Quantcast
Another machete attack Germany 07/24/2016 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Another machete attack Germany 07/24/2016

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by msommers
    Really unfortunate to hear this happened. The guy sounds like he had mental problems:

Hahaha, your regressive liberalism is cute when on display

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

I wondered the same thing. What's the point in denying asylum if you're just going to let them live there anyways? Further to that it sounds like they were actually providing him with accommodation?
    It is against the UN human charter of rights shit to send people back where they came from if they could have their rights violated upon return. Essentially, if you are oppressed in almost any way, you have the right to stay in a safe area. Standard operating procedure is to claim you can't be deported because you'll be tortured (literally everyone says that, apparently most countries torture refugee claimants for shits and giggles upon their return I guess).

To have your application DENIED after leaving a warzone indicates to me the guy was up to no good and/or was a lying piece of crap. And yet still he stayed there with FREE housing. Surprised he wasn't out protesting against his abhorrent treatment of free housing in the meantime if that is how he treats a country that welcomes him with open arms and shelters him while hundreds of thousands of people die in the country he ran from like a bitch rather than fighting for.
    Last edited by HiTempguy1; 07-25-2016 at 10:19 AM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    Hahaha, your regressive liberalism is cute when on display
    Not enough information was out at the time to just assume he was a terrorist. Might want to tuck that in, your prejudices are showing.

Here's the latest from BBC to stew over:

Police said the attack happened after an argument developed between the man and the 45-year-old Polish woman.

Police said there was no indication that it was terrorist attack and it was more likely to have been "a crime of passion".

The incident comes amid tension after other bloody events in the past week.

A shooting rampage in Munich on Friday left nine people dead while an axe attack on a train a week ago injured several people.

The 21-year-old man arrested in Reutlingen was acting alone, police said.

The victim and her attacker both worked at the same Turkish fast-food restaurant close to where the argument took place, German media reported.

Police added that the man arrested had been involved in previous incidents where he had caused injury, but gave no further details.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36879196
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Not enough information was out at the time to just assume he was a terrorist. Might want to tuck that in, your prejudices are showing.
    Yea, but we should just try and justify it away instead and then be shocked that it was indeed terrorism after the fact.

Or call a spade a spade. Ya know, we could do that too.

I don't care what the color of your skin is or what religion you believe in. But that doesn't stop the fact that an overwhelming amount of these incidents are being caused by people of Islamic type faiths So yes, I'm prejudiced against the people who are doing these things and assuming they are what they typically turn out to be.

But that hardly equates to me being of the mindset that all muslims are terrorists. That is just silly. What is also silly is you being an apologist for an extreme portion of a religion/middle-east mindset that is intent on doing harm to our society.

Edit-
    Missed an "i" in religion

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I just realized why we're butting heads here, my mistake.

Sadly, I'm getting events mixed up as this thread started with the machete attacker (just a crazy guy) and the other bombing incident, who was an ISIS agent. Agreed that suicide bombings are highly indicative of ISIS-style terrorism. The latter was an individual who had been in Germany for a year before the Syrian migrant crisis started.

Bavarian authorities said a video found on the Ansbach bomber's phone showed him pledging allegiance to ISIS. Germany's top security official, Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere, had said it was too early to rule out terrorism as a motive, but noted that the suspect had twice attempted suicide and had been receiving psychological care.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/germany...bach-1.3693308

Interesting why his views changed or if he was hiding or just high.

The unidentified man had repeatedly received psychiatric treatment, including twice for attempted suicide, authorities said, and had been known to police for drug possession.

Authorities on Monday morning raided the asylum shelter where he lived in the suburbs of Ansbach and searched his room.

One resident there said he had occasionally drunk coffee with the attacker and they had discussed religion. Alireza Khodadadi told The Associated Press that the man, whom he would identify only as Mohammed, had told him that the extremist Islamic State group was not representative of Islam.
    http://nypost.com/2016/07/25/germany...iance-to-isis/
    Ultracrepidarian

Here's the latest from BBC to stew over:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36879196
    I just need to know, why does it have to be a planned terrorist attack for there to be a cultural problem identified?

Only a very small percentage of Muslims are actually violent radicalized people that join a terrorist cell, but a high percentage of them believe in honor killings , or killing apostates... These are the non-terrorist/ISIS members who still believe in killing other people based on what "man in sky" tells them.

Police said the attack happened after an argument developed between the man and the 45-year-old Polish woman.

Police said there was no indication that it was terrorist attack and it was more likely to have been "a crime of passion".
    Know what Happens when I get angry at a 45 year old polish woman? I walk away. I don't pull out a machete (seriously... who fucking just keeps a machete with them!) and go swinging.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    I just need to know, why does it have to be a planned terrorist attack for there to be a cultural problem identified?

Only a very small percentage of Muslims are actually violent radicalized people that join a terrorist cell, but a high percentage of them believe in honor killings , or killing apostates... These are the non-terrorist/ISIS members who still believe in killing other people based on what "man in sky" tells them.
    http://www.pewforum.org/files/2013/0...ull-report.pdf

Pg. 89. I wouldn't say high percentage but certainly not something to take lightly.

Honour killings are not something I agree with or condone, despite whatever religion says or what country a person lives in. It appears that the majority surveyed also agree, saying it's never justified. It's also not something that I actively think will be a problem in Europe or North America. Maybe in a 100 years (very, very doubtful), but who really knows if we'll even make it that long (another topic entirely).

If I sit at home and hate my neighbour because my book says so, fine, you can even hold a rally about why you hate them - I don't agree with it but it's freedom of speech. But as soon as you act on that hate, ranging from "Go back to Africa" to someone directly, to vandalizing a mosque to blowing yourself up, all of which is when I have a problem and is without question an obvious concern. Hate crimes went up as refugees started coming in, why is that?

Moreover, despite me getting mixed on my stories which was sloppy, it goes to show how different these attacks were and yet highlighted that both murderers were labelled as terrorists, despite their very different act styles and reasons for doing what they did. That assumption is also a major problem and we need to recognize that.

Lastly, according to various articles, both of these attackers were receiving psychiatric care.
    Last edited by msommers; 07-25-2016 at 01:16 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

Honour killings are not something I agree with or condone
    I kind of laughed that you felt the need to state this

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    I kind of laughed that you felt the need to state this
    With so many assumptions floating around, it seems necessary to state the obvious as of late.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

With so many assumptions floating around, it seems necessary to state the obvious as of late.
    It would be easy to confuse your opinion on that subject, considering how much empathy you feel for the people doing the killing in the name of religion.

As for honor killings, I even grabbed this from a fairly liberal source (sure, PEW is "nonpartisan" LOL).

Words are fun! You are correct that a "majority" of muslims don't agree with honor killings, but by country, it looks like about 40%+ do on average and even higher when it comes to women!

Additionally, that poll is specifically worded as to confuse the question, and doesn't ask directly whether "honor killing is acceptable or not".

Edit-
    I also LOVE the deflection to "mental illness"; you do realize that fully half of households in North America obtain psychiatric help on a yearly basis, right?

Literally, for 50% of North Americans you could claim these same things, "he's mentally ill!!111!1"
    Last edited by HiTempguy1; 07-25-2016 at 02:30 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

It would be easy to confuse your opinion on that subject, considering how much empathy you feel for the people doing the killing in the name of religion.

Dude, stop trying so hard. It's making you look desperate for acceptance.

I do not have empathy for people killing in the name of religion and have never stated that.

I can't believe I even need to state that.

Edit-
    I also LOVE the deflection to "mental illness"; you do realize that fully half of households in North America obtain psychiatric help on a yearly basis, right?

Literally, for 50% of North Americans you could claim these same things, "he's mentally ill!!111!1"
    Firstly, you need to understand how quotations in a sentence work.

Secondly, if literally 50% of NA could claim these, show me a creditable source. Otherwise, you don't understand what literally means or you're hyperbolizing again.
    Last edited by msommers; 07-25-2016 at 02:38 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Firstly, you need to understand how quotations in a sentence work.

Secondly, if literally 50% of NA could claim these, show me a creditable source. Otherwise, you don't understand what literally means or you're hyperbolizing again.
    Firstly, if you do not understand how the quotation marks are being used in my manner of forum conversation, how do you even internet? Are you eight? Welcome to the interwebs, it's a well defined way of noting sarcasm or irony in the written English language.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scare_quotes

Secondly, I'm just trying out your antics, they are fun. However, that claim is by the American Psychological Association. Unlike your claims, I don't need to run to biased news sources, I just go straight to the claimant. Go find it yourself, google is an amazing thing. And it's actually 49%, but it wouldn't matter if it was 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, the point is that claiming mental illness as a cause is a copout. Everything is a mental illness nowadays. My bagel wasn't double toasted this morning, SNAP, LOSE IT!

I'll post a source everytime we discuss something when you start doing it. Of course, that would be ridiculously tedious if every conversation ever had required a source next to every statement.
    Last edited by HiTempguy1; 07-25-2016 at 03:09 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Firstly, if you do not understand how the quotation marks are being used in my manner of forum conversation, how do you even internet? Are you eight?
    The irony here is pretty funny as someone who is actually eight is likely more in-tune with slang on the internet than someone who is older.

However, that claim is by the American Psychological Association. .... Go find it yourself, google is an amazing thing. And it's actually 49%, but it wouldn't matter if it was 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, the point is that claiming mental illness as a cause is a copout. Everything is a mental illness nowadays. My bagel wasn't double toasted this morning, SNAP, LOSE IT!
    This is obviously where we differ. Not only do you think mental illness is a copout, but you can't help yourself hyperbolizing a lot of what you say. Why is that? Why is mental illness a copout? Feel free to PM me, I'm interested.

If you're going to throw numbers out, at least source where you got them from. Otherwise, I guess I just believe you?

I'm incredibly interested in psychiatry and that number seems surprisingly high especially given the stigma of mental health in North America, so I would be interested in reading it if you can find it again as I cannot.

Unlike your claims, I don't need to run to biased news sources
    What would you suggest rather than CBC and BBC?

-----

End of the day, you like trolling and by your own advice, should never been taken seriously.

Its much more fun to just be obtuse and get people riled up instead
    The first problem would be assuming I take any of this seriously, the second problem would be me not caring at all what most people on this forum think
    Out of 5659 posts, 2525 were in the Society section. That's a lot of trolling.
    Last edited by msommers; 07-25-2016 at 03:47 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

I hear it's possible to have varying degrees of mental illness. Like a more severe type that is dangerous to people and a milder type. Unless Islam is involved in any way, of course.

Like this knife attack in Tokyo that just happened: http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/at-least...orts-1.3001723

Probably not connected to any religion so it's not terrorism, it's mental illness.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

[B]

The irony here
    No, the irony would be if someone that was eight had more literary intelligence than someone who went to university and "appears" they have the ability to read (but probably not comprehend) what is written.

This is obviously where we differ. Not only do you think mental illness is a copout, but you can't help yourself hyperbolizing a lot of what you say. Why is that? Why is mental illness a copout?
    Why is that? Why is mental illness not a copout? Again, rather than providing any form of reasoning behind your point of view, you just question the other person's and attack them personally. Yawn.

If you're going to throw numbers out, at least source where you got them from. Otherwise, I guess I just believe you?
    Right back at you. Show the person the same courtesy you demand, and maybe you'll receive it.

What would you suggest rather than CBC and BBC?

Anything? Expand your horizons. I read (on a good day) RT, BBC, Bloomberg, The National Post, and The Daily Telegraph. A wide sampling of differing political and ideological readings. And if I want further data, I find it myself from the actual data sources, not some knob with no brain sensationalizing it.

But to the point of mental illness; any behavior deemed unacceptable to society is a mental illness. As such, it is very easy to dispute any such call of "mental illness" being the problem. But it is a great copout for sympathizers.

If that japanese guy let loose? There is a thing for that, its called "anger". Who knows? If he didn't shout "alluh snackbar" at the beginning, probably not terrorism. By its very nature, terrorism requires you to be acting on a perceived greater groups part. Being mad at life and killing people doesn't fit that definition.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

No, the irony would be if someone that was eight had more literary intelligence than someone who went to university and "appears" they have the ability to read (but probably not comprehend) what is written.

Why is that? Why is mental illness not a copout? Again, rather than providing any form of reasoning behind your point of view, you just question the other person's and attack them personally. Yawn.

Right back at you. Show the person the same courtesy you demand, and maybe you'll receive it.

Anything? Expand your horizons. I read (on a good day) RT, BBC, Bloomberg, The National Post, and The Daily Telegraph. A wide sampling of differing political and ideological readings. And if I want further data, I find it myself from the actual data sources, not some knob with no brain sensationalizing it.

But to the point of mental illness; any behavior deemed unacceptable to society is a mental illness. As such, it is very easy to dispute any such call of "mental illness" being the problem. But it is a great copout for sympathizers.

If that japanese guy let loose? There is a thing for that, its called "anger". Who knows? If he didn't shout "alluh snackbar" at the beginning, probably not terrorism. By its very nature, terrorism requires you to be acting on a perceived greater groups part. Being mad at life and killing people doesn't fit that definition.
    It's so much funnier when I realize you aren't serious.

Thanks Adam, it's been a great run.
    Ultracrepidarian

mental illness is not a cop out for anything. Completely ridiculous statement that shows a complete lack of understanding of psychiatry and neurology. I just love the certainty of ignorant people (sarcasm). Don't stress over it msommers

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Originally posted by BigMass
    mental illness is not a cop out for anything. Completely ridiculous statement that shows a complete lack of understanding of psychiatry and neurology. I just love the certainty of ignorant people (sarcasm). Don't stress over it msommers
    no but your absolutely right. Sooooo... in other news, and in case anyone's NOT paying attention. there have been 4... thats right! four! terrorist attacks in Germany alone this past week.... all by rags... but no your probably right they all have mental issues right? Germany's about half the size of Alberta btw to anyone who doesn't know. And last year they took in more muslim refugee's than any other country... Coincidence? I think... not.

Than again msommers could actually be onto something... I think I read an article a year or so ago where Muslims are actually the most inbred people on earth. let me see if I can google it.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...nbreeding.html

Oh shit, just googled it. looks like alot of articles actually. So yea, they might actually have serious mental issues. makes sense.

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by InRich
    in other news, and in case anyone's NOT paying attention. there have been 4... thats right! four! terrorist attacks in Germany alone this past week.... all by rags... but no your probably right they all have mental issues right? Germany's about half the size of Alberta btw to anyone who doesn't know. And last year they took in more muslim refugee's than any other country... Coincidence? I think... not.
    Found the guy not paying attention (or gullible enough to read "the rebel", not sure which...)

FYI, "rags" is unnecessary and highly inappropriate.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

no but your absolutely right. Sooooo... in other news, and in case anyone's NOT paying attention. there have been 4... thats right! four! terrorist attacks in Germany alone this past week.... all by rags... but no your probably right they all have mental issues right? Germany's about half the size of Alberta btw to anyone who doesn't know. And last year they took in more muslim refugee's than any other country... Coincidence? I think... not.

Than again msommers could actually be onto something... I think I read an article a year or so ago where Muslims are actually the most inbred people on earth. let me see if I can google it.

Oh shit, just googled it. looks like alot of articles actually. So yea, they might actually have serious mental issues. makes sense.
    Hahaha wow. You're out of control man.
    Ultracrepidarian

Yeah ok... You do understand that this is exactly how the KKK think and brain wash members. They constantly publish BS articles and blogs about how other races are inferior to them. Garbage studies that show how other races of people are less intelligent by design, or less motivated, or any other number of things that support their propaganda.

You going around spouting that 50% of Muslims are inbreed and 80% of them live on welfare is basically doing exactly the same thing.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast