Quantcast
Trump or Clinton? - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?

Voters
398. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clinton

186 46.73%
  • Trump

212 53.27%
Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump or Clinton?

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by rage2
    People aren't crazy, they're just sick of the status quo. It's refreshing to them to see someone tell it like it is. I don't think the majority of Trump supporters actually believes he's going to do all that crazy shit. In reality, he CAN'T do all that crazy shit like build a wall and invoice Mexico lol. The Trumps campaign pretty much is a combination of NDP and Nenshi campaign but at a larger scale, when he wins, none of the promises will be met, just like every other political group or politician ever voted into office.
    This is where I feel like the party voting system actually does a disservice to democracy. When the sole reason someone is voting for a particular candidate is because of party affiliation, that person is no longer voting for someone they feel best qualified for the position, they're voting because their tie is the same colour as theirs (red or blue).

That's been the underlying current during these national conventions, though I think it's been more notable during the RNC because of the polarizing nature of Trump. Republicans are voting for Trump not because they think he's actually qualified for the job (because I think it's fairly obvious his experience doesn't hold a candle to Clinton's), but because he's the Republican nominee - that's all the qualification they need.

My wish is that people when the polls open in November, people will be able to take an objective look at both candidates and ask themselves "who has the governing experience and the leadership qualifications to lead the World's biggest military, one of the World's most influential cultures and one of the most populous countries on Earth?"

But that's probably too naive.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by BigMass

that's your opinion. IMO the speech was amazing and the crowd was electric. Your version of reality is delusional.
    At the end of Hillary's speech, tons of people just stood there with monotone faces or forced smiles. It was incredibly awkward with the music playing and Hillary waving to people while the cameras would flip back to the audience with those faces. Compare it with Obama the other day and it was a night and day difference really. If I find the YouTube of it, I would show it. I'm not a Trump supporter, I support neither.

You feel that a completely qualified and intelligent individual is the same as someone that thinks China invented climate change to conspire against the United States. HELLO? Is that ok with you? This man is seriously a child.
    Eh? Where did I say that? I didn't say they were the same whatsoever. I just said the choices available are terrible. As an example, guaranteed if it was Obama running again he would win in a landslide.

Originally posted by 01RedDX

Uh... are you watching the same thing we're watching? I see people weeping with joy as I type this.
    Haha, I must have been. I mostly was referring to the end of the program. Again, hopefully someone uploads to YouTube of it later.

Originally posted by oster
    Uhhhh she was robotic, dreadful and uninspiring as a speaker.
    This. Truly uninspiring and robotic.

Edit:
    Youtube @ 58:40 onward
    https://youtu.be/pnXiy4D_I8g?t=58m40s
    Last edited by Disoblige; 07-29-2016 at 08:29 AM.

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    ... unless you're black, muslim, LGBTQ or a woman.
    What?

How was my statement incorrect? If under Obama's presidency your life was pretty good you probably vote for the status quo in Hillary. If not, you're probably more likely to vote Trump.

Unless you're suggesting life as an African American, Muslim, LGBTQ or women under Obama's rule wasn't good? If you do feel that way and are suggesting everyday life will improve for these groups under a Hillary presidency you're delusional.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

Originally posted by oster
    Uhhhh she was robotic, dreadful and uninspiring as a speaker.
    The same can be said any time Hillary opens her trap.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    This is where I feel like the party voting system actually does a disservice to democracy. When the sole reason someone is voting for a particular candidate is because of party affiliation, that person is no longer voting for someone they feel best qualified for the position, they're voting because their tie is the same colour as theirs (red or blue).

That's been the underlying current during these national conventions, though I think it's been more notable during the RNC because of the polarizing nature of Trump. Republicans are voting for Trump not because they think he's actually qualified for the job (because I think it's fairly obvious his experience doesn't hold a candle to Clinton's), but because he's the Republican nominee - that's all the qualification they need.

My wish is that people when the polls open in November, people will be able to take an objective look at both candidates and ask themselves "who has the governing experience and the leadership qualifications to lead the World's biggest military, one of the World's most influential cultures and one of the most populous countries on Earth?"

But that's probably too naive.
    That wasn't my point for status quo. Any election you're going to have republicans voting for the republican candidate regardless, and vice versa with the other parties. What I meant was voters who doesn't give a shit about party affiliations voting for trump because they're tired of politicians running the show. That's why and how he's gonna win it all IMO.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

The most cringeworthy moment of last night was that weird hug Hillary gave Chelsea. It looked liked she'd been practising how to hug like a human but just couldn't get it right when it really counted. I'm sure her how to hug coach was back stage saying "Shit she was crushing it in practice, she just choked under the pressure"
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Toma the homophobe?

The best part was Bill playing with balloons

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/...he-balloon-guy
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 02:38 PM.

it's still early but now that both conventions are over and both sides got their "post-convention bump", looking like clinton is still ahead:
    http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...ex_cid=rrpromo

this guy Nate Silver has accurately predicted the last two elections - 49/50 states correct in 2008, 50/50 in 2012.

The scariest thing about a Trump presidency is that he will be appointing 1-4 supreme court justices during the term. Imagine up to 4 people that Trump/Pence appointed in there until they die. It could set social issues back 20 years... no abortions, no LGBT rights, etc.

It's one thing to have to deal with a whacko president for 4 years that has congress to keep him in check, but the SCOTUS judges are going to be around much longer.

My Ride
    ute

Originally posted by sabad66
    The scariest thing about a Trump presidency is that he will be appointing 1-4 supreme court justices during the term. Imagine up to 4 people that Trump/Pence appointed in there until they die. It could set social issues back 20 years... no abortions, no LGBT rights, etc.

It's one thing to have to deal with a whacko president for 4 years that has congress to keep him in check, but the SCOTUS judges are going to be around much longer.
    Of all of the anti-trump rhetoric, and fear mongering and general gnashing of teeth.....this point here is the single biggest concern people should have abot Trumps presidency.

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

What?

How was my statement incorrect? If under Obama's presidency your life was pretty good you probably vote for the status quo in Hillary. If not, you're probably more likely to vote Trump.

Unless you're suggesting life as an African American, Muslim, LGBTQ or women under Obama's rule wasn't good? If you do feel that way and are suggesting everyday life will improve for these groups under a Hillary presidency you're delusional.
    He's suggesting that even if things aren't going great for those groups under Obama (shitty jobs, bad economy), it's still better than having a Republican in office, because maybe (big maybe) the economics will improve, but for sure those groups will have rights taken away, or at least the Republicans will do everything in their power to try.

Originally posted by Buster

Of all of the anti-trump rhetoric, and fear mongering and general gnashing of teeth.....this point here is the single biggest concern people should have abot Trumps presidency.
    Phew thank God there's nine judges.

Thanks Obama.

Don't be silly. The NSA and the CIA killed him on behest of Putin.

I wonder how many Muslim lurkers are on this forum that are scared to speak up due to the rise of the racist rhetoric that Trump has recently made fashionable and acceptable. Racism is back in vogue people! yay (sarcasm big time)

I wonder how many Muslim lurkers are on this forum that are scared to speak up due to the rise of the racist rhetoric that Trump has recently made fashionable and acceptable.
    I'm gonna go with none.

Are there Muslim lurkers on Beyond? Sure. Are there more because of Trump? I highly doubt it. I know you've got a major hate on for Trump but you're just being silly at this point.
    Toma the homophobe?

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

I'm gonna go with none.

Are there Muslim lurkers on Beyond? Sure. Are there more because of Trump? I highly doubt it. I know you've got a major hate on for Trump but you're just being silly at this point.
    I think a lot of voices remain silent when people see the attitudes being demonstrated. Including LGBT, Muslims, feminists and other minority groups currently facing massive discrimination in certain popular social media circles.

And BTW since we are in the Clinton or Trump thread

Doug Elmets, former spokesman and speechwriter for President Ronald Reagan said

"Reagan saw nuance, Trump sees the world as us vs. them, where somebody with brown skin or a foreign-sounding name is likely to blame for our troubles. Reagan knew that a leader needs diplomacy to steer a safe, prosperous course forward. Trump is a petulant, dangerously unbalanced reality star who will coddle tyrants and alienate allies."

Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast