Apple Thread - Page 83 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 83 of 193 FirstFirst ... 73 82 83 84 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sweet. Good enough for me, speed is key.

This little thing is going to save me a bundle, just going to use my Shaw anywhere account to airplay to it from my phone rather than sign up for dedicated satellite out there. Good enough to catch most sports.
    I have Kodi setup on mine and modified a version of popcorntime as well. My daughter finds that easier to use because it’s like Netflix.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I’m surprised Shaw doesn’t have an Apple TV app. Or any other tv connected device. Just mobile devices only. Weird.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Silverado

Does the Shaw app work with airplay? I've tried casting it to Chromecast and I couldn't get it sorted

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Does the Shaw app work with airplay? I've tried casting it to Chromecast and I couldn't get it sorted
    Pretty sure it does, but notably I haven’t had an AppleTV in years.

Plan b is HDMI from laptop, Apple TV would just be a touch slicker.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

I have never owned an Apple product before and just picked up the new iPad Pro Gen 3 12.9. I want to use it mainly for playing with altering and experiments on paintings I am working on before putting brush to canvas. I would also like to play with fully digital painting. Does anyone use them for this type of activity and any good recommendations on apps and programs they use?

Quote Originally Posted by Kavy View Post
    I have Kodi setup on mine and modified a version of popcorntime as well. My daughter finds that easier to use because it’s like Netflix.
    does this require hacking/jailbreaking it at all or is it pretty easy to set up?

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    I have never owned an Apple product before and just picked up the new iPad Pro Gen 3 12.9. I want to use it mainly for playing with altering and experiments on paintings I am working on before putting brush to canvas. I would also like to play with fully digital painting. Does anyone use them for this type of activity and any good recommendations on apps and programs they use?
    For drawing/painting on an iPad, Procreate is the gold standard, but you can also check out Pixelmator, Adobe Sketch, and Pigment.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I use Plex on my Apple TV for all my pre-cloud collection. No hacking necessary, Plex is an official app.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

If you guys just want to use Plex, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. for your non-Apple content you can buy an Amazon Fire TV stick, and the 4K versions are faster even if you don't have 4K content. That is the cheapest option and it comes with a remote.

You can also cast anything you can find on the internet from a Chrome tab to a Chromecast or other compatible device.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    For drawing/painting on an iPad, Procreate is the gold standard, but you can also check out Pixelmator, Adobe Sketch, and Pigment.
    Procreate was the first program I downloaded so I guess I am off to a good start!

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    From what I've read, you can't Airplay Shaw Freerange, can anyone confirm?

I tried to broadcast Shaw Freerange from our Ipad to our media PC running AirServer both via Airplay or Chromecast but it wouldn't play.
    Main reason why I'm still running Windows PC for media on all our TVs.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    does this require hacking/jailbreaking it at all or is it pretty easy to set up?
    It does not require a jailbreak but does require a signed app. If you are a developer this takes about 2 minutes. If you are not you find a friend who is or pay for a service to sign an app for you which will last for a year then you resign and repeat. The signed app will only work on the device it is provisioned for (you can’t have a app signed for one device and put it on another for example)

Apple TV isn’t the easiest device for Kodi but it runs amazing.

Popcorntime on tvOS or iOS is about as simple as it comes. It takes about 2-3 minutes to start up a movie after selected because it does everything in the background but my 5yr old daughter can figure it out and so can my 70yr old parents. That also requires a signed app and provisioning profile.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    Procreate was the first program I downloaded so I guess I am off to a good start!
    You bet - I don't think you'll be left wanting for anything if you already have Procreate.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quick google, shaw says nope.

https://www.shawdirect.ca/english/support/article/8324/

No airplay or chromecast or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I use Plex on my Apple TV for all my pre-cloud collection. No hacking necessary, Plex is an official app.
    Yeah i've used Plex to stream some of my older collection and it works really well, but i don't download movies any more so want to try Kodi/Popcorn Time. I've used Kodi on my laptop and it's pretty good but annoying to connect laptop via HDMI every time.. if i can get it working on Apple TV it would be much more convenient and easier for the wife to use.

It does not require a jailbreak but does require a signed app. If you are a developer this takes about 2 minutes. If you are not you find a friend who is or pay for a service to sign an app for you which will last for a year then you resign and repeat. The signed app will only work on the device it is provisioned for (you can’t have a app signed for one device and put it on another for example)

Apple TV isn’t the easiest device for Kodi but it runs amazing.

Popcorntime on tvOS or iOS is about as simple as it comes. It takes about 2-3 minutes to start up a movie after selected because it does everything in the background but my 5yr old daughter can figure it out and so can my 70yr old parents. That also requires a signed app and provisioning profile.
    cool will look into it later. Not a developer and don't know anyone who is but i'd be willing to pay a small fee to get the signed app to work on my device. if you know legit sites that do that, mind PM'ing me if you don't want to list it here?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quick google, shaw says nope.

https://www.shawdirect.ca/english/support/article/8324/

No airplay or chromecast or anything.
    Damn, Well can’t win em all
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I always thought Popcorn Time was just a Plex addon? Or am I way off base here?

My Ride
    2022 X2M

I always thought Popcorn Time was just a Plex addon? Or am I way off base here?
    Quick screen recording from my iPhone sorry about the quality but I was rushing it and wanted a small file to upload. It works similar on the iPad and tvOS.

E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Yeah i've used Plex to stream some of my older collection and it works really well, but i don't download movies any more so want to try Kodi/Popcorn Time. I've used Kodi on my laptop and it's pretty good but annoying to connect laptop via HDMI every time.. if i can get it working on Apple TV it would be much more convenient and easier for the wife to use.
    . Not a developer and don't know anyone who is but i'd be willing to pay a small fee to get the signed app to work on my device. if you know legit sites that do that, mind PM'ing me if you don't want to list it here?
    Do you own a Mac? If you do it’s rather simple and I could assist and possibly even sign an app for you. I have limited device slots as I do develop so this isn’t a call out to everyone on beyond .

If you don’t own a Mac then you would need help from someone who does as the APTV4K only does wireless debugging and that can’t be done on a Windows machine (to my knowledge anyways). All other devices can be done wired. Let me know what your plans are and what devices and I can steer you in the right direction hopefully.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Do you own a Mac? If you do it’s rather simple and I could assist and possibly even sign an app for you. I have limited device slots as I do develop so this isn’t a call out to everyone on beyond .

If you don’t own a Mac then you would need help from someone who does as the APTV4K only does wireless debugging and that can’t be done on a Windows machine (to my knowledge anyways). All other devices can be done wired. Let me know what your plans are and what devices and I can steer you in the right direction hopefully.
    nah don't have a Mac, just Windows for PCs in my house, and also iPhones. Sounds like you need one to get Kodi/Popcorn Time working on the apple tv so no worries. If i do ever jump into a Mac PC i'll look into it further.

Page 83 of 193 FirstFirst ... 73 82 83 84 93 ... LastLast