Quantcast
eBay abuse at it's best - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: eBay abuse at it's best

Default eBay abuse at it's best

Ok, here's the story. So I'm bidding on WWE Here Comes The Pain for PS2 for my little brother on ebay. And it seems that a user/company by the name of phoenix_trading_co is selling the most copies, the cheapest price, and fastest shipping. So I place a bid on one of the numerous copies that this seller has, starting price of $3.95. And not long after I'm finally on top of the bid with $13.95.

Wanting to see what the ending price of the game was, I check the other copies that this seller has, because the prices aren't updated to the minute. So again, I see that the SAME buyer I outbid was bidding on this too. However.... he's winning the auction this time around. So not caring too much about it, I check out the OTHER copies of the same game, and guess what!??! IT'S THE SAME FRICKING BUYER!!! I decide to check out this guy's feedback... well... check it out for yourself...

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...userid=ylee123

Note that the first 3 pages of his feedback have all been pretty much from the same seller. Which leads me to believe that he works the seller and isn't actually buying anything from the seller, but rather he's a price raiser. The times that he has "bought" the items were because no one else would bid ridiculous prices for shitty games.

Gotta love eBay abusers. Can't trust anyone on eBay anymore, too many fucking scammers everywhere.

My Ride
    335i

Report him to ebay - thats so obvious i'm surprised he hasn't been caught yet.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Ebay makes money off each sale. I don't think they'd ban the guy.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I doubt eBay will do anything about this as long as the fees are being paid which they must be because if a non-bidder complaint is filed more than 3 times for the same user the account would have been suspended.

My Ride
    E36///M3

i bet that happens more then enuf
    Introduce your heart to your throat.

My Ride
    pedals

i would assume if the item the company is selling is too low, then they have a guy who "buys" it. then the only cost is the fee. so if its worth it for them to take the hit on the fee they bif on thier own product. if it cheaper to just sell the item than thats what happens.

I think that e-bay should get personal information from everymember they have so none of this shit goes on and if it does they can catch the idiots who do this. I will not buy anything off ebay becasuse alot of it is a big scam and you have no Idea what is and what isn't. My buddy once placed a bid on ebay for like a box of 200 firecrackers and paid $250.00 for it. when the box arrived at his hosue he opened it and it was full of bubble wrap and pictures or firecrackers! I would recommend to everybody not to buy on e-bay!!

well you just have to buy from reputable (or trust they are reputable) ppl and also email back and forth enough to build evidence against the person if something happens.

all of my transactions have gone smoothly.

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

that's called shilling.. its against the rules..

they have two accounts, and use one account to jack the price up.

report him.

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Maybe it's a store buying lots of cheap stuff

One word of advice for you is never bid on anything on ebay UNTIL THE LAST 15 SECONDS!! You're only making it more expensive by bidding before the auction end, and you're making it easy for people to shill-bid the auction on you..
    Bought not built!

Originally posted by kevie88
    Maybe it's a store buying lots of cheap stuff

One word of advice for you is never bid on anything on ebay UNTIL THE LAST 15 SECONDS!! You're only making it more expensive by bidding before the auction end, and you're making it easy for people to shill-bid the auction on you..
    Hehehe, sniping is the way to go.

It really doesn't matter if someone gets more than one positive feedback from the same person. In the end, it all only counts as one feedback on the number next to his name.
    I've bought stuff repeaditly from the same seller on several seperate occasions. But my feedback number doesn't increase from the same seller.

It looks like this 'ylee' user is there for jacking up prices. So it might be worth looking into...
    Damn +44411's

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

maybe ylee is there to buy the games for cheap....if u look at all the auctions he isn't jacking up the prices. he bids on them at the last minute. plus ebay gets 5% of closing price so i doubt ebay cares, as long as they get money everything is fine to them.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by sti_power
    I think that e-bay should get personal information from everymember they have so none of this shit goes on and if it does they can catch the idiots who do this. I will not buy anything off ebay becasuse alot of it is a big scam and you have no Idea what is and what isn't. My buddy once placed a bid on ebay for like a box of 200 firecrackers and paid $250.00 for it. when the box arrived at his hosue he opened it and it was full of bubble wrap and pictures or firecrackers! I would recommend to everybody not to buy on e-bay!!

Anyone who pays 250 bucks for 200 firecrackers deserves to get owned. its not like you can ship them anyways without a Dangerous Goods carrier, and they would be confisgated at the border anyways because they're illegal.
    Travel

My Ride
    240sx, 300c, turbo TE72, FG1 Civic, Pilot

i think that both parties are legit.
    look at how many people buy off phoenix trading co. they sell their stuff pretty cheap. it's kind of like ss auto chrome. i know alot of people who buy strictly from them. and then there is japandy who ships things from japan. there are many instances where people buy most-if not all- their stuff from one source.

think about it this way. if there was a store which always had the lowest prices, and you always had a good experience with, wouldn't you want to always buy from them? looking at the sellers feedback, it seems to me that he sells way too much to be pulling that off. but, if you would like to report it, you are better safe than sorry.

ph: 403.248.1566
    email: [email protected]

Supertech, Link ECU, ViPec, Nistune, Competition Clutch, Nardi, Personal, Worksbell, Seibon, VIS, Shine Auto Project, Agency Power, Status, Full-Race, Stillen, Mazworx,
    Megan Racing, Zedd Performance, Varrstoen

Looking back on 7 different copies of the same game, which all have ended, this ylee user is setting his max bid at $23.10. After this price point, other users win the auction instead.

Originally posted by Zephyr
    maybe ylee is there to buy the games for cheap....if u look at all the auctions he isn't jacking up the prices. he bids on them at the last minute. plus ebay gets 5% of closing price so i doubt ebay cares, as long as they get money everything is fine to them.
    Highest bidders usually keeps on refreshing the page near the last minute of the auction. So ylee is probably trying to jack up the price higher, knowing that the REAL highest bidder will probably outbid him if they're really desperate.