Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 62 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 62 of 193 FirstFirst ... 52 61 62 63 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

How have you guys who have the iPhone X been liking it? Have you missed the home button at all or you just get used to the new motions with it?

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by 99civ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How have you guys who have the iPhone X been liking it? Have you missed the home button at all or you just get used to the new motions with it?
    been an X user since December and operating older IOS devices feels outdated. I don’t miss it one bit.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Whenever I use a friends iPhone that has the home button it feels so unintuitive. Faceid and the gestures are way more intuitive

I'm due for an upgrade this month from my iPhone 7 and am extremely intrigued by the plus size X coming out. I just feel leery of not having a home button for some reason haha

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Don’t worry about it, honestly.

The one thing that the home button is perfect for is checking texts from a distance.

For example, if I’m in bed I can give a quick check with my finger print and a glance. With the X I have to bring it to my face and get an eyeful or screen light before it unlocks.

Mind you I shouldn’t be checking texts or messages when I’m half asleep. That’s the age we live it, always accessible.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post

The one thing that the home button is perfect for is checking texts from a distance.

For example, if I’m in bed I can give a quick check with my finger print and a glance. With the X I have to bring it to my face and get an eyeful or screen light before it unlocks.

Mind you I shouldn’t be checking texts or messages when I’m half asleep. That’s the age we live it, always accessible.

Just use tap to wake. Doesn’t have to see your face and you can still view your notifications

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post

Only if you allow it to be so, my life doesn't revolve around my mobile phone and being always accessible.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlaymaker View Post
    Attachment 83129
    Next iPhone launch is on Sept. 12

3 Size
    6.1' iPhone 9 (LCD Screen)
    Storage: 64GB/256GB

Main focus: Camera for
    5.8" iPhone Xs (OLED Screen?)
    6.5" iPhone Xs Plus (OLED Screen?)
    Storage: 64GB/256GB/512GB

That's all I can find.
    Only thing not known is the names ... I am sure there will be a couple of things still hidden ...

Oled yes... I thought the 3 rd phone was a 5.8 as well with a crappier screen,

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Only if you allow it to be so, my life doesn't revolve around my mobile phone and being always accessible.
    I know.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t have the texts come up on initial screen. I need to go into the app to view, privacy thing.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    This and that.

My iPad Pro 10.5 shit the bed and the screen stopped working. A local shop quoted me $450 for a new screen which is insane. I was thinking of waiting for the new iPad before purchasing another one but perhaps the big iPhone might do the trick for me so going to wait and see what exactly is released on the 12th.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    My iPad Pro 10.5 shit the bed and the screen stopped working. A local shop quoted me $450 for a new screen which is insane. I was thinking of waiting for the new iPad before purchasing another one but perhaps the big iPhone might do the trick for me so going to wait and see what exactly is released on the 12th.
    You don't have AppleCare? Even if you don't, take it by the Apple Store, and they may still warranty it <1yr.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Isn't the iPad Pro 10.5 only out for <1 year? Or did you smash the screen?

I'm surprised at the $450 price. iPad doesn't get screen repairs at all, and it's an out of warranty cost for any repairs at $600. That's why I AppleCare'd mine.

I do feel like I'm getting scammed with Apple Care though, I haven't broken anything that I've AppleCare'd yet haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    This and that.

It's only a few months old but I bought the damn thing from Kijiji. The seller didn't tell me it was a refurbished model. I took it to Apple store when I started having issues after a month of using it and they said I am SOL cause they won't even touch a refurbished model. That was $700 down the drain. Adding $450 for the screen on top of that doesn't make sense so I am holding out for now. I have looked at the possibility of ordering the screen which is still $210US online and trying the replacement myself but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Isn't the iPad Pro 10.5 only out for <1 year? Or did you smash the screen?

I'm surprised at the $450 price. iPad doesn't get screen repairs at all, and it's an out of warranty cost for any repairs at $600. That's why I AppleCare'd mine.

I do feel like I'm getting scammed with Apple Care though, I haven't broken anything that I've AppleCare'd yet haha.
    The iPad Pro 10.5 came out June 2017 so it's a little over a year now.

Speaking of the screen, I had to exchange three 10.5 Pro's before I got one without the dreaded yellow/warm band at the bottom that many people experienced (several long threads over at MacRumors) and I am pretty sure everyone at BestBuy customer service hates me haha (had a $650 gift card so I didn't buy from Apple). I bought Apple Care online after the fact. I like the 120Hz and it gets nice and bright but Apple's QC was brutal on the 10.5.

I also can't believe they don't give you GPS in a $1000 iPad (I only recently learned this) when a $200 android tablet has it. I wanted to use it to fly my drone but I cant change the home point without GPS on the device so I scrapped the idea.

Still my favorite tablet of all time, despite the early struggles.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 09-04-2018 at 01:33 PM.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Apple refurb? or 3rd party? Apple refurbs have the same as new warranty.

My Ride
    This and that.

Must have been a 3rd party then, otherwise Apple would have helped out I assume? Learnt that lesson a hard way in attempts to try and save a couple hundred. I just didn't think I would use it that much so thought it's worth the savings. Next time will just buy it directly from Apple and write it off as a business expense.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    The iPad Pro 10.5 came out June 2017 so it's a little over a year now.

Speaking of the screen, I had to exchange three 10.5 Pro's before I got one without the dreaded yellow/warm band at the bottom that many people experienced (several long threads over at MacRumors) and I am pretty sure everyone at BestBuy customer service hates me haha (had a $650 gift card so I didn't buy from Apple). I bought Apple Care online after the fact. I like the 120Hz and it gets nice and bright but Apple's QC was brutal on the 10.5.

I also can't believe they don't give you GPS in a $1000 iPad (I only recently learned this) when a $200 android tablet has it. I wanted to use it to fly my drone but I cant change the home point without GPS on the device so I scrapped the idea.

Still my favorite tablet of all time, despite the early struggles.
    You bought a faulty Apple product?

I don't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
    You bought a faulty Apple product?

I don't believe it.
    My iPad isn't faulty - I just needed to exchange 3 before getting a screen without the yellow bar. It was quite a widespread issue, at least when they first came out (some very long threads on it on other forums) - not sure about these days. I do have some random bad luck, but this was a legit QC issue.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 09-04-2018 at 03:26 PM.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    My iPad isn't faulty - I just needed to exchange 3 before getting a screen without the yellow bar. It was quite a widespread issue, at least when they first came out - not sure about these days.
    I'm just ribbing ya.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Seems like a relevant thread to ask this...

Does Apple TV 4K let you rent 4K movies? Apple is notorious for not having options show up on PC that are available on apple tv etc. so curious if one of the Apple TV fanatics on here knows the answer.

Best I can tell Microsoft's video store which is my go to doesn't let you rent anything in 4K, clicked through a couple dozen on their store and the only 4K options are to buy which is kindof irritating.

Anything I want to own I am a physical media nerd and I have a growing UHD Blu-Ray collection, but just for a rental here or there beyond what Netflix etc. offer it would be awesome to be able get it in 4K...
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 62 of 193 FirstFirst ... 52 61 62 63 72 ... LastLast