Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Thread

Those are awesome photos! Too bad they're only from the iphone 7+

I want to see the 7's performance. All the plus models are so fckin big, I don't like carrying a brick with me lol.

Just curious for those who are also all currently on iphone. Has anyone else been unable to sync their phone up? I hadn't done mine since march to my laptop and last week I tried to get some new music ready for my vacation. Updated itunes and all, but it wouldn't sync. Kept trying a few times, but it would stop half way through. Now it is at the point where Itunes doesn't even acknowledge the phone being plugged into laptop, nor can I wifi sync. I tried a chunk of the steps they suggested after running the diagnostics, to no avail. Currently a pretty big issue because if I can't sync up the last 6-7 months of information off my phone that puts me in a not so great position in terms of a new one.

My Ride
    2014 Lexus IS250

Has anyone switched between the Galaxy (S or Note) to the iPhone ? I have had an iPhone for so long and its getting a bit boring.

Any opinions? I am on the Rogers waitlist for a 128 gold (wife) and 256 matte black for me. But I have been reading up on the SGS7 Edge and it looks pretty nice.

I am on the S7 Edge. ITs ok. I am actually thinking of switching over to the Iphone. But not sure if I should get the 7 plus or get the 6s Plus.
    Suggestions?
    Harold: ...The universe tends to unfold as it should.
    Kumar: What is that? some fortune cookie?

[IMG]www.jhin.com/blog/ archives/category/movie/[/ IMG]

My Ride
    is broken

Originally posted by colinxx235
    Just curious for those who are also all currently on iphone. Has anyone else been unable to sync their phone up? I hadn't done mine since march to my laptop and last week I tried to get some new music ready for my vacation. Updated itunes and all, but it wouldn't sync. Kept trying a few times, but it would stop half way through. Now it is at the point where Itunes doesn't even acknowledge the phone being plugged into laptop, nor can I wifi sync. I tried a chunk of the steps they suggested after running the diagnostics, to no avail. Currently a pretty big issue because if I can't sync up the last 6-7 months of information off my phone that puts me in a not so great position in terms of a new one.
    No but ive been having huge issues with Apple locking my icloud account. Like twice a day now i have to unlock my account. I changed my password just to be sure and it still happens.

I feel someone is trying to hack my account but there is never any emails about X attempts your account has been locked, just randomly locked.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by ddmmak
    I am on the S7 Edge. ITs ok. I am actually thinking of switching over to the Iphone. But not sure if I should get the 7 plus or get the 6s Plus.
    Suggestions?
    If you can find a used 6S at a good price and don't mind dealing with kijiji idiots, I'd go for the 6S over the 7. Just make sure it's not going to get blacklisted because of stolen phone. The changes to the 7 aren't exactly huge with the exception of the camera. New home button? Who cares. A little more waterproof? Who cares. More vivid screen colors? Who cares. If you do shoot a lot of photos and videos, that would be the only reason a 7 is better than the 6S.

If you're going to buy new, the difference is pretty small @ $150 so no point in even looking at the 6S.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by imranm
    Has anyone switched between the Galaxy (S or Note) to the iPhone ? I have had an iPhone for so long and its getting a bit boring.

Any opinions? I am on the Rogers waitlist for a 128 gold (wife) and 256 matte black for me. But I have been reading up on the SGS7 Edge and it looks pretty nice.
    I would just focus on the SGS7, HTC 10, or the new Google Nexus/Pixel devices that will be announced Oct 4 as those are pretty much going to be your best options to pick from in Android land. I would also look at the Nexus 6P if it's not too big for you.

After that it's going to be up to you which you prefer. If you can try one out for yourself either at a store or from a friend/coworker that's probably your best bet. Google also has 14 days no questions asked returns if you order one from them and don't like it.

Those are probably going to be the best reference points to compare and see if you want to try it out or stay with Apple.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by imranm

They have a migration tool now so it should be pretty easy.

As to which phone you want that's up to you

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201196
    Last edited by killramos; 09-12-2016 at 11:17 AM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    This and that.

I dropped 3 spots again and it's not even on sale yet? I guess people pulling out perhaps and canceling their reservations?

Anyway, I have a brand new condition (1 month old - replaced under Apple care) iPhone 6S 16gb in Space Grey that I will be unloading once I get the 7. It's with Rogers/Fido. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Thank you sir. Been looking at beyond deals... not so much Kijiji

Originally posted by rage2

If you can find a used 6S at a good price and don't mind dealing with kijiji idiots, I'd go for the 6S over the 7. Just make sure it's not going to get blacklisted because of stolen phone. The changes to the 7 aren't exactly huge with the exception of the camera. New home button? Who cares. A little more waterproof? Who cares. More vivid screen colors? Who cares. If you do shoot a lot of photos and videos, that would be the only reason a 7 is better than the 6S.

If you're going to buy new, the difference is pretty small @ $150 so no point in even looking at the 6S.
    Harold: ...The universe tends to unfold as it should.
    Kumar: What is that? some fortune cookie?

[IMG]www.jhin.com/blog/ archives/category/movie/[/ IMG]

My Ride
    Ram

Are iPhones cdma compatible?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Sorath
    Are iPhones cdma compatible?
    Some models do.

I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    This and that.

Saw a couple of quick review videos on Youtube and most people are saying that Black looks sick and better than Jet Black. Wish I had gone with the Black now lol.

My Ride
    Ram

Originally posted by rage2

Some models do.

New 7+?

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

i pre ordered with bell, my receipt shows 128gb, but when i go online to check status it shows 32, should i call bell or just hope for the best?

Call, to be safe. No point in waiting for a 32 gb when you paid for 128.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Sorath

New 7+?
    2 different chipsets, Apple is using Intel wireless chipsets in most of the new phones. But Intel doesn't , currently, make a CDMA chipset ( which to be honest is a legacy standard anyways). So any phone sold on Sprint or Verizon is using Qualcomm hardware which still has CDMA support.

Only really matters because Verizon and Sprint still have some smatterings of CDMA where LTE isn't available.

I'm sure there is a reason Apple went with Intel in the GSM phones, but we will likely never know. Could just be supply chain management and not relying on a single provider for 100% of its phones etc.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by killramos
    I'm sure there is a reason Apple went with Intel in the GSM phones, but we will likely never know. Could just be supply chain management and not relying on a single provider for 100% of its phones etc.
    It's because Qualcomm wasn't licensing Ericsson patents in its chips. Ericsson was suing Apple for profits on every iPhone because it's using unlicensed Ericsson patents, and it ended up with this:

https://www.ericsson.com/news/1974964

Which costs Apple money on every iPhone sold to Ericsson because of Qualcomm's incompetence.

My Ride
    95B

Heads up for any one doing a iOS10 update, it is sending phone to recovery mode. I did an update on mine and it is in recovery mode.
    http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/09/13/io...recovery-mode/

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I had no problem doing OTA GM

fact.

Page 12 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast