Quantcast
Foreign home owners in Vancouver just got hit with a whopper! - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9

Thread: Foreign home owners in Vancouver just got hit with a whopper!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by nzwasp
    From what you could tell do they mow their lawns or upkeep their yards?

if not then west van will soon turn into edmonton on that front.
    Yea, white people with trucks come to mow their lawns and work on landscaping. Kinda backwards.

Everything looks nice. Def not Edmonton.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by rage2

Yea, white people with trucks come to mow their lawns and work on landscaping. Kinda backwards.

Everything looks nice. Def not Edmonton.
    Snowboard bums gotta make some summer cash so they can ride that gnar wicked pow brah.

Worst of both worlds lol

Originally posted by rage2
    I rented a house in Kerrisdale this summer and all the neighbors were Chinese. I fit right in, except I had no clue WTF they were all blabbering about because I don't speak mainland.

Yea, Vancouver is totally ruined by the mainlanders. It sucks. Chinese people were never the problem, Richmond existed for so long and it worked well, nobody bitched. Mainlanders are just a whole different story. DGAF attitude and baller as fuck.
    actually Vancouver was not accepting of Chinese way back since the 50's and 60's. At least this was the info I received from my grandparents who first immigrated to Vancouver.

White people moved north of Vancouver to "avoid" the Chinese (mostly from HK).

Now history is repeating itself. Racism is partly the problem. If Europeans were doing this the feedback will be slightly different IMO. Mainland Chinese are hated everywhere (eg. Hong Kong).
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

I blame lack of Chinese investment on Nixon.

Really, Nixon totally screwed up the world. He screwed over China for short term gain back during his presidency, and screwed over the US in the long term.

So goes the saying: You can slaughter the cow now for steaks today, but you sacrifice milk for a lifetime.

Nixon went for the steak. Current and future generations will be paying the price possibly for their working lifetimes. After the year 2000, you can see the detrimental aftereffects of his policies. Hurt China bigtime for a decade immediately, hurt the US after the year 2000.

If you look at the long term picture, Nixon was the best thing that ever happened to China.

Besides, even most Europeans did not bother to invest in North America until about 1820, everyone knew that throwing effort and resources into the US between Colombus finding the US and that date (three centuries) - was basically just throwing money into an endless pit. They actually had to entice people with free land before people would move.

Right now, I would not suggest the US is a good investment either. All they would do is print more money - so that Kanye could get into more debt, so that he can pay more money for models than can't stand up for two hours in perfect weather. I do not want to be around when the rest of black and white America has to pay off Kanyes $53 million debt when he passes away from hookers and blo.

Sudbury = Nickel. California = Silver. Texas and Alberta = oil. The rest is just filler, even to the British Monarchy.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 09-12-2016 at 06:12 AM.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Hybrid

1% vacancy tax for properties that aren't a principal residence; up to $10,000 per day penalty for fraudulent declaration of principal residence/occupancy

http://business.financialpost.com/ne...housing-crisis
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Say I rent my house to some nice people. How do I know if they stay there?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

^^there sounds like there could be some pretty big loop holes the way that was explained.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by lilmira
    Say I rent my house to some nice people. How do I know if they stay there?
    I would assume a secondary declaration with result in random audit of financial transaction to prove that you did rented it out for more than 6 months/yr?
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-10-2016 at 06:59 PM.

You can say there are loopholes, however, are you going to risk being audited with the penalty at 10k per day. You can easily go bankrupt over this penalty. 1 month of penalty is already $300,000. I highly doubt people will push their luck on this penalty. Neighbors will snitch on empty homes easily.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

http://www.news.com.au/world/pacific...add19a268452bc

OVERSEAS buyers will no longer be allowed to purchase existing homes in New Zealand, Prime Minister-elect Jacinda Ardern said, as she unveiled a raft of policy
    deals made with her coalition partners.
    I wonder why Vancouver couldn't do this to stem the tide of their Realestate crisis, maybe it has to be a federal govt move. The Move by the NZ govt allows foreign buyers to still be eligible to buy new houses and condos just nothing existing. It will be interesting to see if it has any effect on their realestate in Auckland where most properties are above 1 million dollars.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder why Vancouver couldn't do this to stem the tide of their Realestate crisis, maybe it has to be a federal govt move. The Move by the NZ govt allows foreign buyers to still be eligible to buy new houses and condos just nothing existing. It will be interesting to see if it has any effect on their realestate in Auckland where most properties are above 1 million dollars.
    Because
    Anti-immigration campaigner Peters, whose support was crucial for Ardern to form a ruling coalition in the 120-seat parliament, said a message has been sent that New Zealand was “no longer for sale”.
    Sounds like this is something an anti-immigrant MP can agree with an anti-poverty MP. And I would guess none of the politicians are in the pocket of real estate developers.

And that 3+% GDP that Liberal is boasting about? 1/2 of that comes from Real Estate sector. It's also why BC is booming. So who the hell want to stop it especially manufacturing and resource sector are all suffering?
    Last edited by Xtrema; 10-25-2017 at 10:15 AM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    . It's also why BC is booming. So who the hell want to stop it especially manufacturing and resource sector are all suffering?
    Part of what governments are SUPPOSED to do is incentivize growth and also slow down local/provincial/national economies that are way too hot or/and way out to lunch. Growth that is too fast is always unsustainable and damaging when considering long term social, environmental and infrastructural concepts.

This is what the PCs failed to do in AB during many occasions and the resulting calamity was obvious when it all came crashing to a halt.

My Ride
    NC1

What about Australia. They accept Chinese money, right lol

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    What about Australia. They accept Chinese money, right lol
    Not many doesn't. Australia added a 4% foreign buyer tax. We are just reliving Japanese buying spree of late 80s and early 90s.

Except the $ is 10x and no end in sight.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9