Quantcast
Causing a Ruckus - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Causing a Ruckus

My Ride
    KTM

Do you have a motorcycle license? I assume previously because you were below 50cc it wasn't a requirement?

My Ride
    Bagged A4, Ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by craigcd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you have a motorcycle license? I assume previously because you were below 50cc it wasn't a requirement?
    I dont have it yet but i will be getting it once the ruckus is swapped. I actually plan on taking the test on the ruckus once its done. People say that you can get away without a license and having it swapped as the 150 and the 49cc look extremely similar in size, but thats not really something i want to risk. Plus I'm going to want to get a big bike eventually anyways.

My Ride
    KTM

I just did a dual sport trip with a handful of buddies and I was the only one with a class 6. Couldn't believe it! Nobody ever pulls over a KLR650 apparently haha.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by Danaldson View Post
    I dont have it yet but i will be getting it once the ruckus is swapped. I actually plan on taking the test on the ruckus once its done. People say that you can get away without a license and having it swapped as the 150 and the 49cc look extremely similar in size, but thats not really something i want to risk. Plus I'm going to want to get a big bike eventually anyways.
    I don't think you could take the test on the Ruckus as its deemed a "scooter by law and I'm not sure if you could change that. If you want your Class 6 go take the test and sign up to rent a bike.

My Ride
    Bagged A4, Ruckus

I just did a dual sport trip with a handful of buddies and I was the only one with a class 6. Couldn't believe it! Nobody ever pulls over a KLR650 apparently haha.
    haha i dont think it surprises me. i bet a lot of people are riding without licences.

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    I don't think you could take the test on the Ruckus as its deemed a "scooter by law and I'm not sure if you could change that. If you want your Class 6 go take the test and sign up to rent a bike.
    I dont see why not. You need a class 6 to ride other scooters that have larger than a 50cc engine. Shouldn't be a problem.

Ruckus is coming together. Build series is up on my youtube channel. More updates to come! Just waiting on my harness so it should be here today or tomorrow!

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by Danaldson View Post
    haha i dont think it surprises me. i bet a lot of people are riding without licences.

I dont see why not. You need a class 6 to ride other scooters that have larger than a 50cc engine. Shouldn't be a problem.
    Does your registration class the Ruckus as a motorcycle? Or Scooter/Moped? Just because you increase the CC of the bike does not make it a motorcycle or valid vehicle for road tests.

By the transportation law you are classified as a LSM (limited speed motorcycle) http://www.transportation.alberta.ca...0_July2011.pdf .. Page 11/12

My Ride
    2002 e46

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    Does your registration class the Ruckus as a motorcycle? Or Scooter/Moped? Just because you increase the CC of the bike does not make it a motorcycle or valid vehicle for road tests.

By the transportation law you are classified as a LSM (limited speed motorcycle) http://www.transportation.alberta.ca...0_July2011.pdf .. Page 11/12
    Firebane is correct. I looked into it when I swapped out to a GY6. Its classified as a moped and a non-highway vehicle. Meaning if your road test took you to deerfoot, you would be SOL.

Sidenote, last week I was pulled over almost every day. Only one officer asked what cc the engine was. Most of them pulled me over because they weren't sure what it was and wanted more information. (The official reason was mostly because of the loud exhaust)

My Ride
    KTM

I think the CC must apply to riders between the age of 14-16 then with a learners permit? I know there was some limitation on 50cc engines. I will look it up and post when I have a chance.....

Sorry to derail thread, on a side note I can wait to hear this thing. When can we expect a video?

My Ride
    Bagged A4, Ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by sk8r3124 View Post
    Firebane is correct. I looked into it when I swapped out to a GY6. Its classified as a moped and a non-highway vehicle. Meaning if your road test took you to deerfoot, you would be SOL.

Sidenote, last week I was pulled over almost every day. Only one officer asked what cc the engine was. Most of them pulled me over because they weren't sure what it was and wanted more information. (The official reason was mostly because of the loud exhaust)
    I think the CC must apply to riders between the age of 14-16 then with a learners permit? I know there was some limitation on 50cc engines. I will look it up and post when I have a chance.....

Sorry to derail thread, on a side note I can wait to hear this thing. When can we expect a video?
    ahh boo then haha. Ooh well, Not too big of a deal. Ill ride the ruckus then until i learn to ride a proper motorbike then take the test.

I just got notification a few minutes ago that my harness and last remaining parts have been delivered. so I'm hoping to have everything wired up tonight and get a startup. Really want to get this thing riding. Stay tuned for a youtube upload soon! hit that subscribe button! Its going to be awesome.

My Ride
    Bagged A4, Ruckus

So the swap is complete! head over to my youtube channel to see the build.

Some pics of the new setup. Pumped to be riding again! this thing is insanely fast compared to the 50cc. Acelleration and off the line, its a huge difference. The top speed currently is 88kph. Extremely happy

My Ride
    V8s

Are my eyes fooling me or is your back wheel not centered with the rest of the scooter?

My Ride
    Bagged A4, Ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Are my eyes fooling me or is your back wheel not centered with the rest of the scooter?
    Just an illusion. the silver bracket on the frame is off centred making it look un even.

My Ride
    V167

Love it!

My Ride
    Ram

saw this thing in person last night. really cool!

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by babyishcare View Post
    Having a Remote Controlled Wheelchair and having Ruckus Von Rowdy the Manikin ride in it on Fremont St. in Las Vegas NV., then security says you guys gotta go and we say no we are not going to leave and then we Heckle them! Security says you are Causing A Ruckus! We say- No No! We Just Advertise for them!A ruckus is the uproar you cause when you noisily protest the new cafeteria menu or a bad call against your favorite team. Cats fighting outside your window in the middle of the night could also cause a ruckus.
    LOL what In all the fucks?!?! on topic this thing is sweet. I wanna ride it haha

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4