Quantcast
Acquired collection of old possessions. Would there be interest on beyond? - Page 14 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Acquired collection of old possessions. Would there be interest on beyond?

Lawnmower gone.
    Will fuck off, again.

Flowbee gone, ExtraSlow got to see me in my gungiest work clothes but considering the grossness of the restaurant/pub I'm helping rebuild there's no point in putting decent on. BTW, post a review of the fabulous Flowbee.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by speedog
    Flowbee gone, ExtraSlow got to see me in my gungiest work clothes

Will probably post review.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

roopi, Western Union Telegraph - still available, you still want?
    Will fuck off, again.

Still have a few things about that I thought I would keep but am realizing that they'd just be collecting dust. One item that I discovered tucked away in our house that I had forgot about is a very good copy of Frank Frazetta's Book Four. The rear cover and all inside pages are in like new condition, the binding and front cover have some light scuffing - no tears at all any where that I've found. This is a quite collectable book going for prices that I wasn't expecting - that said, I'll let it go for $30.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

There are also a number of comic books that are in very good condition as well, even better condition than this book - I think I'll be selling them as well.

As for my uncle's place, bin 12 is almost full (13 if you count all the metal the metal collector guy took away for free). New 98% efficiency furnace installed with humidifier, new water heater, new electrical panel, all light fixtures in the house will be LED, new electric fireplace upstairs, new windows, doors and patio door. Drywall should be finished this week, painting still plus new interior doors, new cabinets - blew out a wall between the dining/living room and the kitchen and will be putting an island in. A structural beam is in place where the wall was removed. Both upstairs bathrooms will be new and a half bath was added downstairs. Flooring will be hardwood of some type up, not sure about down yet. New soffit, fascia and eaves troughs. Shingles were replaced just 2 or 3 years ago. Not sure if a decision has been made on appliances yet.

Most of the trees out back were removed - all willows, two apple trees remain. All overgrown bushes removed including stumps being ground out - willow stumps ground as well with the exception of one that runs over some utility lines. Fence will be moved in at the rear of the yard because it encroached 2 feet into the alley at one corner - one neighbor wouldn't sign off on an easement. Sidewalks out front being levelled and repaired, landscaping stone wall built around base of two large spruce trees on which we removed the bottom 5 -6 feet of growth. Deck out back will be rebuilt and expanded. Yard out back will be resloped and seeded. Front lawn will have new sod laid.

The house will be going on the market this summer, it's located on the SW side of Silver Springs and was built in 1977. It's about a 12-1300 square foot bungalow with 3 bedrooms up, 2 full baths up, 1 half bath down, family room down, storage room down. Under drive double garage measures about 30x18 feet, will have an older vacuflow system mounted in the garage, work bench at the front with new electrical. Garage doors and openers will be new. Garage is not heated at the moment - unsure if heater will be installed or not. A welder outlet could easily be added as the new panel is on a wall that abuts the garage. An ideal garage for someone who wants a work shop because of it's 30 foot length plus the driveway out front can easily accommodate another four vehicles and then another two on the street. A parking pad could easily be built out back to accommodate an RV trailer - yard is about 78 feet across at the front, about 120 feet deep and about 38 feet across at the back. Fence is fairly new. Yard slopes rear to front - driveway has a slope but it's nothing major, a 2x4 will prevent a vehicle from rolling away.

If you are interested or know someone that might be interested then let me know and I can arrange for a look see. It is a solid 40 year old home that is basically new again in a fairly mature community, great neighbours except possibly for the one who wouldn't go for an easement on the fence and even he isn't all that bad.
    Last edited by speedog; 05-03-2017 at 12:29 AM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I may be interested in the comics, depending on what they are. Shoot me a PM with some pics?
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

any other vinyl?
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

No vinyl.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Pm me after Spikers on the Comics as well. Thanks Speedy
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    2016 Tacoma TRD, 87 944 turbo, 06 DL1000

Messages about the stuff I wanted before everything got put on stop order.

The Frank Frazetta is now in my wife's hands so gone.

Something else for those vintage gamers - a Digital Derby Auto Raceway game. It works but is missing the battery cover, takes 2 C cell batteries. And yes, it's sounds as obnoxious as in the video below. A toonie takes it.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

T And yes, it's sounds as obnoxious as in the video below. A toonie takes it.
    I could hear it before I even pressed play No wonder my parents hated all my toys when I was a kid.

Well crap, now the comic books are off the market. There might be a few goodies yet though, stay tuned.
    Will fuck off, again.

So we're now past ten months into this adventure and one would think that there would be no more surprises but today another amusing little one popped up. I was adjusted the old garage door opener because it was being a bit finicky and happened to notice a couple of wires having out of the plastic light cover. I pulled the light cover off and found a bi-metallic coil strip with a mercury vial attached in front of the light bulb like one would find in an old house thermostat.

This now got me a thinking as to what my uncle was trying to accomplish here and after a few minutes I figured it out - he had built a home made automatic garage door closer. When the door was closed, no light. Open the door and the light comes on which would heat up the coil strip which would in turn move and slowly bring the mercury switch to a position that would allow an electrical current to flow through the mercury and in turn close the garage door. If he closed the door himself with the wall switch, it would negate the mercury switch action in that he had it set up so the shortened light on time wouldn't heat up the coil enough to trigger the garage door to open - only the opener light being on for a longer time like it would be if you forgot the door open would result in the coil heating up enough to close the door. Quite ingenious.

Current status at the house - this week myself and a partner just finished installing all of the interior doors and associated trim and window trim. Also rebuilt the stairs in preparation for hardwood installation, mudded various drywall imperfections, trimmed the spruce trees, moved more rock and rubble, started disassembling the rear deck and put subfloors in two bathrooms.

Tomorrow will finish prepping for the painters tomorrow as well as more prep for the hardwood and first coat of paint in two bathrooms. Next week we will start installing hardwood floors, tile floors, cabinets and baseboards after that. After that will be the rebuild and expansion of the rear deck plus more landscaping, fence building at the back plus power washing and staining the existing fences and laying back down of the patio bricks and finishing the rebuild of the front sidewalk. Also have to paint all the parging and power wash the siding, remove the two old garage doors and install two new ones, build a new wall in one part of the garage, finish plumbing in three bathrooms. Ugh, so much to do yet before it goes up for sale - working there full time six days a week as of this week.

Beyond members, a fully rebuilt three bedroom, 2.5 bath bi-level in Silver Springs with a front under drive 29 foot long double garage and a front driveway with room for four full sized vehicles plus two more on the street in front - I can't offer a beyond discount because that's not my call to make but if you know someone that might be interested then let me know. It won't last long on the market. New appliances, new high efficiency for ace and water heater, new humidifier, new electrical panel, all new light fixtures, all doors and windows are new, new garage doors, enclosed storage area under rear deck, sewer line has been roto-rooted, shingles under 5 years old and I've probably forgot some things as well. Room to put an RV parking space inside the fence out back as well.
    Last edited by speedog; 05-16-2017 at 08:55 PM.
    Will fuck off, again.

Still digging up a few things - here's one that someone can have for free, a RCA model ANT350 passive indoor TV antenna. Probably good enough for those who live in Calgary and want to go OTA...

It's about 13" wide by 14" tall and has one coax connection on the rear and is designed to be mounted on a wall. Reviews are mized but it seems to work for many.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

This now got me a thinking as to what my uncle was trying to accomplish here and after a few minutes I figured it out - he had built a home made automatic garage door closer. When the door was closed, no light. Open the door and the light comes on which would heat up the coil strip which would in turn move and slowly bring the mercury switch to a position that would allow an electrical current to flow through the mercury and in turn close the garage door. If he closed the door himself with the wall switch, it would negate the mercury switch action in that he had it set up so the shortened light on time wouldn't heat up the coil enough to trigger the garage door to open - only the opener light being on for a longer time like it would be if you forgot the door open would result in the coil heating up enough to close the door. Quite ingenious.

this speaks volumes to me about what kind of guy he was

something i find very rare these days
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Pressure cooker, $5 including pots above...
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    How much do you want for the toilet paper?
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

So another kind of interesting find today under the rear deck - a 1983 Taco Time Peso, I didn't even know these things existed and then find out they're on eBay for $8.25 Canadian.

I wonder how long this sat under my uncle's deck...
    Will fuck off, again.

Well the last thing in the estate will soon be going up for sale and that is the house. We're over 15 months into this adventure and the renovations are almost complete. Garage doors were replaced this week, outside front steps were completed today, inside oak railings are about the only major thing left to do other than minor touch-ups.

Kitchen, dining room and living room opened up into one space with proper structural beam installed, new cabinets, new granite counter tops, new flooring everywhere in house (maple hardwood, tile and carpet), all new paint, all new light fixtures (all LED) and switches and outlets, new furnace and water heater (both high efficiency), new electrical panel, all new appliances (fridge, range, dishwasher, microwave, washer, dryer), all doors and windows replaced including all interior doors, new two level deck in rear yard, new sod out front plus some new brick landscaping around trees out front, hydro-seeded lawn in rear, all parging painted, new soffit and fascia, new eaves troughs and downspouts, shingles are about 5 years old and in great condition, both main level bathrooms (3 piece master ensuite and 4 piece main) completely renovated, a third bathroom (2 piece) added in basement, fences either built new or rebuilt/repainted.

3 bedrooms up, family room down with computer nook, double under drive garage with full span work bench at the front, garage runs entire length of one side of the house - probably won't take long to sell as we've had a number of parties express interest in the home. Plenty of room out back to put in an RV pad with easy alley access as alley curves right where the rear fence is - we just hydro-seeded everything, front driveway can accommodate 4 full size vehicles with ease besides the double garage.

2km to Stoney Trail, 2km to Crowchild Trail, 2.5km to Crowfoot shopping area, 6km to COP

Name:  QvNLft3h.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  186.4 KB

Name:  xZx9crgh.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  118.3 KB

Name:  91vGRrCh.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  72.4 KB

Name:  neplyAUh.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  133.2 KB

Name:  XkE6sk3h.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  166.0 KB
    Last edited by speedog; 10-14-2017 at 08:33 PM.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

I'd buy this place. What's the address?

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast