and immediately went back down.

She finally caved and gave put it in my notes, and I was able to pick up a Cisco from the downtown location(only location that has them and they just started getting them last week).

Decided to sign up today as well. Called Shaw saying I'd like to cancel because I am signing up with Telus they offered me a package within $60 of Telus so I decided to stay with Shaw.

$95/month for 1st year and $154/month for second year. This includes Internet 150, Popular TV (Gateway + 2 Portals) and Home Phone. If I didn't want the home phone it would be $10.00 less per month.

Not sure if this is a good deal but I was paying $150/month with Shaw for Personal TV and Internet 60 and home phone. So I saved a bit and have more channels/speed now.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by phreezee
    Fucking Hitron!
    She reluctantly admitted that they do have something other than Hitron, but still said no without a technician visit.

Proceded to do a factory reset brought it back for a second on boot up and immediately went back down.

She finally caved and gave put it in my notes, and I was able to pick up a Cisco from the downtown location(only location that has them and they just started getting them last week).
    Haha nice work. I think mine went down last night because I got an email about my nestcam being offline but it worked this morning.

The high latency issue though did fix itself the next day so I think it was on shaw's end.

Originally posted by phreezee

Fucking Hitron!

I was having these issues and I called in and got a really good tech who ended up activating a second IP address on the 2nd port so that when it goes down I can see if it's a problem between my router and the modem or the modem itself. Since he did that I have had zero issues with my connection... very strange!

My Ride
    TDi

I've had so many problems with Shaw since I signed up two years ago

I live in Nolan and they were have tons of problems with the fibre routers. Switched modem 3 times, called 6+ times, and techs came 3 times because of connectivity issues:
    - power reset every 1-3 days
    - wifi not working at all
    - played dota 2 while wife was browsing and the internet just dies after 10 minutes (wtf?)

I think *cross my fingers* that the new modem (w/ updated software) is good now. Was able to get $15/month off for the first year and got one full month of internet and cable for free.

Wow, what a gong show!
    GO FLAMES GO!

BUMP!

Internet 150 is now Unlimited!

Internet 30 & 60 is now 75 with 500GB/Month.

Shaw Internet Plans
    Originally posted by Xtrema
    ZenOps is like everyone's crazy uncle.
    Originally posted by DayGlow
    How do you respond to stupid?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Jesus fucking christ Rob Anders, learn to read your own links.
    Originally posted by Seth1968
    Zenops: Ok, but remember my dick is made of nickle.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

MyShaw still shows 1TB on my account, do we need to opt in to this?

The new plan is $5 more than I am paying now though so I doubt it, still this is awesome.

Edit: fine print still says 1TB
    Last edited by killramos; 08-01-2017 at 03:43 PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Grimace

Usually run over 1tb and have never heard a peep anyways.

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 ... LastLast