Apple Thread - Page 60 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 60 of 193 FirstFirst ... 50 59 60 61 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't mind lightning either other than the fact that I need 2-3 cable types all the time because I am a device whore. Also the OEM Apple cables are too flimsy but I replaced them all with Anker Powerlines.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-in...848383946.html

About a month of use and I haven't gotten the "accessory not supported" yet.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by hurrdurr View Post
    I was just reading online that these cords only fast charge Iphone 8 and up - I have an Iphone 7 plus.

Is there any fast charging cord for the power bank itself? Takes forever - I'll cop a USB-C to lightning now
    As of today, iPhone 8 series, iPhone X, iPad Pro 1st Gen (the big one only), iPad Pro 2nd Gen are the only devices that support USB-C PD fast charging.

You charge that battery bank with the USB-C to USB-C cable plugged into a USB-C wall charger (not included). The USB-C port is bidirectional so you use the same port to charge the battery as charging your devices. I use the 29W Apple one as that's relatively cheap to buy. Takes about 5 hours to charge the battery to full using USB-C PD.

What is the voltage on that power block? Even at 5V aren't you over the 100Wh limit?
    It's not the charger's voltage, it's the cell's voltage, which for Lithium Ion is 3.7V. So the limit is 27000mAh for Lithium Ion power banks.

Good read here. http://blog.ravpower.com/2017/04/fly...s-power-banks/

I wanted to grab the RAV Power USB-C PD power bank instead (slightly smaller and lighter) but not available in Canada.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the charger's voltage, it's the cell's voltage, which for Lithium Ion is 3.7V. So the limit is 27000mAh for Lithium Ion power banks.

Good read here. http://blog.ravpower.com/2017/04/fly...s-power-banks/

I wanted to grab the RAV Power USB-C PD power bank instead (slightly smaller and lighter) but not available in Canada.
    Makes sense, thanks. Figured I had a number wrong.

I timed a charge yesterday with my aftermarket charger and it went from 11% to 80% in 2 hours, and was 100% before 3 hours. The last few percent is a trickle charge, so it takes a lot longer and no point in going to 100% anyway unless you have a 15hr flight with no plug-in or battery bank or something.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Makes sense, thanks. Figured I had a number wrong.

I timed a charge yesterday with my aftermarket charger and it went from 11% to 80% in 2 hours, and was 100% before 3 hours. The last few percent is a trickle charge, so it takes a lot longer and no point in going to 100% anyway unless you have a 15hr flight with no plug-in or battery bank or something.
    Yea, that's pretty much in line with my charge times using the OEM 12W charger tests yesterday. You should dig it up and try it again. Anyways, go spoil yourself with a USB-C PD charger and USB-C to lightning cable and you won't even think about charging speed. It's like 50% in 30 mins or something silly like that.

80% is the max it'll go on fast charge. 80-100% is trickle. For USB-C PD it does 0-30% at full 29W, and slows to 20W or something from 30%-80%.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Yea, that's pretty much in line with my charge times using the OEM 12W charger tests yesterday. You should dig it up and try it again. Anyways, go spoil yourself with a USB-C PD charger and USB-C to lightning cable and you won't even think about charging speed. It's like 50% in 30 mins or something silly like that.

80% is the max it'll go on fast charge. 80-100% is trickle. For USB-C PD it does 0-30% at full 29W, and slows to 20W or something from 30%-80%.
    I will try remember to do that this weekend, I am curious.

I have the PD charger & cable in my cart on Amazon, it'll be in my next batch of orders. It should also work on my Pixel 2XL which already charges crazy fast with the 18W adapter (but supports 27W).

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

What amp do you guys charge your iphones at? I was just told that by always charging at 2.1Amp i've most likely damaged my battery that I had replaced in January.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    What amp do you guys charge your iphones at? I was just told that by always charging at 2.1Amp i've most likely damaged my battery that I had replaced in January.
    No you won't hurt it. Amperage or current is pulled, not pushed, and your phone controls how much it pulls.

Quick charging in general though increases heat and lowers the overall lifespan of the battery, but not in any way the average user will notice in a 1-2 year product life cycle. Lithium batteries do not like being at 0% charge, 100% charge, or hot. When your phone reaches 95% or so, it will trickle charge the rest, then your phone will cut the charge until the % drops, then it will trickle it back up. The really fast charging is often done in tiers, like max speed to say, 50%, and then slower to 80-90%, and slower again to 100% - the device controls this rate.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 07-25-2018 at 12:03 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

80% is when iPhones start to trickle charge to protect the battery.

80% is when iPhones start to trickle charge to protect the battery.
    Does it go right to a trickle at 80%? I thought it was later than that before it went to the minimum charge rate. Maybe it's different for the iPads. I returned my in-line current meter or I could check myself haha.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Does it go right to a trickle at 80%? I thought it was later than that before it went to the minimum charge rate. Maybe it's different for the iPads. I returned my in-line current meter or I could check myself haha.
    Here's the iPhone 8 charts from AppleInsider.

Name:  1_004.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  44.2 KB

29W charger slowed down at 70%, 12W charger slowed down at 80%. 80% is a lithium ion thing, EV's all slow down their charge rates hard at 80% as well.

Interesting thanks, I knew they slowed down earlier depending on charge speed, but I didn't think they went right to a trickle that soon. Looks like that iMac Lightning takes you right to 95% or so before cutting back.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Interesting thanks, I knew they slowed down earlier depending on charge speed, but I didn't think they went right to a trickle that soon. Looks like that iMac Lightning takes you right to 95% or so before cutting back.
    Well to be fair it slows down quite early on. It doesn't charge much faster than 5W charger from about 60%. 5W is basically trickle charge speed.

I got my 30W PD charger and a USB-C to lightning cable. All quality third party with good reviews.

I brought out my Watt meter and did some testing with the iPad at 12% battery. The iPad Pro will not charge faster than 6.1W via USB C / PD. The cable was apparently built specifically for a 29W charge, but I think it was defective. I'll try an Apple one later this weekend, price is similar.

The same charger will charge my Pixel XL 2 at 21W so I know it works. All my other aftermarket chargers charge the iPad Pro at 14.4W with the standard cable. Interestingly a 10W iPad Mini charger charged at 13.4W.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

IPad Pro specifically only supports certain voltages. 15V @ 2a = 30W so your charger has to support 15V to get the full charge rate. Not sure if cable has something to do with it too. Android phones supports way more variations of voltages.

My Ride
    rally pig

question for apple tv owners, can you airplay youtube or netflix videos from IOS devices?
    debating on buying an apple tv as airserver wont let me stream to my media pc
    Last edited by taemo; 07-28-2018 at 07:34 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    question for apple tv owners, can you airplay youtube or netflix videos from IOS devices?
    debating on buying an apple tv as airserver wont let me stream to my media pc
    Yup.

Name:  09393AEA-B816-4419-99CE-C3DFBD2CC5A8.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  32.2 KB

Not sure why you’d need to, native apps on Apple TV for both.

My Ride
    rally pig

Yup.

Name:  09393AEA-B816-4419-99CE-C3DFBD2CC5A8.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  32.2 KB

Not sure why you’d need to, native apps on Apple TV for both.
    if i can control the apple tv easily from my phone, Im sold.
    taking care of our 11weeks old daughter in the morning, right now Im watching youtube/freerange on the ipad with BT headphones.
    would like to watch it on the big screen but still listening through BT headphones and easy controls from my hand

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

There’s a remote control widget or whatever in the control center. I use my phone and iPad as remote 100% of the time.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

I use my AirPods on my Apple TVs and it’s bloody awesome. Only downside is a few times I have fallen asleep and wake up missing an AirPod or two. They always manage to find the smallest crevices to fall into in our bed.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

IPad Pro specifically only supports certain voltages. 15V @ 2a = 30W so your charger has to support 15V to get the full charge rate. Not sure if cable has something to do with it too. Android phones supports way more variations of voltages.
    Yeah I checked that before I bought it, the PD port supports 5V / 3A, 9V / 3A, 15V / 2A, and 20V / 1.5A. Hoping to make it to an Apple store today, I suspect it was the cable but we'll see.

Page 60 of 193 FirstFirst ... 50 59 60 61 70 ... LastLast