Quantcast
You guys wash your cars at home? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: You guys wash your cars at home?

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Last edited by codetrap; 12-31-2016 at 12:44 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    bus

Bylaw guys are usually pretty quick. I've sent them out a few times to catch people washing their cars on the street. It's always a good chukkle haha

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

^ washing with soap you mean?

My Ride
    changes every year

I wash mine with some sort of Barrett Jackson soap on my driveway, says it's safe so it shouldn't be an issue. depends on your neighbors.

I have a safety guy next to me that is anal as all fuck with everything....except washing your car on the driveway lol score for me.

I like doing a pre-wash at the wand wash, and then use Optimum No-Rinse Wash and Shine or Ultima Waterless Wash at home right after. Both products are great, and you don't have to worry about your neighbors complaining.

My Ride
    oooo

I must be lucky because I pretty much always wash the cars in the garage with the door open and my 1 ton truck with a space cap I just pressure wash in the alley.

I get the gas pressure washer fired up, buckets with car soap and foam brushes, spray down the bugs with spray 9 and go to town. Never had anyone say anything more than "hey can you do mine next?" as a joke.

Maybe its just that nobody in the dirty south cares but that would suck having to go to the wand wash on the regular.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by sillysod
    I must be lucky because I pretty much always wash the cars in the garage with the door open and my 1 ton truck with a space cap I just pressure wash in the alley.

I get the gas pressure washer fired up, buckets with car soap and foam brushes, spray down the bugs with spray 9 and go to town. Never had anyone say anything more than "hey can you do mine next?" as a joke.

Maybe its just that nobody in the dirty south cares but that would suck having to go to the wand wash on the regular.
    Same. I’ve washed my vehicles 100’s of times in my driveway or parents driveway and my dad washes their two vehicles every weekend in the driveway as well. No complaints yet.

In fact lots of weekends we’ll wash 4 or 5 vehicles back to back to back and never a word from anyone.

Dirty south east FTW.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Originally posted by redblack
    Bylaw guys are usually pretty quick. I've sent them out a few times to catch people washing their cars on the street. It's always a good chukkle haha
    You sound like the kind of guy that enjoys the smell of his own farts.

Originally posted by SportEL
    I like doing a pre-wash at the wand wash, and then use Optimum No-Rinse Wash and Shine or Ultima Waterless Wash at home right after. Both products are great, and you don't have to worry about your neighbors complaining.
    I've really wanted to pick up some No-rinse wash, but I've been super lazy about it.

Originally posted by sillysod

I borrowed a buddies gas pressure washer once. I was super impressed. That being said, I've done a 2-bucket wash once or twice at my new place, and none of my neighbours complained to or about me doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    oooo

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

You sound like the kind of guy that enjoys the smell of his own farts.
    I missed his comment initially, what douche bag calls on some random neighbor washing their car.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

I Agree with @Zieg I wash my car during the winter months at the wand wash when it's not busy I use a two bucket the one on sunridge way close to 7 eleven is open at like 2am I go there random times to clean it late night and have a relaxing clean and wax no one to bother me

during the summer I use Optimum No Rinse with wax it works amazing! I use it on pretty heavily soiled cars and it has never failed me I wash my car and rims in around 15min and follow it with a quick detailer to make sure no streaks. Not to mention my car is pretty much swirl free but I wouldn't say 100% but as much as a daily driver can be

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3