Quantcast
Trump or Clinton? - Page 21 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?

Voters
398. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clinton

186 46.73%
  • Trump

212 53.27%
Page 21 of 79 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump or Clinton?

What was terrible about Hillary's track record as Senator?

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

An all around terrible debate, from NBC to both the candidates. Hillary won, but by winning that means playing her recited script perfectly with very little push back from Trump. Trump had golden opportunities to rebuttal and turn around almost everything Clinton said. Furthermore, he played right into some of her emotional appeals and didn't do much to dispel many of the general negative sentiments towards him.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by FixedGear
    Wow Trump took a beating in this one, I'm sure his poll ratings will slide after this
    Originally posted by BigMass
    agreed he took a beating. At least in the eyes of intellectuals.
    The problem is, catering to intellectuals won't win you an election. Sure Hilary has all of Silicon Valley, Late Night TV, John Oliver, and CNN on her side, and if you watch the debates, TV shows and tech forums from an intellectual's perspective, it's a landslide victory. Unfortunately, intellectuals only make up a small portion of the voting public.

Watch the debate from an average American's POV where the votes count and you see Hilary babbling on like a politician, grinning the entire time like she's better than you, and trying to bully someone with no political experience. They relate to trump and see him as themselves, they see him being emotional and angry, which is how they feel towards the country. Trump has done a great job at catering to the average American even though he is far from being one.

The majority of overnight polls do show Trump winning the debate. Not scientific, but it's a small data point this early on post debate.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

If anybody is going to take unscientific polls from The likes of Breitbart and Drudge as any sort of evidence that Trump did anything other than get smacked around like a rag doll it would be Trump supporters.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

I feel like Trump will take the election because he's different than the same old politicians that have been running the show forever. People seem to be voting for different lately, even if different isn't a good choice on it's own merit.

What I REALLY find amusing is the handful of people of Facebook that were just wound right up last night. If you're here, you can't vote, so don't get your blood pressure up over it.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by kertejud2
    If anybody is going to take unscientific polls from The likes of Breitbart and Drudge as any sort of evidence that Trump did anything other than get smacked around like a rag doll it would be Trump supporters.
    How about CNBC?

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/26/vote-...al-debate.html

Or Time?

http://time.com/4506217/presidential...-trump-survey/

I know it's hard to get off your pedestal and take a look from an average American's viewpoint.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ute

The most fun thing about this election is seeing the self-proclaimed anti-Trump intelligentsia drive themselves nuts watching Trump's poll numbers go up.

It's mystifying to them, and they refuse to look under the hood.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Buster
    The most fun thing about this election is seeing the self-proclaimed anti-Trump intelligentsia drive themselves nuts watching Trump's poll numbers go up.

It's mystifying to them, and they refuse to look under the hood.
    Yup. I don't support either candidate, but now I do want to see a Trump win so that this reality show can go on for 4 more years.

Pretty much right now, online polls all have Trump winning the debate. Offline polls where they sample 1000 or so people have Clinton winning. Who the fuck knows what's really more accurate, but I love seeing facebook fall apart over it.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by rage2

I know it's hard to get off your pedestal and take a look from an average American's viewpoint.
    He's smrt and edumacated, give him and FixedGear a break dude.

Clearly they know more than the lowly masses, and there is no way they are biased.

How raw must kert, fixed, and big be from dry humping Hillary so hard?

Originally posted by NDP voter

How raw must kert, fixed, and big be from dry humping Hillary so hard?
    Nothing dry when Hillary and Slick Willy are involved.

My Ride
    ute

Yup. I don't support either candidate, but now I do want to see a Trump win so that this reality show can go on for 4 more years.

Pretty much right now, online polls all have Trump winning the debate. Offline polls where they sample 1000 or so people have Clinton winning. Who the fuck knows what's really more accurate, but I love seeing facebook fall apart over it.
    I don't endorse either.

But there are some factors I take into consideration:

1. Trump would likely greenlight keystone, so he could, maybe, possibly, have a positive impact on Calgary's economy.

2. All of the insufferable self-righteous people on my FB feed (I'm sure you know the type), all HATE Trump. So him winning would be hilarious.

3. He would be so much more entertaining in office.

Always hilarious to watch the "I don't support either candidate but here's why I support this candidate" crowd get into action.

Grow a backbone for crying out loud.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If anyone wants to look at unbiased polling an trend analysis, it's not hard to find. There's a reason I keep mentioning fivethirtyeight. Those guys have clear and consistent methodology, and explain it pretty well.

Of course, I can see from this thread that it's more popular to cherry-pick data that agrees with our pre-existing biases.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The opposite of the cold methodology of the fivethirtyeight crew is the purely entertaining analysis of Scott Adams. My favourite quote from his summary of the debates:

"By tomorrow, no one will remember what either of them said during the debate. But we will remember how they made us feel.

Clinton won the debate last night. And while she was doing it, Trump won the election. He had one thing to accomplish – being less scary – and he did it."

We will know the effect this debate is having my the weekend. I look forward to both the statistical science from fivethirtyeight and the unqualified observations from Scott over that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

the same polls that had Ron Paul winning the election in 2008 lol. Not hard to rally a bunch of idiots to vote in online polls. I'm sure 4chan, Infowars and Stormfront all came out in force for these "polls"

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by kertejud2
    Always hilarious to watch the "I don't support either candidate but here's why I support this candidate" crowd get into action.

Grow a backbone for crying out loud.
    It's even more hilarious watching your reactions to this. End of the day does it even matter to either of us? We're Canadians, we don't have a say at all.

My Ride
    This and that.

How any poll has Trump winning the debate is absolutely bonkers. He was a complete buffoon most of the times. He wasn't answering what was being asked, kept skipping and avoiding the issues. Pointing fingers at Clinton about every question that was being asked. Speaks from the heart, yes, but that is downright scary in this case considering what comes from his heart is fucking ridiculous.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 09-27-2016 at 11:21 AM.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

There should be a third option to reject both candidates.

My Ride
    0.8 L of Diesel fury

Most people vote along party lines so I don't see the debates having great effect. Maybe for the undecided voter - and I would think the undecided voter is somewhere between the fanatic rednecks / extreme right wingers and the intelligentsia. Hopefully people who care about facts and people who would not be willing to vote for a serial liar.

Page 21 of 79 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast