Quantcast
Boston...must see sights? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Boston...must see sights?

My Ride
    V167

Default Boston...must see sights?

I'm in boston for the week with my wife.

For those who have visited before, what are major TO DO's?

No ball games unfortunately this week, would have been a good experience.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

- Navdeep

Little italy is worth walking around and going for a meal. South Boston I found to be a new-ish/gentrified kind of area with lofts and creative types around. Boston is a very walkable city.

My Ride
    WK2

If you don't mind long walks - check out the Freedom trail. Follows all the major points and significant locations to US history. It also passes through some large outdoor shopping and restaurants / pubs that have a lot of cool history as well.

Wander around Faneuil Hall Marketplace and Newbury Street for shopping.

My Ride
    V167

Originally posted by 94CoRd
    If you don't mind long walks - check out the Freedom trail. Follows all the major points and significant locations to US history. It also passes through some large outdoor shopping and restaurants / pubs that have a lot of cool history as well.
    Excellent, we heard about this and it definitely interests us.

Newbury we did yesterday, not so much for shopping but a stroll and dinner.

Keep em coming!

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by nismodrifter

Excellent, we heard about this and it definitely interests us.

Newbury we did yesterday, not so much for shopping but a stroll and dinner.

Keep em coming!
    Yeah, just look for the red bricks on the ground in downtown Boston and just start following them around and it'll lead you to various locations of importance.

Whether or not you believe in them, ghost tours are always fun because you get to learn about local legends and history about the city and it's a nice walk in the evening. Boston was one of the better ghost tours I've done:
    http://www.hauntedboston.com

If you like cannolis, Mike's Pastry is the place to go. It personally didn't do anything for me, but they had other stuff I quite enjoyed:
    https://www.zomato.com/boston/mikes-pastry-north-end

Omni Parker House is the location of where they created the Boston cream pie if you wanted to get one, but I just got one at Mike's Pastry.

I had a list of things I did in Boston. I'll see if I can find it when I get home.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Faneuil Hall is a really cool place to see and you can walk past it down to the harbor (Faneuil Marketplace) and theres lots of cool shops and things to see. Its a bit of a walk but we came out of central boston, over the bridge and walked all the way up to bunker hill in the Charlestown area. Such a cool area with old brick sidewalks. Had a pint in the Warren Tavern that opened in 1780 which was pretty cool. If you like American history, Paul Revere used to drink there...

Another place you need to stop in at is the Union Oyster House. One of the oldest restaurants in the US. Food is deadly as well.

The Boston Common Park is a gorgeous park to relax and its pretty much central so its easy to find/access. Theres a small cemetery in the park with super old headstones that is open to the public.

Boston is my favorite US city to visit. Just get out on foot and start walking. Youll find a ton of cool stuff and night markets if you stroll in the evening. Tremont and Boylston St by the park have nice restaurants as well.

Have fun!
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    V167

Did sunset boat tour last night, was relaxing. Also got some Allen Edmonds from their store (~$100 saving vs Canada) .

We had dinner last night in little Italy after the boat ride, and then got cannoli from Mikes pastry (as D said, okay, but didn't amaze me).

Today might just be a relaxing day.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

I've done a lot of brewery tours but I really enjoyed the Samuel Adams tour. They give you the option to go to O'Doyle's after the tour which is a bit of a historical dive bar. Good fun if you like beer!

My buddy's gonna be breaking up with his long distance girlfriend there in a few days. I'll let you know when and where.