Quantcast
Opinions requested. Thinking of trading my truck in.... - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions requested. Thinking of trading my truck in....

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by redline
    Congrats on the purchase, what dealer did you go with ?
    Went through Sorath at Woodridge Ford. He got a guy named James in touch with me and it all went fairly smooth.

I abandoned 2 other dealers before that as the experience was horrible.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

^^ that is every Ford dealer I have been in. I just get creeped out every time I walk in one

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Congrats spikerS!

Do you mind sharing what you got off sticker price?

Question for all of you: Looking at a F150 - Sticker is 77K dealer said expect about 16K off that in rebates/incentives - about 61K. What is a reasonable offer? is 53K to lowball?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by leftwing
    Congrats spikerS!

Do you mind sharing what you got off sticker price?

Question for all of you: Looking at a F150 - Sticker is 77K dealer said expect about 16K off that in rebates/incentives - about 61K. What is a reasonable offer? is 53K to lowball?
    You won't see lower than 61k right now.

Maybe 60 if you have Costco, furthermore if you buy on Saturday they may give up 1-2% of the holdback and let you have it for 59-60. 53k isn't realistic, you must not have a clear idea on new vehicle pricing.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Blue boy

Congrads on the new truck Spikers! Is it fully loaded bro?

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Originally posted by G-ZUS
    lol

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Originally posted by Darkane

Maybe 60 if you have Costco, furthermore if you buy on Saturday they may give up 1-2% of the holdback and let you have it for 59-60. 53k isn't realistic, you must not have a clear idea on new vehicle pricing.
    You need to send Inrich to negotiated for you he will get it for 49K bro...

if they have a truck that you want in Oct or Nov you might have better luck getting better then employee price

My Ride

if they have a truck that you want in Oct or Nov you might have better luck getting better then employee price
    Right. Employee pricing is a good time to buy but not necessarily the best.

Best time as said above is usually year end, on the last day of the month, preferably Saturday.

Ford usually has better delivery incentives and THEN haggle down to invoice pricing (employee price). If you're good, and lucky you can catch a late production run truck that hasn't been on the lot long. This way you can try for an additional 1-2% off from dealer holdback.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Blue boy

He's all about that all-in pricing

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Well I've done lots of research, but yes this is my first time buying a brand new vehicle so not sure on the process - but I do know what I want to pay. So your saying he gave me his best price without me even asking? That doesn't sound right. And yes I know I won't get the truck for 53. Hoping for 57-58. No need to be condescending.

My Ride

Originally posted by leftwing

Well I've done lots of research, but yes this is my first time buying a brand new vehicle so not sure on the process - but I do know what I want to pay. So your saying he gave me his best price without me even asking? That doesn't sound right. And yes I know I won't get the truck for 53. Hoping for 57-58. No need to be condescending.
    I wasn't trying to be condescending. So my apologies.

Thing is, ford employee pricing includes the "wiggle room" most dealers have.

The next chunk of change is the dealer holdback. This represents 2-3% of the vehicles worth and dealers very rarely dip into this as its used to pay financing on the cost of the vehicle to have it sit in the lot. The sooner a vehicle leaves the lot after it arrives, the better chance you may have of getting some hold back.

As an experiment, try offering what you had in mind and let us know how it goes. I'm quite curious what they'll say.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

I wasn't trying to be condescending. So my apologies.

Thing is, ford employee pricing includes the "wiggle room" most dealers have.

The next chunk of change is the dealer holdback. This represents 2-3% of the vehicles worth and dealers very rarely dip into this as its used to pay financing on the cost of the vehicle to have it sit in the lot. The sooner a vehicle leaves the lot after it arrives, the better chance you may have of getting some hold back.

As an experiment, try offering what you had in mind and let us know how it goes. I'm quite curious what they'll say.

No problem

The truck I'm looking at has been on the lot for a few weeks at least, so what your saying is wiggle room is diminishing. But at the same time, obviously the truck isn't a hot seller so would they not be wanting to get rid of it? Or are they patient with holding vehicles? I'm tempted to offer 53 and see what they say haha but I also want to offer right below my best offer and leave it until they (hopefully) cave in. I don't neeeeed this truck or anything so I am 100% fine walking away. I also have to negotiate my trade in. Either way I will let you know how it ends up.

My Ride
    2005 F350

no, I don't think you'll get it for 58.

A-plan (employee price) minus rebates is basically the best pricing you can get and still allow the dealer to make a little profit to keep the doors open. you should be able to negotiate a little bit off of that from their 2% holdback but not much. they still need to pay the salesperson, business manager, office staff, etc.

this is what my truck deal ended up being:

MSRP $72,000 or so
    invoice price was $64,500 or so
    Employee price was $62,900 or so
    minus $4750 factory rebate
    minus $1000 Costco
    minus $745 I was able to negotiate

total $56405 + GST.

could I have done better? maybe. by how much? probably not much to be honest. once the dealership is dipping into the holdback, that is basically bottom of the barrel for them.

I am also ok with a dealership being able to make some sort of a profit from a deal. some people aren't.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by G-ZUS
    In the words of InRich, it's fully loaded except for sunroof. It's also less the max tow package.

It actually has a really nice load out. I don't think I would want anything more in this rig.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    2005 F350

$24K off list is your offer? I think you may get laughed out of the dealership, but that's just my opinion.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

SPiKeRs did good. It's a sweeet tRuCk!
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

has anyone done a towing comparison between the new gen vs old gen 3.5 F150s? I've heard the decreased weight has made it a little less stable and front end light even though the frame was beefed up...

also toolboxes can puncture the bed!!!!

hehe, why I ask is I was thinking of moving up to a 3/4 but in the gas world, they are awfully underpowered with maybe the exception of the V10 they are brining back or the older pre 09 V10 superduty

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Last edited by codetrap; 12-31-2016 at 12:47 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Carefully setting up your WDH and adjusting your load will be crucial. Probably help quite a bit to put as much weight into the bed of the truck if you can help it.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Nicely done spikers! Guy a work with just got an identical truck, colour, loadout, everything, and it's beautiful.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast