Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Steam Games do you play?

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Question What Steam Games do you play?

I will break down the ones I play most often:

In no particular order

CSGO

Always loved this game, currently got about 800 hours on it I mostly only play arms race as I don't like waiting after dying for the round to restart.

The Long Dark

Survival, collecting resources, no shelter building.
    This is a environmental survival game that focuses on winter survival, its pretty it reminds me of how surviving in Canada's winter might be, there are many areas to explore and different levels of difficulty.

Stranded Deep

Similar to the long dark, much more focused on building a shelter for survival, you don't seem to require food or water as often as you do in the long dark. There aren't any big land masses in stranded you just go from island to island collecting resources. I haven't reached the end so I don't know if you can get rescued etc.

Rust

Shelter Building, Tool / Clothing / Edibles crafting, multiplayer and pvp.

Got this game ages ago played for 5 mins decided it was way to beta then. After watching sips play it on youtube I decided to try it again, I like the exploring and building that is on a more detailed level of reality than minecraft. I don't like logging out being in my secure cabin to finding myself naked on a beach with nothing and that my cabin has been blown to bits.

Turmoil

Bought this game because it was an oil and gas strategy game but after playing it for about 10 hours the tech upgrades haven't brought me past the 1920s I like it but it seems hard and repetitive.

No Mans Sky

Space Exploration, finding and collecting resources, building upgrades on your ship, suit and multitool. No Shelter building, No ship building, Multiplayer extremely unlikely, all worlds procedurally generated.

Recently bought this then found out after installing that my GFX card wasn't good enough, hacked together some fix and now its running pretty smoothly at medium settings. I like it, however it is repetitive but ive only put in about 4 hours or so. I read today that the storyline at this point is a waste of time so I will probably end up just exploring things and trying to get most of the steam achievements instead.

Does CS GO have realistic damage? I am looking for a new FPS, but I can't stand the 10 headshots to kill someone that is so often the case.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Yeah CS GO is get shot 1-3 times you're dead, depends on what gun is used and if you have armor or not though.

My Ride
    '10 Civic

OP if you like the survival games, give Don't Starve or Don't Starve Together a shot. Great game.

Haven't played anything recently stupid adulthood.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Originally posted by Boat
    OP if you like the survival games, give Don't Starve or Don't Starve Together a shot. Great game.

Haven't played anything recently stupid adulthood.
    Ok I will check it out - also want to try out subnautica.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Does CS GO have realistic damage? I am looking for a new FPS, but I can't stand the 10 headshots to kill someone that is so often the case.
    Play Day of Infamy or Insurgency. They are more realistic. Insurgency was made on the source engine originally starting as a CS mod, I thin infamy might be on a different engine.

I play currently:
    F1 2016
    Deus Ex Mankind Divided (As soon as I escape the office)
    GTA V Online
    Cities Skylines
    Kingdom: New Lands
    This is the Police
    Hitman (The new one)
    Door Kickers
    Mini Metro
    Rise of Nations
    ARK
    Subnautica
    My motto is buy everything and play none of it though

Here are some free games for whoever wants them (Piece the link together):

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
    https://www.humbleb undle.com/gift?key=sum 73ButqYspTttY

The Darkness II
    https://www.humbl ebundle.com/gift?key=Urqh4b AE7eBDPfM5

Mafia II Director's Cut
    https://www. humblebundle.com/gift?key=StHW WmF2dS5vzkbW

Spec Ops: The Line
    https://www.hum blebundle.com/gift?key=DUZ cWemHb8dWsmmx

Tropico 5
    https://www.humbl ebundle.com/gift?key =sdWnpnXra3DxeeR6

Originally posted by nzwasp

Ok I will check it out - also want to try out subnautica.
    Subnautica is really fun for a single player game, lots of exploring and the graphics are great.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I find a lot of my games by watching sips or others play them on youtube as well. Thats how I found the long dark and stranded. I really probably need to get a new GFX card but theres no way im shelling out $600+ for a GTX 1070 or greater.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Insurgency is pretty cool. Me and office mate play it sometimes instead of work

Really eager for January to play the new Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 - looks so badass.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Grimace

I find a lot of my games by watching sips or others play them on youtube as well. Thats how I found the long dark and stranded. I really probably need to get a new GFX card but theres no way im shelling out $600+ for a GTX 1070 or greater.
    If you don't want to shell out a lot, check out reviews on the GTX 1060 6gb and RX 480 8gb. Those are pretty good cards for the money from what I have seen if you aren't expecting 4k.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I would presume I would need a 4k monitor to see anything 4k - and i dont have one of those. I actually went to look up my cards currently memory and its a 1Gb AMD HD6850 I guess it was a alright card back in 2012 when I got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

Thanks guys - will check those out.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I would presume I would need a 4k monitor to see anything 4k - and i dont have one of those. I actually went to look up my cards currently memory and its a 1Gb AMD HD6850 I guess it was a alright card back in 2012 when I got it.
    It's cheaper to stick with 1080p gaming.

My Ride
    Grimace

Yup. If you are doing 1080p something like a 480 or GTX 1060 would be ideal . Those should be around 300-400$. Watch out for the versions though you would likely want the 8gb 480 not 4gb and the 6gb 1060 not 3gb.

My Ride
    2003 Saab 9-3 Vector; 2015 Jeep Wrangler

Originally posted by schocker

Here are some free games for whoever wants them (Piece the link together):

Spec Ops: The Line
    https://www.hum blebundle.com/gift?key=DUZ cWemHb8dWsmmx

I have always wanted to play this one and never bought. Thanks for the gift!

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by kragnorok
    I have always wanted to play this one and never bought. Thanks for the gift!
    You're welcome. I might try and post some more when I have time.

For those that don't have The Witcher 3, it is currently 50% off on steam for the midweek deal. It is an amazing game.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/292030/

Great thread.

I have CSGO, all of Total War series and civilization 5.

I think I am going to try those surival games that OP mentioned.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    S14|TB1

For me lately:

DayZ (survival zombie in a post apocalyptic fictional commie eastern country, the game still gives me chills encountering ppl randomly, used to play with a few other beyonders), Squad(more of a realistic version of Insurgency, originally based off the Project Reality mods but now a full fledged standalone, as the title suggests, Squad play/comms is important), RO2:RS (WW2 Eastern front and pacific theatre FPS). Waiting for Rising Storm 2 Vietnam and BF1 now only really but the latter will be on Origin.

OP if you go on Twitch you can watch almost every big and not so big game being played, that's usually how I gauge if I want to buy something besides watching Youtube vids about it. A lot of the bigger streamers on there get early access.
    Last edited by n1zm0; 08-23-2016 at 11:45 AM.

Originally posted by schocker

Yup. If you are doing 1080p something like a 480 or GTX 1060 would be ideal . Those should be around 300-400$. Watch out for the versions though you would likely want the 8gb 480 not 4gb and the 6gb 1060 not 3gb.
    The EVGA 1060 6GB superclocked is only $359 - probably the best bang for the buck for the 1080P budget gamers, and triple the warranty of other cards. I believe they are 3-4 weeks away from being in stock anywhere though. I was checking almost every day for stock until I gave up and bought a Titan-X

-----------

Regarding Day-Z, I tried that out, it was literally unplayable no matter what I did. The game had serious issues/bugs that made it unplayable and never worked on my PC for some reason. Steam was zero help and refused to refund me, so be careful with that one. I think it's pretty cheap though.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 08-23-2016 at 11:48 AM.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Regarding Day-Z, I tried that out, it was literally unplayable no matter what I did. The game had serious issues/bugs that made it unplayable and never worked on my PC for some reason. Steam was zero help and refused to refund me, so be careful with that one. I think it's pretty cheap though.
    When it works, it works awesome and you have some of the best encounters ever (like how Arma 2 got me hooked), when the desync and the lag happens it can be frustrating. But overall I still spend hours roaming in that game, used to play with jsn and INITIALD and had good interactions overall.

Every month or so they push a new version, sometimes good and sometimes bad but it always has the same hunt or be hunted feel to it, I just think of the final product and how much I bought it for, also close to 400 hours or so in the game, I think I got my money's worth @ $30 bucks a few years ago.

The game is in Alpha though! Beware of that. Longest standing Alpha ever

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Most playtime of the past month:

Assetto Corsa

Also play a lot of AudioShield with the "workout" mod for it (1.5 times the orbs at each difficulty level) that needs an HTC Vive VR HMD. Can get frantic and works up a nice sweat.

Apart from that, just generally poke about when bored and play a game or two here or there :P
    Geek

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast