Quantcast
The Virtual Reality Thread - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3
Results 41 to 53 of 53

Thread: The Virtual Reality Thread

  1. #41
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary,AB
    My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX
    Posts
    938
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I have the quest 1. The games are pretty sweet, if your into porn that’s pretty awesome too.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile
    Posts
    2,216
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    My Quest 2 just arrived. So exciting.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile
    Posts
    2,216
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have the quest 1. The games are pretty sweet, if your into porn that’s pretty awesome too.
    Please elaborate on one of the points. ELI5.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary,AB
    My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX
    Posts
    938
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please elaborate on one of the points. ELI5.
    Can anything you say be taken seriously.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Medicine Hat
    My Ride
    GMC Exotics
    Posts
    972
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can anything you say be taken seriously.
    You'd be a fool not to.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1991 GMC C1500 350
    1981 GMC C1500 454

  6. #46
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary,AB
    My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX
    Posts
    938
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please elaborate on one of the points. ELI5.
    which point the games or the porn?
    Last edited by nzwasp; 10-23-2020 at 09:22 AM.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile
    Posts
    2,216
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    which point the games or the porn?
    I am only interested in games, but let's do both just in case.


    First thoughts on the Quest 2: love the wireless. PD distance isn't perfect. Resolution a bit disappointing but I don't have anything to cross reference with other than this kinky thing they did at the science center.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    8,835
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quest 2 love, good porn name.
    Silly people focus on the math.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary,AB
    My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX
    Posts
    938
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    For Quest Games: Beat Saber and Superhot are must haves. I also have the climb and I think its pretty sweet.
    For fitness: Fit VR is pretty good and Thrill of the fight (both boxing related.
    If you want to mod beatsaber and other things then install sidequest on your PC.

    For porn: SLR is good but costs $$. Im sure there are free VR porn websites out there, there are also VR cam girls if you are into that sort of thing. Dont waste your time with Pornhub VR.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am only interested in games, but let's do both just in case.


    First thoughts on the Quest 2: love the wireless. PD distance isn't perfect. Resolution a bit disappointing but I don't have anything to cross reference with other than this kinky thing they did at the science center.
    I think the resolution depends on what you are using it for. For instance I was playing Starwars Squadrons in VR last night and the graphics were great however if any game gave me motion sickness that one I felt it for sure. I dont like the games that have poor graphics though, I found that with arizona sunshine, I havent tried many games on Steam VR so I dont know how awesome it can get, however I dislike the oculus link cable as the headset (atleast for Q1) doesnt have any sort of place to route the cable.
    Last edited by nzwasp; 11-07-2020 at 02:30 PM.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    X5-35i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab
    Posts
    719
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Been using the Quest 2 for a couple of months now (or whenever they came out). My impressions so far:

    - Headband is uncomfortable and hard to switch between users (when my wife wanted to try it). Ordered an el-cheapo adjustable one from Ali Express so will see if that helps.
    - Maybe I have a big head but can't get the headset to fit fully around my face. It doesn't touch my nose and fully rests on my cheeks. I can still see the floors with headset on.
    - Maybe it's due to the adjustment issues above, I can't quite seem to get the lens setup right. I can always see the 'ring reflection' from the lens and as soon as the headset move a little the focus is off and things get a little blurry.
    - In some of the social apps you can move around by either point to where you want to move and teleport there or just move around like in a video game. I tried the latter and instantly got motion sickness big time...maybe it's just something I need to get used to.

    Beside the above, the headset been great! The novelty of 360 videos wore out fast, but been having fun with the following:

    - Beat saber is fun and my wife loves it. Being able to cast it to the TV via chromecast been good and made it a more engaging experience for everyone.
    - Thrill of the fight is pretty good and actually get a good workout from it. However my basement appears to be a little too tight for it.
    - Bought Virtual Desktop but not really useful since typing on it is difficult and hard to navigate. Bought a bunch of VR and PCVR games via the Humble bundle, but haven't tried to play any of the games yet via virtual desktop
    - I've been watching Netflix in it while wife hogs the TV for Animal Crossing and it's been great.
    - Wife been enjoying the social app "Venue" to chat with random people, who are in most parts really nice and not creepy.
    - For the past 2 weeks i've been REALLY into Pokerstar VR. The interaction is great and at the higher stake people actually takes the game seriously. It feels almost like playing poker in real life. Been playing it every night for the past few weeks.

    Overall been a good purchase and I'm surprised I'm still using it almost every day.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Airdrie
    My Ride
    6.2 / 690
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Pretty annoyed with Oculus... The headset worked fine for a cpl years then out of no where it doesn't recognize it being plugged into the HDMI, tried on multiple computers. Of course customer support has me running through hoops trying to describe the issue, funny enough they don't even supply the headset cords (which I think is the issue) well apparently the hdmi+usb connector they use it proprietary so I can't even order one from a 3rd party vendor. What a crock of shyte

  12. #52
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile
    Posts
    2,216
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    @RX_EVOLV I purchased this strap and found it to be quite comfy. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Blackfalds aka north RD, AB
    My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck
    Posts
    1,087
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I ended up getting the Index. Got it yesterday.

    Holy fuck. This shit is crazy. I've been playing flight sim and once I got the settings worked out for a smoother frame rate, it really blows me away. There is soooo much more depth to the flight decks.

    I'm still doing some testing with the settings. There is definitely a slight screen door effect and the comfort is a little 'meh'... but this thing is a game changer. Really excited for what's to come in the future of VR now.

    I also got TWD: Saints & Sinners to kill zombies. Has controller support for a ton of immersion. Damn, this is cool.

    Flying fast prop planes in flight sim and doing aerobatics gets me feeling a little queasy.
    I'm just a regular Joe, with a regular job
    I'm your average white suburbanite slob

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. Virtual Reality. Cheaper than you think.

    By C_Dave45 in forum Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 01-31-2016, 12:23 PM
  2. Virtual Reality Porn Headsets - Reactions

    By msommers in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 01-28-2015, 01:50 AM
  3. Virtual Reality: Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo

    By rage2 in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 11-19-2013, 06:41 PM
  4. Virtual reality Helmet, Real or not?

    By old&slow in forum Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 03-05-2009, 03:33 PM
  5. Virtual reality Dragrace... in your own car

    By calstar in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 6
    Latest Threads: 07-28-2006, 09:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •