Alberta unemployment highest since 94 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta unemployment highest since 94

My Ride
    Bicycle

Default Alberta unemployment highest since 94

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Thank the NDP. you voted it though. so, dont be complaining now you shit bags that voted this junk into power. What a fucking nightmare you caused!!! should be ashamed your so stupid.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 11:38 PM.

Originally posted by InRich
    Thank the NDP. you voted it though. so, dont be complaining now you shit bags that voted this junk into power. What a fucking nightmare you caused!!! should be ashamed your so stupid.
    I didn't vote for the NDP but i'd be interested to know how the current government is the cause of the loss of jobs due to the crash in the price of oil.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

So... why do I see "help wanted" signs everywhere?

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

this would of happened with ndp or the cons. I dont think they deserve all the blame they are getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

Read an article in the newspaper on current polls in Alberta, a WHOPPING 20+% of people who voted NDP already regret the decision. I know many in my social circle who did exactly this, even though we had in depth conversations about the repercussions. It seems the blind hatred for the PC's was enough to sway common sense.

Fucking imbeciles.

Comrades, the NDP will hire all the unemployed proletariat cast off from the evil capitalist pigs!

But only in Edmonton.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    Because over qualification.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by vengie
    Read an article in the newspaper on current polls in Alberta, a WHOPPING 20+% of people who voted NDP already regret the decision. I know many in my social circle who did exactly this, even though we had in depth conversations about the repercussions. It seems the blind hatred for the PC's was enough to sway common sense.

Fucking imbeciles.
    Its not like there were, you know, other parties to vote for either (eg. the centrist AB party).

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    It's tricky. Our company is always looking for movers & cleaners, lately we've been getting a bunch of resumes from people with engineering degrees.... so one problem is they expect a big salary, which obviously you won't make 6 figures doing basic labour jobs. The second issue is as an employer, you know as soon as the economy bounces back they'll be out the door - so we'd rather invest in people who want/NEED the job to survive and not make it a layover career. When we hire somebody, we do it with the intent of them being a "lifer" (even though we know they likely won't be... we just want them to stay longer than a fly by night staff member). Third, it's a combination of the first two issues - people who came from making $80,000+ salary, then taking a job for $40,000 will leave you in the blink of an eye for another job offering $45,000 - anything they can do to get back to their old salary... and honestly can't blame them.

Also , to those saying "it would have happened if the cons were in power" is false. The CON's always projected a positive image of our oil sands vs vilifying them. They would have retained more investors, ergo retaining more jobs.

Additionally for small businesses, it's tough to choke down the wage hike. What's min wage? $11.20 right now? It's jumping up to $15. If you own a restaurant, and have 40~ staff members right now running the kitchen, servers, hostesses, etc. You now have to give them all $3.80 more an hour. For a staff member that works 40 hours a week, that's $7900 more a year per employee. Multiply that by 40 employees, your company now needs to bring in $316,000+ more a year in revenue. If you increase your prices as a small business, you are no longer competitive and will lose customers, ergo going out of businesses. The only other option is cutting back hours or laying off staff... or a combination of both.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Skateboard

Originally posted by 403Gemini

Additionally for small businesses, it's tough to choke down the wage hike. What's min wage? $11.20 right now? It's jumping up to $15. If you own a restaurant, and have 40~ staff members right now running the kitchen, servers, hostesses, etc. You now have to give them all $3.80 more an hour. For a staff member that works 40 hours a week, that's $7900 more a year per employee. Multiply that by 40 employees, your company now needs to bring in $316,000+ more a year in revenue. If you increase your prices as a small business, you are no longer competitive and will lose customers, ergo going out of businesses. The only other option is cutting back hours or laying off staff... or a combination of both.
    This will kill a lot of mom and pop shops.
    Last edited by G; 08-05-2016 at 11:29 AM.

My Ride
    NC1

lol give the ppl what they want! majority too! haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Originally posted by spike98

I didn't vote for the NDP but i'd be interested to know how the current government is the cause of the loss of jobs due to the crash in the price of oil.
    Noone is claiming that the NDP caused job losses because of the price of oil. Its only their supporters who try to claim that those who oppose the NDP, are doing as such because they are equating the low price of oil with the NDP. While the Oil price drop has definitely had an effect on some job losses, policy after policy is making it harder for businesses to stay afloat contributing to many more job losses.

Not only have they created a tougher environment to do business, in the first year they ran the biggest deficit we've ever seen. Looking at their numbers over the next 3 years, were gonna be stuck in the red upwards of 60 million in debt. The next government will then have to come in and clean up the mess, having to make tough cuts (to the public sector) to try and restore some fiscal responsibility. When that happens, you can bet the NDP will be ready to blame the next government for cutting the public sector. Selectively omitting the fact that it will have been their reckless spending that will have led to the cuts.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by G
    This will kill a lot of mom and pop shops.
    And destroy the job market for teens, etc. The "entry level" job (you know, the one where you learn basic skills of the working world while making pocket money) will be no more. Self-serve checkouts will be the norm instead of the novelty and you'll have a generation of youth with even less work ethic than they have now because the work won't exist....
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    TL

why are people putting their degrees on their resumes, when they are applying to minimum wage, or labour jobs. It only hurts you. Some people...

I think it's pretty easy to say what the cons would have done. What would have happened is another story. I see conservative posters are critical of the NDP for not making cuts. Interesting that the suggested fix for a struggling economy and people out of work is more people out of work.
    I've got friends in all industries and it's funny to hear some say they are having the same or better years than previous.
    With the price of oil struggling nobody is investing in a sick horse.
    I think it should be a MINIMUM payment of 20% across the board for any kinda house. Who can't save 20% nowadays, just stop eating out, drive a japanese shit box, and save, its not hard.. have some fucking discipline. Half you niggers shouldn't even be in the houses you live in now.

we can't all drive X5Ms

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Because shitty job

Any jobs worth doing are in extremely short supply

Also because people hiring salesmen for Lowes or Rona don't want to hire an engineer with 20 years experience because they will just leave whenever a real job comes along.
    Yea, but turnover is already high in those positions as is because that's how most people work. And when you haven't had work for a long time, and there is no foreseeable work in your field in the future, you'll stick around just as long as that high school kid working part time.

I just find it amusing, how does a country function when its own people can't be hired to do a job? Simply importing people is not a good way to do that, especially as wage growth pushes everything out of reach of the low wages, that just creates two tiers of citizens.

Originally posted by dandia89
    why are people putting their degrees on their resumes, when they are applying to minimum wage, or labour jobs. It only hurts you. Some people...
    Yep, play to your market. I feel that while lying on your resume is morally dubious, being completely capable of performing a job and being denied it and having to be on EI is much worse.

Speaking of which... is it legal to deny someone a job they are qualified for and you haven't filled? If you get ahold of them and say "sorry, we filled the position with someone else" or "your just not the right fit for the company", but then they don't actually fill the position, is that ok? Just curious.
    Last edited by HiTempguy1; 08-05-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast