Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 129 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 129 of 193 FirstFirst ... 119 128 129 130 139 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    Exploded.

I retract my previous statement. There's nothing enticing for me to switch from XS to 12 Pro/Pro Max

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I think I am going to grab one or two home pod minis. They will great for the kids to play music without having to use a screen.

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, what's with not being able to get the best camera with the 12 Pro? Need to setup up to the 12 Pro Max to get the best camera which is what the majority of us care about in a new phone. Hopefully "Sensor-shift optical image stabilization" isn't revolutionary, because I'm done with the larger +/Max phones.
    Yeah it's odd they didn't give both Pro's the same camera setup, maybe a space limitation but more likely a marketing decision to differentiate the two more.

Sensor-based stabilization is probably nothing special and the technology itself is not revolutionary. Apple tends to do just enough avoid major criticisms with their camera setups rather than going all-out. I am not sure specifically how it relates to Apple's implementation, but lens-based stabilization is better than sensor-based stabilization in the "real camera" world, provided you have the option. Maybe they were able to get more out of it than their lens-based versions though as it's difficult to make that comparison. I'd bet it's mostly just marketing. They claim you can take a 2sec exposure with it which is probably at the 13mm end. Resolution is so low anyway that it's going to be very forgiving regardless.

The 'zoom' range on the Pro Max looks like it tops out at 65mm equivalent (vs 52mm on the non-Max), neither of which is even an actual telephoto focal length and with only 12MP you aren't going to be doing much cropping. Doesn't seem like you're missing much if you go Pro instead of Pro Max.

My Ride
    Grimace

Looks like 4 gb ram on 12 and 6gb on Pro.

My Ride
    This and that.

Did anyone make the move from a Max version to the smaller version or vice versa?

I've had the XS Max for a couple of years and I am used to the size - though it's definitely a bit of a pain to carry at times.

With the 12, I am contemplating going for the Pro (not the Max) for a couple of reasons. One being practicality of daily use being smaller and though the XS or 11 Pro felt way too small to me than my Max, but I am thinking since 12 Pro is bigger then XS and 11 Pro it won't be too bad or feel too small compared to my XS Max and second 12 Pro is even larger (though barely) so not too keen on that. Finally, Pro I will be able to get right away where as would Pro Max gotta wait a month or so.

Do you guys who have had both prefer one or the other?

Finally, preorder is tomorrow, anyone know what time they start tonight? I can do it on Apple. I was also thinking of going with Telus (due for an upgrade) so can I pre-book at Apple and when I go to Apple Store instead of purchasing outright, do contract with Telus?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I went from a 7 plus to an X. It was hard to get used to the smaller screen. But when the XS came, I stay non max. I also stayed with the 11 pro, not the max. The camera difference for the 12pro max isn’t compelling enough to deal with the bigger form factor IMO.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

6AM MST.

I'm going to grab a Pro, but undecided on what colour to get. Between gold and pacific blue for me. Gold should look pretty nice with that dark green silcone case but the blue is something I don't think I'd get sick of looking at.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    I went from a 7 plus to an X. It was hard to get used to the smaller screen. But when the XS came, I stay non max. I also stayed with the 11 pro, not the max. The camera difference for the 12pro max isn’t compelling enough to deal with the bigger form factor IMO.
    I liked my non Max sizes until I started playing CSR2 Racing a lot. I haven't played it in over a year now so that's why I am thinking the 12 Pro should do the trick and not have to deal with a massive brick. I too don't care about the minimal camera difference that Pro Max has over the Pro.

6AM MST.

I'm going to grab a Pro, but undecided on what colour to get. Between gold and pacific blue for me. Gold should look pretty nice with that dark green silcone case but the blue is something I don't think I'd get sick of looking at.
    Damn. Gotta set an alarm for 5:45AM tomorrow then. lol. I am sort of town between these two as well. But I am leaning towards Blue. Simply because for the last 2 years my XS Max has been the Gold version.

My Ride
    This and that.

6AM MST.

EDIT: Is it actually 6AM or 5AM our time? I think it might be 5 based on what I just read. @npham

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Did anyone make the move from a Max version to the smaller version or vice versa?

I've had the XS Max for a couple of years and I am used to the size - though it's definitely a bit of a pain to carry at times.

With the 12, I am contemplating going for the Pro (not the Max) for a couple of reasons. One being practicality of daily use being smaller and though the XS or 11 Pro felt way too small to me than my Max, but I am thinking since 12 Pro is bigger then XS and 11 Pro it won't be too bad or feel too small compared to my XS Max and second 12 Pro is even larger (though barely) so not too keen on that. Finally, Pro I will be able to get right away where as would Pro Max gotta wait a month or so.

Do you guys who have had both prefer one or the other?

Finally, preorder is tomorrow, anyone know what time they start tonight? I can do it on Apple. I was also thinking of going with Telus (due for an upgrade) so can I pre-book at Apple and when I go to Apple Store instead of purchasing outright, do contract with Telus?
    The question is... which phone actually is small enough for the zr2’s charging pad?

My Ride
    This and that.

Strange. Apple website was showing 5.

Edit: Must have been the US Apple site.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    The question is... which phone actually is small enough for the zr2’s charging pad?

Haha. That is also part of the consideration. The XS Max JUST fits at an angle all crooked but charges. 12 Pro Max may not even do that much but the 12 Pro definitely will so another point in its favour.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Strange. Apple website was showing 5.

Edit: Must have been the US Apple site.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha. That is also part of the consideration. The XS Max JUST fits at an angle all crooked but charges. 12 Pro Max may not even do that much but the 12 Pro definitely will so another point in its favour.
    Do you have to do anything special to turn it on? Wouldn’t charge the watch... the old “plus” phones didn’t really fit, so chalked it up to that... not sure if it had something to do with having one plugged into car play?

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Do you have to do anything special to turn it on? Wouldn’t charge the watch... the old “plus” phones didn’t really fit, so chalked it up to that... not sure if it had something to do with having one plugged into car play?
    Nope nothing at all. The XS Max charges though it has to be placed at an angle and doesn't fully sit in the slot. Wife's 8 charges and fits nicely being small. And it's a relative quick charging too and though I didn't time for long but I was estimating it charges 1% ever 3 minutes.

My Ride
    Grimace

Slept through my alarm and then the store wouldn't load, then almost ordered 2, but now have an in store pickup for blue 12 pro. Now back to bed.

My Ride
    This and that.

Ordered mine through Apple but also wanted to do one through Telus and the fucking portal keeps declining payment for the taxes for Telus for some reason.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Pre-ordered the 12 pro in gold through Bell, but there was still pickup options (through Apple) for the 23rd, so I wonder if they are moving that many units.

My Ride
    NC1

Actually treat yourself lol gonna get a pro max on the 6th.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Grimace

Pre-ordered the 12 pro in gold through Bell, but there was still pickup options (through Apple) for the 23rd, so I wonder if they are moving that many units.
    They were going to be shipping extra to stores so that they could then ship from the stores to have less transportation. Not sure if that is the case in Calgary. When I bought I got Oct 23 pick up or could have had Oct 29 delivery. Looks like the blue pro 128 at least is out now at market mall and later into november shipping.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

I would have done pick up as well, but I wouldn't gave received the rention money from Bell, so I can wait a week or whatever. Hopefully they screw up the shipping and I get it before the 23rd.

Page 129 of 193 FirstFirst ... 119 128 129 130 139 ... LastLast