Quantcast
Opinions requested. Thinking of trading my truck in.... - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Opinions requested. Thinking of trading my truck in....

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by btimbit
    Nicely done spikers! Guy a work with just got an identical truck, colour, loadout, everything, and it's beautiful.
    yeah, it is really growing on me. I kinda let the girls have the final say, as all i needed was a new truck to haul a trailer and my tools, after that, i left it up to them, and they did good.

it is by far the most loaded vehicle I have ever had, and while I wanted a brighter color, I am really digging the black on black.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

I never was big on the looks of these new ones until I saw one with the Sports appearance pack. Ditching the chrome on the front really makes that a looker

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I never was big on the looks of these new ones until I saw one with the Sports appearance pack. Ditching the chrome on the front really makes that a looker
    I liked the chrome, but on a black truck, the sports package is killer.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    G37X

Does this have the LED headlights? If so, how are they at night?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by relyt92
    Does this have the LED headlights? If so, how are they at night?
    I don't think so, pretty sure still halogens. I got LED puddle And LED spot lights tho.

But the headlights on this gen are light years ahead of the last gen. They are so much better, and when combined with the LED fog lamps (I think they are led), it's way better.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Holy shit. Sport mode and the 3.5L EcoBoost have no business being together in a truck! But holy hell is it ever fucking fun!

As far as I can tell, sport mode will change all the shift points, keep your RPM in the sweet spot of the torque curve, and hold the gears a lot longer. Kinda feels like it may stiffen up the suspension too, but I am not sure.

Super fun though!
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Dammit spikers, now you're making me go test drive one (driving my 04 through a puddle yesterday that the engine didn't agree with didn't help either)

Seeing as you just got it I think I know the answer, but have you towed with it yet? Reading lots of things about sway from he truck being so light, but not sure how much of that is people not knowing how to distribute weight or set up sway bars

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Dammit spikers, now you're making me go test drive one (driving my 04 through a puddle yesterday that the engine didn't agree with didn't help either)

Seeing as you just got it I think I know the answer, but have you towed with it yet? Reading lots of things about sway from he truck being so light, but not sure how much of that is people not knowing how to distribute weight or set up sway bars
    No, I haven't towed with it yet, but the truck feels really well planted on the ground, I haven't encountered a situation with it yet that I have felt it slipping. Mind you, I have only been driving it a couple days.

If you are looking for a new one, Woodridge has a referral program, and I would be happy to use it and split it with you. Sorath is the finance manager there, and James was awesome to deal with.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

and here are the actual pics of the truck, in front of my house. I gotta say, the black on black is really growing on me.

Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

I like it man! congratz!

My Ride
    2005 F350

Originally posted by leftwing

No problem

The truck I'm looking at has been on the lot for a few weeks at least, so what your saying is wiggle room is diminishing. But at the same time, obviously the truck isn't a hot seller so would they not be wanting to get rid of it? Or are they patient with holding vehicles? I'm tempted to offer 53 and see what they say haha but I also want to offer right below my best offer and leave it until they (hopefully) cave in. I don't neeeeed this truck or anything so I am 100% fine walking away. I also have to negotiate my trade in. Either way I will let you know how it ends up.
    just wondering if you were successful with your offer of $58k.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Originally posted by SOAB

I did not end up putting an offer on that vehicle (yet). I have been out of the city for 8 of the last 9 days so I haven't been very active looking for a truck.

Originally posted by spikerS
    Holy shit. Sport mode and the 3.5L EcoBoost have no business being together in a truck! But holy hell is it ever fucking fun!

As far as I can tell, sport mode will change all the shift points, keep your RPM in the sweet spot of the torque curve, and hold the gears a lot longer. Kinda feels like it may stiffen up the suspension too, but I am not sure.

Super fun though!
    Congrats on the new truck. Yes, the S light brings smiles to my face every time I drive my truck. The shifts are rougher though and I think they probably could have done the transmission programming a little better. However, overall it it is just makes it so responsive and so much fun.

My Ride
    2005 F350

I can't believe how much Sport mode transforms the acceleration of the truck! it's crazy how fast these trucks are when they aren't on fuel nanny mode. puts a huge grin on my face when I need to get in front of someone.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I can't believe how much Sport mode transforms the acceleration of the truck! it's crazy how fast these trucks are when they aren't on fuel nanny mode. puts a huge grin on my face when I need to get in front of someone.
    It's nuts. It transforms the whole truck to the point it doesn't feel like a truck anymore, and paired with the 3.5 EB, the full 420lbs of TQ are always available to plant you in your seat.

Like I said, this mode has no business being in a truck. This sport mode is more suited to a sports car. Not that I am complaining of course, it puts a smile on my face every time I use it.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Negotiated on a different truck, MSRP of 75.5K had it around 59.5K. Ended up buying a different truck though. You were right though, the dealership doesn't have much room to move after employee pricing - this I wasn't aware of, now I know!
    Last edited by leftwing; 08-12-2016 at 05:20 PM.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Originally posted by leftwing

Negotiated on a different truck, MSRP of 75.5K had it around 59.5K. Ended up buying a different truck though. You were right though, the dealership doesn't have much room to move after employee pricing - this I wasn't aware of, now I know!
    I'm assuming that's a stacked Platinum? I only bring it up because I bought a 2012 Platinum new, and it was a full $12000 cheaper. I can't get over the price difference between 2014 and 2015.

My Ride
    Trucks

Do the 5.0 trucks have sport mode too? My work '16 F150 is waiting on decals before I bring it home.

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Originally posted by SkiBum5.0

I'm assuming that's a stacked Platinum? I only bring it up because I bought a 2012 Platinum new, and it was a full $12000 cheaper. I can't get over the price difference between 2014 and 2015.
    Yeah well a fairly stacked Platinum, you can option a Lariat out to over 80K which is kind of ridiculous I think.

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Originally posted by Darell_n
    Do the 5.0 trucks have sport mode too? My work '16 F150 is waiting on decals before I bring it home.
    I believe it is just the Ecoboost, but I could be mistaken.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast