Quantcast
Another machete attack Germany 07/24/2016 - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Another machete attack Germany 07/24/2016

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    Whoa! Did not expect that. You're welcome, everyone.
    thanks! Stormfront and Calgary white supremacist groups don't need to be using beyond.ca for recruiting purposes. Lately, the so called, "it's cool to be racist" trend was starting to (and still is) very concerning to me and am glad that beyond at least has a limit to this type of trash. I just hope Muslims in Calgary don't read this type of stuff and start getting the wrong idea about our city.

according to people like InRich, our mayor is Muslim and currently we should be living under sharia law. His reality is delusional, while our reality includes a more liberal understanding of Islam that teaches acceptance for other religions and for LGBT rights. In the same way Christian denominations became more and more liberal so are Islamic groups in the west. We should encourage this as a society instead of pitting our medieval pitchforks against theirs.

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    Haha, so its ok to call trump and his followers psychotic and nazis, but not fair play the other way?
    such bullshit, don't try to pretend like you don't understand the difference between name calling and slurs, you're not a child.

Originally posted by BigMass

thanks! Stormfront and Calgary white supremacist groups don't need to be using beyond.ca for recruiting purposes. Lately, the so called, "it's cool to be racist" trend was starting to (and still is) very concerning to me and am glad that beyond at least has a limit to this type of trash. I just hope Muslims in Calgary don't read this type of stuff and start getting the wrong idea about our city.

according to people like InRich, our mayor is Muslim and currently we should be living under sharia law. His reality is delusional, while our reality includes a more liberal understanding of Islam that teaches acceptance for other religions and for LGBT rights. In the same way Christian denominations became more and more liberal so are Islamic groups in the west. We should encourage this as a society instead of pitting our medieval pitchforks against theirs.
    IMO organized and mass religion as a rule is not tolerant, and it's positive teachings are often ignored in favor of all the negative aspects. It's not dissimilar to mob/group mentalities, and I see parallels with the saying: A person is smart, people are stupid.

Most religions claim they preach tolerance, but it seems like that is more of a facade in the real world than a reality. Religion also loves strangling free thought and education, and that is the building blocks for tolerance. How can you promote tolerance or be tolerant of others when you know nothing about them? Hate is breed by ignorance, and the most uneducated ignorant filled shitholes on this planet are also the ones that you are most likely to get killed for some abstract thought that doesn't conform to the religious norm. Go be a flaming homosexual in Iran, or pakistan, or saudi arabia, and see what happens to you. Tolerant my ass.

I say logic dictates that you would be right that religious groups are probably becoming more liberal, and therefore should be becoming more tolerant as they open their minds more and become less ignorant. But, you're looking at a very long way in the future before that happens with your average person who comes from an Islamic state, or someone who comes from a hardcore bible belt, or wherever that is hardcore religious.

I would say it is no stretch of the truth to say that on this planet you are far more likely to be murdered than have your life saved because of religion. It would be nice if everyone kept what brand of sky wizard they believed in to themselves and never organized this shit, because all organizing it did was create a system of hateful people trying to one up each other on how extremely devote they are.

I would say your views on how tolerant your average person is is a little generous. Throwing religion into the equation just makes it worse. and the proof of that statement is we live in one of the most tolerant forward thinking liberal minded countries on the planet........... and yet we have the likes of Inrich (and i doubt he's really as bad as you think he is).....

so if we spawn the likes of inrich with all our propaganda for tolerance and open mindedness, wtf do you think is lurking in places like syria?
    Last edited by zhao; 08-07-2016 at 04:35 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

is buddhism the best then? since it's all about kindness to your fellow bros. seems chill
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Toma gone, InRich gone, man.

Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Originally posted by zhao

IMO organized and mass religion as a rule is not tolerant, and it's positive teachings are often ignored in favor of all the negative aspects. It's not dissimilar to mob/group mentalities, and I see parallels with the saying: A person is smart, people are stupid.

Most religions claim they preach tolerance, but it seems like that is more of a facade in the real world than a reality. Religion also loves strangling free thought and education, and that is the building blocks for tolerance. How can you promote tolerance or be tolerant of others when you know nothing about them? Hate is breed by ignorance, and the most uneducated ignorant filled shitholes on this planet are also the ones that you are most likely to get killed for some abstract thought that doesn't conform to the religious norm. Go be a flaming homosexual in Iran, or pakistan, or saudi arabia, and see what happens to you. Tolerant my ass.

I say logic dictates that you would be right that religious groups are probably becoming more liberal, and therefore should be becoming more tolerant as they open their minds more and become less ignorant. But, you're looking at a very long way in the future before that happens with your average person who comes from an Islamic state, or someone who comes from a hardcore bible belt, or wherever that is hardcore religious.

I would say it is no stretch of the truth to say that on this planet you are far more likely to be murdered than have your life saved because of religion. It would be nice if everyone kept what brand of sky wizard they believed in to themselves and never organized this shit, because all organizing it did was create a system of hateful people trying to one up each other on how extremely devote they are.

I would say your views on how tolerant your average person is is a little generous. Throwing religion into the equation just makes it worse. and the proof of that statement is we live in one of the most tolerant forward thinking liberal minded countries on the planet........... and yet we have the likes of Inrich (and i doubt he's really as bad as you think he is).....

so if we spawn the likes of inrich with all our propaganda for tolerance and open mindedness, wtf do you think is lurking in places like syria?
    I appreciate your post and the way you went about expressing your ideas. IMHO we need to work within an a framework of reality and not fantasy. Wishing religion away and thinking everyone can start thinking within some sort of scientific framework tomorrow is just not going to happen. There are now Christian denominations that barely believe in the supernatural or a god. They believe that Jesus was just a human that had good things to teach. Many Jews identify as Jewish in terms of culture and are completely atheist. I'm sure there are many Muslims that are also atheist that just keep their cultural traditions but would currently not dare express that idea. We need to encourage and appeal to these people and educate new immigrant children which will help them develop these more liberal ideas.

Whenever I'm able to have intellectual discussions with Jews, Christians and Muslims, it's almost always with those that still identify with some sort of culture, but don't really believe in magic and sorcery. These are the types of ideas we need to embrace IMO.

We have a very good system of letting in Syrian refuges IMO. We have qualified professionals like doctors, engineers, scientists, etc that were being persecuted and are coming here to get away from the bat-shit-crazy. We have people that just want to come here for a better life. My father came here the same way escaping communism 40 years ago. I welcome the Muslim refugees into Canada and have confidence that they can enrich our nation in the same way others have in the past. My father worked In Calgary as an engineer almost his entire professional career after he was given refugee status. I thank Canada and it's citizens for that opportunity. Lets not turn away the next great scientific discovery or technological innovator from Canada just because they happen to be born into Islam.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

What Inrich could of said instead:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/01/op...-violence.html
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by Toms-SC
    Toma gone, InRich gone, man.

Using Mod privileges nobody knew he still had, Toma edited and deleted other users posts without their knowledge.

InRich was starting to throw out racial slurs.

I'm okay if Beyond's "reality" doesn't include that type of behaviour.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

Originally posted by 01RedDX

More like UnRich, because NDP.

Well played RedDX
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by max_boost
    is buddhism the best then? since it's all about kindness to your fellow bros. seems chill
    When human organizes, there will always be extremism regardless what banner it organizes under.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/comm...-minority.html
    Last edited by Xtrema; 08-08-2016 at 11:36 AM.

My Ride
    9 second 2jz S13 Silvia!

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

Using Mod privileges nobody knew he still had, Toma edited and deleted other users posts without their knowledge.

InRich was starting to throw out racial slurs.

I'm okay if Beyond's "reality" doesn't include that type of behaviour.
    You are lying. Toma not once edited a post. In about 10 years, he deleted perhaps 10 posts, all direct forum rule violations. It would say something like "delete post, replace with rules". With power abuse that frequent, no wonder nobody remembered his limited privileges.

Please don't compare him to that bigit.
    1991 Silvia wannabe 240sx. 2jz power. 8.9 sec @ 154mph, 1.35 60 foot.
    Sponsored by EBAY parts

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

To be fair, Toma wasn't even banned for deleting and modifying users posts. He just slunk off to lick his wounds and quit the forum for around 6 months once he was caught while unleashing Thales of Instability on us instead.

No what he actually got banned for was far more akin to InRich, not keeping his whack job opinions to himself when told to settle the fuck down.
    Last edited by killramos; 08-08-2016 at 02:56 PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    9 second 2jz S13 Silvia!

Originally posted by killramos

To be fair, Toma wasn't even banned for deleting and modifying users posts. He just slunk off to lick his wounds and quit the forum for around 6 months once he was caught while unleashing Thales of Instability on us instead.
    You are lying as well. Toma was definately not Thales.

He is also moderator on 780, but doesn't visit there either, too busy during the season, but winter when he is bored is a different story.

Nothing like the other guy, only rule he broke was being annoying to some moderators. He was told something like you can stay a member, but you cant express your opinion.
    Last edited by Silviawannab; 08-08-2016 at 02:59 PM.
    Sponsored by EBAY parts

Originally posted by Silviawannab
    You are lying. Toma not once edited a post. In about 10 years, he deleted perhaps 10 posts, all direct forum rule violations. It would say something like "delete post, replace with rules". With power abuse that frequent, no wonder nobody remembered his limited privileges.

Please don't compare him to that bigit.
    Trying to defend Toma

I'm not lying. He deleted posts that met forum rules but didn't match his own point of view, essentially censoring other members using a privilege he should not have had. Now is deleting the same as editing? Semantics , they both show lack of character and share a similar intent. Ironic since he spent the vast majority of his time here criticizing Harper for the same, but rampant hypocrisy never really mattered to Toma.

Nothing like the other guy, only rule he broke was being annoying to some moderators. He was told something like you can stay a member, but you cant express your opinion.
    Now you're lying, Toma was not banned for being annoying, nobody here has ever been banned for being annoying. Toma pushed way past the limits in terms of conduct, in that regard the comparison to InRich is accurate. Time to take your "rose coloured" glasses off, Toma had a complete online meltdown and lost the plot entirely.

Now let's move on, shall we?
    Last edited by rx7_turbo2; 08-08-2016 at 04:29 PM.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    9 second 2jz S13 Silvia!

Trying to defend Toma

I'm not lying. He deleted posts that met forum rules but didn't match his own point of view, essentially censoring other members using a privilege he should not have had. Now is deleting the same as editing? Semantics , they both show lack of character and share a similar intent. Ironic since he spent the vast majority of his time here criticizing Harper for the same, but rampant hypocrisy never really mattered to Toma.

Now you're lying, Toma was not banned for being annoying, nobody here has ever been banned for being annoying. Toma pushed way past the limits in terms of conduct, in that regard the comparison to InRich is accurate. Time to take your "rose coloured" glasses off, Toma had a complete online meltdown and lost the plot entirely.

Now let's move on, shall we?
    More lies. Unless you feel derailing a thread with pictures of entrees is a "a different points of view", and deleting pictures of steaks in a political topc is "censorship'.

All posts he "delete post, replace with rules" were obvious violations of forum rules. And there were very few.

I'm sure if you could, you would be frantically searching for examples to the contrary.
    Last edited by Silviawannab; 08-08-2016 at 04:47 PM.
    Sponsored by EBAY parts

More lies. Unless you feel derailing a thread with pictures of entrees is a "a differen points of view", and deleting pictures of steaks is "censorship'.
    User ratings were given back by Rage indicating the posts were valid in the first place, so yes Toma abusing his unknown privilege was censorship. I see the hypocrisy is lost on you as well, can't say I'm surprised.

Listen it doesn't matter, who gives a shit? I'm sure his life is far better without Beyond. I have no doubt he'll be back at some point. Until then I'll enjoy reading a lot more threads.

I'm sure if you could, you would be frantically searching for examples to the contrary.
    Nope, don't care, not worth the time. I didn't ban him, I thought his behaviour was inappropriate and obviously a Mod did as well.
    Last edited by rx7_turbo2; 08-08-2016 at 05:09 PM.
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    9 second 2jz S13 Silvia!

Listen it doesn't matter, who gives a shit?
    You guys, because you still feel you need to bring him up, and tell lies and slander him.

No on topic discussion was removed by him. Unless it was racist, off topic, over the top personal insults, there is no way he would remove it. Only very clear, and habitual abuse of rules was removed, and he estimates maybe 10 in 10 years.

Your constant attempt to smear him over it is a clear example of your character, not his.
    Last edited by Silviawannab; 08-08-2016 at 05:03 PM.
    Sponsored by EBAY parts

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

See there you are confused again. Because it was Toma who was the one running around spreading lies and slander.

Man with you posting its almost like having him back again.

Wait...
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

FFS Toms-sc brought him up. I took exception with the idea that the banning of Toma was some type of injustice and an example of how this forum silences those who disagree with the majority.

Arash, InRich, Toma. In my opinion they all stepped over the line, a Mod must have agreed and a ban handed out, something I had nothing to do with. Fact of the matter is Toma got away with things no other user has before or since. I do love the idea Toma was banned for being "annoying" could you imagine if that's all it took to get banned? That statement alone gave me a good chuckle

Ok that's it on that topic lets get back on track
    Last edited by rx7_turbo2; 08-08-2016 at 05:11 PM.
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Originally posted by zhao

IMO organized and mass religion as a rule is not tolerant, and it's positive teachings are often ignored in favor of all the negative aspects.
    Yep, nailed it.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast