Quantcast
2016/2017 Ski and Snowboard Thread - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016/2017 Ski and Snowboard Thread

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

Not RCR they managed to escape... So the parks pretty decent. My only annoyance with it is how easy it is to get into so the top park is filled with gapers falling all over the place.
    Ah thanks! looking forward to it. I think I'll only get a couple park runs in as I'm going with gapers haha.

^ Let me know how it is. Planning on going there on Sunday. Just worried all the sun is going to ice everything up

My Ride
    Lariat

Originally posted by J-hop

Yea I remember me and my buddy would watch the resistance religiously before a boarding weekend. I used to try to emulate JP walker so all my gear is baggy AF haha.

Looks like pipe is closed all day to the public. It's worth it though, some sick skiers there tonight. Amazing to watch them hitting backflips and huge spins.

Yea I actually was just messing around at Nakiska as I was riding with a brand new rider so I had time to play around. Started spinning cab 3s off tiny side hits and it felt so natural. Felt like I could spin 5 if I wanted to but was only hitting tiny little booters so wasn't pushing it very hard.

Going to hit Louise this weekend. They used to have an amazing park, do they still have an ok set up? Someone mentioned Locke was able to hold on a bit so maybe RCR hasn't killed the park fully?

Louise park is really good right now. Main bottom park opened this past Saturday and has a solid 3 jump line. I overshot the first pretty easily, but once you get speed all 3 are good. Looks like the XL line should be open in the next week or 2. I will be riding this saturday, skier with baggy Red coat and grey/black pants and green skis.
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Originally posted by asp integra

Louise park is really good right now. Main bottom park opened this past Saturday and has a solid 3 jump line. I overshot the first pretty easily, but once you get speed all 3 are good. Looks like the XL line should be open in the next week or 2. I will be riding this saturday, skier with baggy Red coat and grey/black pants and green skis.
    Awesome. I'll be wearing gray pants, black jacket with small grey dc symbols all over it and camo goggles. Will yell at you if I see you haha.

I'll also be the guy herding 3 gapers trying to keep them from stopping on the jump landings.
    Last edited by J-hop; 01-12-2017 at 03:19 PM.

Fun edit of some locals slaying urban rails in some places you might recognize

https://vimeo.com/191066413

Originally posted by mazdavirgin
    https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/...332121492.html

https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/...332115367.html

These are quite nice and reasonably priced if people are looking for park boards/reverse camber. They were award winning boards in previous years.
    So went to mount my brand new Ride bindings on my forum and they won't work with the hardware as it's forums old funky slider system.

Ended up using it as an excuse to buy a new board. Picked up the jibsaw. Looking forward to finally riding a decent board haha

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Anyone have a set of snowboard bindings to sell? Mine are on the verge of falling part. I dont go out all that much anymore.. so anything within a few years old would be perfect.. Either M or L.

My Ride
    Horse

Went snowboarding in Ischgl over the break. Very crowded on the 27-27th, but the back part of the mountain off of the E4 cable car is very nice. Long flat stretch though which was hellish on my legs. 24.12 and 25.12 were fantastic days, mountain was not very busy. It's weird because the mountains around it were still green.

I'd recommend it. Hopefully I can check out St. Anton in a bit.

Originally posted by flipstah

So read up on snowboard shapes and looks like I should try out a rocker or a hybrid:

https://whitelines.com/snowboard-gea...KgzmHlBp0tl.97

My GNU is traditional camber and catching edge too many times is exactly I'm looking to change.

Technology in snowboards are cool!
    Wanted to share my thoughts on this. I have been riding camber boards since I started snowboarding 17 years ago. Just this week I switched to a hybrid with a 40/60 split rocker/camber. I absolutely love the board, it is way more maneuverable than any 100% camber board I've ridden and holds edges really well.

Related to your comments I do notice that it transitions really damn fast from edge to edge compared to my 100% camber board. It caught me off guard my first run and I almost face planted a couple time going from heel to toe haha. I remember you saying that was one of your problems (felt like the board wanted to transition too quickly) so I'm doubtful you will like a hybrid over a traditional camber board.

Louise was awesome yesterday, snow for the first half of the day was pretty good. Park set up is awesome. Only managed to get a couple runs down the park but it was great. Some of the jumps are really deceiving and I over shot on one pretty bad.

My Ride
    rally pig

my 2c but flipstah for how long have you been snowboarding?
    im on my 8th season and i'm still on the same board that i started with, it's a camber board and im all-rounder/carver.
    first 3-5 seasons i was catching edges but past 2-3 seasons after adjusting my stance ive been able to control it with no issues.

i had the opportunity to try various boards during demo days and to be honest i couldn't tell the difference between the various boards

i was also in lake louise yesterday and condition was great (dont know if because i just had my board hand waxed lol), i was worried that it was going to be cold
    Last edited by taemo; 01-15-2017 at 09:05 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Went to Louise today with flipstah... he no longer wants a new board

He took my evil twin for a ride on one run and that was enough... fixed up his technique a bit and he has a decent gameplay for progressing

My Ride
    Exploded.

4 seasons with the GNU and sticking with it lol. No flex zone.

Thanks for the tips! Got things to work on, but getting there.

My Ride
    is broken

At Fernie again as per my usual plan.

Everything is a bit windswept and Polar only opened for a few hours but i got a run or two in on the crusty stuff. All the typical north aspects are good from blow in but they need snow if they are going to survive next weekend.
    Operator Of Beyond's Official Cardano pool.
    Magical internet money for everyone!

My Ride
    Z

Trying to decide between Fernie and KH for the weekend. Similar snow...
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    Lariat

Louise is opening the XL line this weekend!
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by g-m
    Trying to decide between Fernie and KH for the weekend. Similar snow...
    Similar as in quantity? Cause KH usually has better quality, fernie is usually wet

My Ride
    2010 S4

Anybody have any insight to were to get the goods in Jackson Hole? Headed down in a little over a week for the first time.

Also likely to hit Sun Valley for the first time to knock off my free mountain collective days while I'm down that way.

My Ride
    Lariat

Louise was awesome over the weekend. The XL jump line is amazing for the first weekend, the speed and flow of the jumps are some of the best they have had in years. Can't wait to get back there asap.
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Question for the Burton gurus.

Can I swap out a EST disc for a 3D disk on a set of EST bindings?

looking at a really good deal on some EST bindings online, but my current boards are bolt 3D bolt mount.

Thanks

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Hmm, I'm not sure if there is a disc on the baseplate. I can check mine tonight. Since they make both versions of the same model I would say no.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast