Apple Thread - Page 176 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 176 of 193 FirstFirst ... 166 175 176 177 186 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've had USB-C phones for 6 years, and not one of them has had an issue. If there's a problem, it'll be because Apple cheaped out on the construction.
    My parents used to be on androids. Just like every other phone regardless of ports, it’d collect lint. With lightning, it’s just a hole, so if there’s lint it just won’t push in and charge. USB-C they would push and it would wiggle so at best, it’ll loosen up permanently and you’d have to push the connector a certain way for it to charge once it got too loose. At worse it would break that middle connector inside the connector. Lint cleaning is also a lot easier with lightning port because it’s just a hole. Usbc cleaning youre fighting that plug in the middle of the hole and can’t move worth shit.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love if I have a single plug solution for everything, but usbc is terrible for pockets. Especially old people pockets with lots of lint.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    My parents used to be on androids. Just like every other phone regardless of ports, it’d collect lint. With lightning, it’s just a hole, so if there’s lint it just won’t push in and charge. USB-C they would push and it would wiggle so at best, it’ll loosen up permanently and you’d have to push the connector a certain way for it to charge once it got too loose. At worse it would break that middle connector inside the connector. Lint cleaning is also a lot easier with lightning port because it’s just a hole. Usbc cleaning youre fighting that plug in the middle of the hole and can’t move worth shit.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love if I have a single plug solution for everything, but usbc is terrible for pockets. Especially old people pockets with lots of lint.
    Come to think of it, the few people I associate with who own android phones are always bringing about how their phones won’t charge with chords anymore and they fully rely on wireless charging.

Guess this is why. I assumed they were just cheap, which they are but still.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Weird. It's just something I've never experienced. Even looking at my port right now on a phone I've had for over 2-1/2 years, there's a little bit of debris in there, but nothing that would stop it from plugging in properly. I've never cleaned it out either.

The Apple one does look better for cleaning if you have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

We need a dirty pockets thread. Maybe a mega thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I'm just wondering if people stick their phones port-down in their pockets and that's how they get jammed up with lint. That would be weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    rally pig

I can’t wait till apple is forced to move to usb-c then everyone bitch about how much more fragile usb-c ports are in the conditions that phones are subject to.
    true, most likely why Apple has been trying to transition the iphone to wireless charging.

had the battery replaced on my 11 Pro couple of months ago in case it was throttling (85% battery life and not being throttled), launching apps still feels slow but yeah maybe I will just wait and see what Apple shows later this fall

either way I think wireless charging for phones is where Im planning on transitioning to

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    true, most likely why Apple has been trying to transition the iphone to wireless charging.

had the battery replaced on my 11 Pro couple of months ago in case it was throttling (85% battery life and not being throttled), launching apps still feels slow but yeah maybe I will just wait and see what Apple shows later this fall

either way I think wireless charging for phones is where Im planning on transitioning to
    You can tell if it’s throttling or not by going to battery health. If it says Peak performance then it isn’t throttling
    Name:  8FBF24EF-4E0C-4D68-9D65-B0DF2285F63E.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  98.4 KB

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

It will be interesting to see, EU has told apple they have to switch but i dont know the time frame... and all the apple iphone 14 sneaks peaks that i have seen still say lightning connectors...

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    You can tell if it’s throttling or not by going to battery health. If it says Peak performance then it isn’t throttling
    yes Im aware of that but I was at 85% and battery life wasn't lasting much anymore, figured it was worth a shot either way.
    fortunately Apple replaced my battery for free due to some payment issue with my Apple gift card

@ 85% there's a very good chance your battery won't last very long. At 80% they're total goners.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I’ve got linty pockets. It usually takes me about a year to accumulate enough lint to need a cleaning. That said, I’ve been wireless charging only for so long now that I really don’t notice till I plug in on vacation when I don’t have my wireless charging gear with me.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    '18 Murano

I’ve got linty pockets. It usually takes me about a year to accumulate enough lint to need a cleaning. That said, I’ve been wireless charging only for so long now that I really don’t notice till I plug in on vacation when I don’t have my wireless charging gear with me.
    I have to clean mine a few times a year. Charges fine, transfers photos fine, but carplay won't start/disconnects a lot.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    @ 85% there's a very good chance your battery won't last very long. At 80% they're total goners.
    Mine has been 85% for over a year and it is still in performance mode …

My Ride
    V8s

My XS max is at 85% as well, still in performance. Easily lasts the day if I’m not working away from my desk for more than an hour or two. If I have to take a few teams calls, it demolishes the battery.

Will probably get a 14 this fall. Hopefully they stick with lightning connector, as it’s just easier since we already have cords everywhere.

I'm not saying it won't drop out of performance mode, just that it won't last as long.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Im on the 11 pro still and updated the phone 3 weeks ago and sure enough my calls got staticky right away. Had no idea the battery's toast at 80% so i just checked mine and lucky me its 77%. Weird thing is there hasnt been anything out of the ordinary with the power usage but this might be the reason the calls are staticky here and there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

A replacement battery is a small fraction of the cost of a new phone if you are happy with it.

A lot of the recent phone innovations have been very incremental the past 4 years or so. Moores law seems to no longer apply to smartphones as they have achieved maturity as a segment.

I skipped from a X to a 13Pro Max which led to a nice bump. Probably won’t need another until 16 or 17.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Pro is great because of zoom.

My Ride
    rally pig

work is giving me an iPhone 13 (there was nothing on the 13Pro that I cared for), looking forward to compare it to my 11Pro.
    depending on what Apple announces later this fall, I might then upgrade to a 14Pro or hold of until next year batch.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    A replacement battery is a small fraction of the cost of a new phone if you are happy with it.

A lot of the recent phone innovations have been very incremental the past 4 years or so. Moores law seems to no longer apply to smartphones as they have achieved maturity as a segment.

I skipped from a X to a 13Pro Max which led to a nice bump. Probably won’t need another until 16 or 17.
    Just checked and its only $90 for a new battery so yeah ill go that route when it dies.
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Page 176 of 193 FirstFirst ... 166 175 176 177 186 ... LastLast