Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 69 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 69 of 193 FirstFirst ... 59 68 69 70 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    Exploded.

Would you wait for the Xr or just go to the Xs?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you wait for the Xr or just go to the Xs?
    Depends how much you care about camera. Honestly, I really like the Xr but I use the wide angle camera a lot. $1099 Xr 128GB vs $1589 Xs 256GB. $500 is a lot to pay for that.

Screen wise, for a phone, always felt OLED was overkill. Wouldn't care if I moved back to LCD at some point if it has my must have features.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    So i have an Xs coming tomorrow, but i'm starting to worry about losing touchID and being forced onto FaceID. Biggest thing for me is use in the dark... first thing i do every morning when i wake up is check emails so not sure how well it works in the dark in reality.

Do any X owners regret switching? how well does FaceID actually work especially in the dark?

fuck, why couldn't apple just throw a fingerprint sensor onto the back of the phone or something.

Don’t worry about the dark. It won’t work ‘well’ for the first couple mornings or nights, but it’ll shape up as it learns. Mine is perfect.

My gripe however is this, if you’re yawning it won’t unlock. If you make funny morning faces, it won’t unlock. I did appreciate finger touch better in the dark, but it works well - eventually.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    an econo box

So I'll be picking up an XS tomorrow.

Here's my dilemma: Stupidly I haven't backed up my iPhone 8 since March. I have iCloud photos and videos backed up and I pay for the 50GB iCloud. I'm of the understanding that if you have iCloud photos turned on your actual phone backup won't try to dump your entire photo library into the cloud again. But trying to backup my iPhone 8 now to the cloud and it's taking FOREVER. My wifi isn't the fastest but still. Not only that, but I tried to backup via iTunes and my PC but my system SSD drive doesn't have enough space (I know, I know, time to upgrade). I have a 1TB HDD but iTunes doesn't let you select a different location to store backups Somebody clue me in on why my backup would be so large if photos isn't included?

I'm thinking of just setting up my XS as a new phone. I don't use a ton of apps, don't really need my imessage history, and my photos and videos are already in the cloud anyway. It'll just be a pain in the dick to have to set up the apps I do use all over again.

**EDIT**

Just found the backup settings that shows the size of your next backup and lets you select which app data to backup. Damn iMovie alone is 5GB. Going to pare down the list and should be no problem now.
    Last edited by KrisYYC; 09-20-2018 at 11:30 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yea, iMovies is really the only thing left that's massive for backups for me. Way too many uncompleted projects sitting around for me. And you're correct, if you have Photos enabled for iCloud, it's all synced daily. There's an indicator somewhere that shows how many photos/videos are still synching, make sure everything is sync'd or you'll lose any new photos. Another way to spot check is to login to icloud on a browser, go to photos and make sure your most recent photos are there.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroGravity View Post
    Dark is fine. But you have to open your eyes and have the phone oriented somewhat aligned with your face. I just look at the lock symbol while i swipe up.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    You can also turn off the eyes open security feature. It's on by default, turn it off and you can swipe up with eyes closed, but that increases the risk of someone developing a 3D model of your head to get access to your dick pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Don’t worry about the dark. It won’t work ‘well’ for the first couple mornings or nights, but it’ll shape up as it learns. Mine is perfect.

My gripe however is this, if you’re yawning it won’t unlock. If you make funny morning faces, it won’t unlock. I did appreciate finger touch better in the dark, but it works well - eventually.
    thanks for the reassurances. just one of those things i'll have to get used to.

anyone get theirs delivered to their house yet? still waiting on UPS to deliver mine.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

anyone get theirs delivered to their house yet? still waiting on UPS to deliver mine.
    It's one of those things that took 5 mins to get used to, and a day to figure out why they didn't do this sooner.

Really, the only complaint with FaceID over TouchID is the double click action that I need to do for Apple Pay and App purchases. With Touch ID, my finger is already in position when I hover over payment, and it's a bit annoying to have to double click the side button which isn't exactly close.

I can't figure out how they can implement it any better with FaceID without the risk of accidental purchases.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I picked mine up at 8 am this morning at Market.

My Ride
    an econo box

Picked mine up at Chinook at around 11am. My reserved time was 11-11:30am but the store was quite busy and they were falling behind. I didn't get out of there till around 11:45 and I was one of the first 11am guys to show up. The people who were served just before me were 10:30 reservation holders.

They were taking walk-ins too, but I believe most of the MAX's were sold out. Lots of the regular XS available and lots of the Apple Watch series 4 still.

If you showed up with no pre-order and wanted an XS you could get one but you'd be waiting in line for well over an hour I'd say.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

weird, my reso was for 8:30, showed up at 7:57 and was allowed in at 8:05. Out by 8:10am.

My Ride
    an econo box

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    weird, my reso was for 8:30, showed up at 7:57 and was allowed in at 8:05. Out by 8:10am.
    Yeah and the line progressively got worse as I was waiting. Probably tripled in the time I was there.

If I was more of a morning person I would have opted for an earlier pick-up time.

Well shit. Tracking is now saying Monday

Damn UPS. Pickup option wasn’t available when I ordered last Friday so that’s why I ended up picking shipping.

Maybe I’ll try to hit up market mall later to see if they have any grey 256 Xs’s left and return the one I get Monday.

My Ride
    an econo box

Is Apple care worth it? I think it's like $250 for the XS

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by KrisYYC View Post
    Is Apple care worth it? I think it's like $250 for the XS
    Depends how clumsy you are. Screen and back replacements are ridiculously priced without Apple care. I bought it for my X but kinda pissed off I haven’t dropped it yet lol.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Same boat. Haven’t dropped the X yet. Maybe the wife will now that it’s handed down.

My Ride
    an econo box

Yeah I rarely drop my phones. I didn't drop my iPhone 8 once, but it's form factor is perfect for easy use. I usually do put a slim case on at least. Of course saying that I probably just jinxed myself haha.

My Ride
    Axis powers

I've dropped every phone I've had an not once has a screen broke...
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    rally pig

Been an Iphone user since 4, dropped each phones lots of time from 3ft and never broke a screen so I never bothered with the Apple Care.
    Always had my phone in a case and screen protector though

My Ride
    SL550, P100DL, F-450, FIAT

I had my phone with a 2 year contract. In the last month I’ve dropped it twice. Both times it was covered.
    Professionally Retired

My Ride
    Exploded.

First time using Face ID and doesn't recognise me without glasses. Is that normal?

Also, coming from an iPhone 6 is night and day
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 69 of 193 FirstFirst ... 59 68 69 70 79 ... LastLast