Quantcast
Another machete attack Germany 07/24/2016 - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Another machete attack Germany 07/24/2016

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

And there it is, the thread ender. That's now the second thread you've done this in.
    Godwin's law does not claim to articulate a fallacy; it is instead framed as a memetic tool to reduce the incidence of inappropriate hyperbolic comparisons. "Although deliberately framed as if it were a law of nature or of mathematics, its purpose has always been rhetorical and pedagogical: I wanted folks who glibly compared someone else to Hitler or to Nazis to think a bit harder about the Holocaust", Godwin has written.[12] In December 2015, Godwin commented on the Nazi and fascist comparisons being made by several articles on Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, saying that "If you're thoughtful about it and show some real awareness of history, go ahead and refer to Hitler or Nazis when you talk about Trump. Or any other politician."[13]
    wiki

The odiousness of the distorted Godwin’s Law
    http://www.salon.com/2010/07/01/godwin/

Originally posted by BigMass
    If you're thoughtful about it and show some real awareness of history, go ahead and refer to Hitler or Nazis when you talk about Trump. Or any other politician."[13]
    wiki
    You weren't referring to Trump or any other politician, you were referring to a Beyond poster and their attitudes, and it was neither thoughtful nor showed an awerness of history.
    I'm sure as shit not going to debate someone with the same type of attitudes the Nazis had against Jews
    So..........
    Last edited by rx7_turbo2; 07-30-2016 at 09:14 PM.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

You weren't referring to Trump or any other politician, you were referring to a Beyond poster and their attitudes, and it was neither thoughtful nor showed an awerness of history.

So..........
    k

k
    You have good debates with people here, I enjoy reading them sometimes, but when it comes to Trump or someone who supports him you go right to the Hitler/Nazi comments far to easily. It doesn't take any intelligence to do that. You're better than that type of argument.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Originally posted by max_boost

I find myself aligning with inrich these days lol

Still undecided voter though
    Thats cause generally. your a pretty smart person.

you vote anything other then PC. I'm never ordering my Chinese from you again! just joking. I'd probably still order. But you pay!!!

Originally posted by InRich
    Seriously? YOU'RE really struggling with this concept.
    Last edited by rx7_turbo2; 08-01-2016 at 08:09 AM.
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

you vote anything other then PC. I'm never ordering my Chinese from you again! just joking. I'd probably still order. But you pay!!!
    Sam could vote for Satan and I'd still order his food.

You have good debates with people here, I enjoy reading them sometimes, but when it comes to Trump or someone who supports him you go right to the Hitler/Nazi comments far to easily. It doesn't take any intelligence to do that. You're better than that type of argument.
    And often overlooking the stark comparison that ISIS's views align much more closely with Nazi's with respect to Genocide with today's "Jews" being the Western world.

Only difference is at least in the 1930's/40's Churchhill called Hitler a monster, FDR called Nazism a menace - but I bet if Churchill & FDR were around today those would be trigger words and they'd be called bigots, small minded, racist (towards Germans/Nazis) and how we should respect their beliefs & the culture, and that's it's not REALLY a genocide.

Originally posted by A790

Sam could vote for Satan and I'd still order his food.
    I clearly need to go to Sam's restaurant
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Godwin's law does not claim to articulate a fallacy; it is instead framed as a memetic tool to reduce the incidence of inappropriate hyperbolic comparisons. "Although deliberately framed as if it were a law of nature or of mathematics, its purpose has always been rhetorical and pedagogical: I wanted folks who glibly compared someone else to Hitler or to Nazis to think a bit harder about the Holocaust", Godwin has written.[12] In December 2015, Godwin commented on the Nazi and fascist comparisons being made by several articles on Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, saying that "If you're thoughtful about it and show some real awareness of history, go ahead and refer to Hitler or Nazis when you talk about Trump. Or any other politician."[13]
    wiki

The odiousness of the distorted Godwin’s Law
    http://www.salon.com/2010/07/01/godwin/

k
    But since it's on this topic, lets take a look at how that crazy bastard even got to where he did:

Ultracrepidarian

[QUOTE]Originally posted by msommers
    [B] But since it's on this topic, lets take a look at how that crazy bastard even got to where he did:

Are suggesting a similarity between genocide via propaganda, and people's concerns over a Sharia law based influx?

If so, what the?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Seth1968
    [B]
    Originally posted by msommers
    But since it's on this topic, lets take a look at how that crazy bastard even got to where he did:

Are suggesting a similarity between genocide via propaganda, and people's concerns over a Sharia law based influx?

If so, what the?
    I don't understand what you mean "genocide via propaganda" so I can't even respond.
    Ultracrepidarian

What type of argument are you trying to have, the type where you deliberately scan his comments for the words Hitler/Nazi, so you can invoke "Godwins Law?" That's the online equivalent of waving your hands and yelling, "Hey everyone, look at me, I know about Godwin's Law!" True, it doesn't take much intelligence to use Hitler/Nazi comparisons, but it does take intelligence to use them aptly, which he did. But it's tough to have a discussion when someone is out to strictly make a "gotcha post!" at all costs, instead of having a productive discussion.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    ^ Life pro tip: If you want to be taken seriously, start by using the same account to post and reply to people.
    Who else is Zhao?
    Ultracrepidarian

I don't understand what you mean "genocide via propaganda" so I can't even respond.
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but this thread is mainly a debate between those that warn about the possibility and danger of global Sharia law, and those that are in opposition to such. Your arguments suggest that you maintain the latter position.

You then made your Hitler post, claiming that it's on topic, and we should look at how he got into power.

Well, Hitler got into power by using propaganda and fear to warrant genocide. It's what your opposition in this thread is trying to point out in regards to self righteous ideology / religion.

So, what was the point of your "Bastard" Hitler reference?
    Last edited by Seth1968; 08-02-2016 at 09:44 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Seth1968

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but this thread is mainly a debate between those that warn about the possibility and danger of global Sharia law, and those that are in opposition to such. Your arguments suggest that you maintain the latter position.

You then made you're Hitler post, claiming that's it's on topic, and we should look at how he got into power.

Well, Hitler got into power by using propaganda and fear to warrant genocide...

So, what was the point of your "Bastard" Hitler reference?
    The latest that this thread has transformed into mentioned Trump and Hitler, so it seemed reasonable to keep that going, despite whatever online rule there seems to be about winning or losing a thread. Historians much smarter than me have recently suggested comparing Hitler's rise to power similar to Trump's. So yeah, seeing how that happened might help others to develop their own ideas on the matter.

Two sides of that comparison:

http://www.businessinsider.com/harva...-hitler-2016-2

http://www.dw.com/en/historian-compa...ion/a-19099784

It's what your opposition in this thread is trying to point out in regards to self righteous ideology / religion.
    If my opposition in this thread are "those that warn about the possibility and danger of global Sharia law", are you then suggesting Islam is liken to Nazi ideology?

I really hope it's my lack of coffee this morning that has me mixed up.
    Ultracrepidarian

If my opposition in this thread are those that warn about the possibility and danger of global Sharia law, are you then suggesting Islam is liken to Nazi ideology?

Despite the nuance of ignorance, I suggest that all actions should be based in empirical evidence, and most certainly not in killing kids for the rain to come.

Do I have to get more kindergarten than that?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Seth1968

Despite the nuance of ignorance, I suggest that all actions should be based in empirical evidence, and most certainly not in killing kids for the rain to come.

Do I have to get more kindergarten than that?
    Ok that doesn't answer my question in any form but anyways...

In your opinion, what actions need to be taken based on what numbers or empirical evidence?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

08/02/16
    a gang of Muslim migrants in Paris allegedly ambushed and burned down a passenger bus in the Saint-Denis district around 1 AM

This is what Europe's becoming... and I'll say it again. These people aren't civilized enough to live in normal western cultures. They've lived in mud huts for the past 3000 years. and they'll continue to do so forever. buncha fucking rats.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=35b_1470187409

My Ride
    G6

These people aren't civilized enough to live in normal western cultures. They've lived in mud huts for the past 3000 years. and they'll continue to do so forever. buncha fucking rats.
    Below is a picture of Damascus, which I doubt you know is the capital of former Syria. Find the mud hut.

Maybe for Christmas Santa will bring you a picture book of the world... or at least an atlas so you can see that Syria's not in Africa.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

If you actually looks at a lot of those places, they would be classified as "decrepit" in western society. Who is the racist now, are you saying they can't build big mud huts??!

Hell, half of them look bombed out.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast