Quantcast
Trump or Clinton? - Page 70 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?

Voters
398. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clinton

186 46.73%
  • Trump

212 53.27%
Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ... 60 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1563

Thread: Trump or Clinton?

Just watched the after-interview, Trump sure knows how to kiss ass.

Originally posted by killramos
    Was reading that Trump is already denying the media their traditional access to the president-elect, taking his own jet to Washington today and baring them from his motorcade to the white house.

Serves them right.
    Awe poor guy, are his feelings hurt?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 01:45 PM.

In addition to renegotiating trade treaties, he will probably end up ripping up the Paris and Kyoto climate agreements.

Which I guess is good for carbons? or maybe just coal?
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

Originally posted by M.alex
    Alberta should just join the US now and give a big f*k you to the rest of Canada

Trump's first 100 day plan:
    http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451...first-100-days

* FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

Our plan - let's tax the piss out of our best resources
    Makes me wonder when Albertans will join together to end our continued rape.

The only solutions I can see are separation, separate and become a US state, or provincial direct democracy.
    Last edited by Seth1968; 11-10-2016 at 12:44 PM.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Economically, I don't think Trump would be awful for the US.

Socially, I think Trump (with the power of the House and Senate doing most of the leg work) will take progress back a few decades.

Foreign policies are where he'll be checked and balanced by his own party members, who have more knowledge of the intricacies than he does (and hopefully he listens to them).

My 2 cents, anyways.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by ZenOps

Yes, but with automation and elimination of human effort for meaningful production also comes ambiguity. Meaning, it really doesn't matter where that automated factory is physically located in the world or what nations flag is branded on top of it. What becomes more important is access to cheap energy to keep that plant running at maximum efficiency.

That would explain heavy re-investment in coal. But if Trump wants to do it that way, its going to take an very long time to get up and running. You would then have to build more coal burning plants before you could even think about an actual end-goods factory.

Also: Based on what I see, people don't want as many finished washers and dryers nowadays, they want to catch Pokémon - which is the new economy and really only decreases pressure on energy and hard goods production. They don't want 10 ton trucks with pumped up tires, they seem to want cellphones that do more tricks and weighs an ounce less every other year. This kind of also explains the gap between coastal cities like New York and LA, where the cellphone is by far the most important material good they own, and the central states - where they still like their pumped up trucks (but may soon want the cellphone instead)

Give the people what they want, don't force them to build thing they don't. The US built 40,000 nukes over a period of seventy years, they used none of them... If the US had simply limited their nuke production to 200 nukes, we would have had cellphones at about the time the black and white TV turned color and two trucks in every driveway.

My personal observation: I used to use 500 kilowatthours a month, but have since moved to LED lighting and a new computer, now I use 400 kilowatthours. It does not matter that electricity is dropping below 4 cents per kwh (mostly coal produced electricity) I will probably consume less and less electricity as time moves forward.
    A lot of what you say is just flat out wrong, and you completely lost me when you said if we limited nuke production we'd have cell phone at the time the black and white tv turned color.

When do you think color tv came out? When do you think cell phones were invented?

Why do you think nuke production would have any affect on the development of those two things?

Btw color tv was a thing in the early 50s, tv shows were broadcast in color well before the 60s. Barely any nukes were made in the 50s.

Do you have a crazy uncle? Because now you do.

No more Muslim ban?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-m...oval-1.3845491

Trannies can use whatever bathroom?

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...=fb-share&_r=1

Fuck I want my Hitlers to act like Hitler! Where are the coal-powered ovens?!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by suntan
    No more Muslim ban?

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...share&_r=1

Like I said, Trump played the politics game brilliantly. Anyone that took him literally and thought he was going to do all this crazy shit is just as crazy as the shit he was saying.

Banning all Muslims? That'll be a little bit difficult. But don't be surprised if he's OK with vetting out Muslims a little more carefully and receptive to racial profiling.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2
    But don't be surprised if he's OK with vetting out Muslims a little more carefully and receptive to racial profiling.
    Just like Trudeau only allowing in families from Syria and no single men?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by suntan
    No more Muslim ban?

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...share&_r=1

I have a feeling we will just get another Obama, all talks to get into the white house and nothing really changes.

But just hated the way how Trump got in even if that's a brilliant tactic on riding white anger.

And the problem is that this is the example we set for generation to come? Who knows, may be he is another Reagan.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Moving along little people, your lives still suck.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by sputnik

Just like Trudeau only allowing in families from Syria and no single men?
    Both your statement and Rage's I have no trouble with.

The fact is that the majority of these attacks DO come from Muslims. We would be foolish not to realize and act on this just because we feel obligated to be PC.

It isn't racism. It is reality. Racism is saying that these people can't come at all because they are Muslim. Or, worse yet, saying Muslims need to get out entirely. (Which was what Trump implied, prior to softening his stance)

The real Trump, minus the attacks from crooked Hillary

Great video.

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump...6200712637398/

Sam Harris just released his post election podcast. Just listening to it now. Everyone should at least listen to it whether you generally agree with Sam or not.

Originally posted by zhao

A lot of what you say is just flat out wrong, and you completely lost me when you said if we limited nuke production we'd have cell phone at the time the black and white tv turned color.

When do you think color tv came out? When do you think cell phones were invented?

Why do you think nuke production would have any affect on the development of those two things?

Btw color tv was a thing in the early 50s, tv shows were broadcast in color well before the 60s. Barely any nukes were made in the 50s.
    This is exactly my point. The first nuke is always the most expensive nuke to make. Just like the first computer chips costed an insane amount of money. If they had simply shifted their priority away from nuke building we probably would have enjoyed most of todays computer and communications technology 30, maybe even 50 years ago. Instead, they spent money on 40,000 nukes and paid 800 soldiers per nuke 24/7 babysitting fees to make sure no one accidentally launched them. Massive waste of money and effort, not a single nuke was ever used after WWII. You literally had rocket scientists babysitting nukes when they could have been researching things that we all enjoy today.

Aruguably the ongoing cost to build, protect and maintain those nukes over several decades is well into the hundred trillion dollar range. Which the US wants the rest of the world to contribute to. What made the US the greatest military power and feared nation in the world has also completely crippled their economy. You can't have it both ways.

If the US wants to scrap NATO because they can't afford to pay their troops to maintain the nukes, I say we leave NATO.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 11-10-2016 at 04:39 PM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

Originally posted by J-hop
    Sam Harris just released his post election podcast. Just listening to it now. Everyone should at least listen to it whether you generally agree with Sam or not.
    An islamaphobe Pundit, talking about another perceived islamaphobe. Could be interesting if the ditz didn't make me want to put a shotgun into mouth Everytime I hear him speak.

Muslim ban back up. Crisis averted.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by J-hop
    I listened to it, thought it was pretty good. He highlights how the left was taking it too far and he is right, the language police BS was spot on.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ... 60 69 70 71 ... LastLast