Quantcast
New home Warranty Provider -- Builder refusing to fix - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: New home Warranty Provider -- Builder refusing to fix

Angry New home Warranty Provider -- Builder refusing to fix

Has anybody contacted their Warranty provider for an issue that the builder is not willing to fix? It seems like they do inspect it and send a report to your builder and you . Have anybody used it before.

I appreciate your input.

Home Owneship Sucks!!!!!.

I tried to - even though the issue was reported to the builder before the first year the warranty provider wouldn't cover it because the ticket with them was not open within the first year.

Make sure to open your case before the timeframe elapses.

What is the issue?

Few issues

Garage floor wasn't levelled properly. Water is piling up on the corners of the garage. builder personal came by and advised that this is with the Alberta home standards and there is nothing can be done. and there is this Dripping/ticking noise from the cold air intake, this has been there ever since the possession. builder did somekind aah bandaid fix, not a permanent fix. They say the noise is from hardwood. but actually its not, they didnt do their job right.

Is there any consequences for contacting the warranty provider, other than fact is 50 $ deductable ?

For the water check to see if it meets section 2.13 of this: http://municipalaffairs.alberta.ca/d..._Chapter_2.pdf

As for the cold air look through the guides on http://www.anhwp.com/ for details to see if you can find an comparable example. I assume you are with anhwp?

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

I paid to open a case with the Alberta New Home Warranty. They came out, inspected, took pictures, and sided with the builder.

My home builder (Trico Homes) told me that while my issues were valid, and there were problems with the colour, sandblasting, and alignment of my driveway, that they were not bad enough for them to do anything further about it. "Good enough", was the motto Trico approached all situations with.

The New Home Warranty inspection was a joke and a waste of time. They are funded by the home builders. The home builders know what will and will not pass an Alberta New Home Warranty case, and they will only address items that they think will not pass.

It's unfortunate that one of the single largest investments we make in our lives is treated like just a checklist of tasks by the home-builder approached in the most minimalist way possible.

Check the specific section of the warranty against your garage. If the results are within the Alberta Newhome Warrant guidelines, they will side with the builder, even if there are visible and physical deficiencies.

Feel free to PM me about it further if you have any questions.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

Originally posted by freshprince1
    I paid to open a case with the Alberta New Home Warranty. They came out, inspected, took pictures, and sided with the builder.

My home builder (Trico Homes) told me that while my issues were valid, and there were problems with the colour, sandblasting, and alignment of my driveway, that they were not bad enough for them to do anything further about it. "Good enough", was the motto Trico approached all situations with.

The New Home Warranty inspection was a joke and a waste of time. They are funded by the home builders. The home builders know what will and will not pass an Alberta New Home Warranty case, and they will only address items that they think will not pass.

It's unfortunate that one of the single largest investments we make in our lives is treated like just a checklist of tasks by the home-builder approached in the most minimalist way possible.

Check the specific section of the warranty against your garage. If the results are within the Alberta Newhome Warrant guidelines, they will side with the builder, even if there are visible and physical deficiencies.

Feel free to PM me about it further if you have any questions.
    Alberta New Home Warranty is a joke...pretty much told me the same

I used new home warranty and was told anything that was originally told to the builder (ie. in the walk-through) becomes their responsibility to fix and they cannot intervene. However, I would recommend to open a case, mine was 125 items long. Most of those items did get fixed, and new home warranty can act as a mediator (the guy we had was really good). That being said, it is a bit of a PITA, since their hands are tied on anything that's been reported in the first year. Just ensure you get the claim in within the 1 year deadline.

If you still can't get anywhere, I would go up the chain for the home company (use Linkedin and contact the higher up's, VP's, Managers etc). This of course will depend on the issues you have, but it's a step you can try to take.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me as well.

I agree though, such a big investment and the whole process consists of guidelines & checkmarks that doesn't mean the job was done correctly.
    Originally posted by xLostx
    I like getting random texts, some guy kept texting me calling me his girl and baby, i told him that i have aids and he should get tested. he no longer texts me
    Originally posted by dimi

I'm a grammar paramedic, unlike those assholes from the grammar police.

Originally posted by freshprince1

Been here and done this with same result. The benefit is that if you ever sell and the buyers bring anything up you have a nice report saying it isnt an issue.

I'm curious with everyone here saying that new home warranty is useless. Is this because your issue didn't fit their defined perameters of a defect? There should be a very defined set of criteria for things that must be fixed otherwise you get owners who want every scratch repaired.

I had an issue where my builder actively lied to us on our warranty date. They gave new home warranty different documents saying the warranty started sooner, therefore our warranty claim was no good. On another property I had new home warranty side with the builder but i don't blame new home warranty for having specific criteria for it to be considered a defect/issue.
    Last edited by gwill; 08-28-2016 at 10:11 PM.