Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 54 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 54 of 192 FirstFirst ... 44 53 54 55 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 3838

Thread: Apple Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Define problems?

Aside from the random out of order message (which was supposed to be fixed in last update but not really) I've been on it all morning with my team with no issues.
    messages were not sending while i was on the bus. had to fallback to ghetto text messaging lol. i know i had internet access because i was browsing beyond at the same time

also glad to hear i'm not the only one seeing messages out of order. my wife's 8 plus doesn't have that problem so i thought it was just my phone for some reason.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Ya the out of order doesn’t happen on the iPhone but does on the iPad for me. Same account. From my understanding it has to do with them moving iMessages to the cloud.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    This and that.

Man...I feel like I am completely stuck in the Apple world now.

Got rid of the extra Android phone that I always kept for backup or changing around when I got bored of the primary phone so now I am just down to the iPhone X.

My Macbook Pro was almost 10 years old and now starting to have some issues so decided to splurge on a brand new Macbook Pro with Touchbar and all that.

Then for no real reason or use that I can think of as of right now, picked up a brand new iPad Pro with case, pencil and all that. Also got rid of my Microsoft Surface on which I am still not sure if it was a good idea as it's always good to have one PC around.

This has been an expensive month than usual, especially when you consider the holiday I put on top. On the plus side, lots of points. lol

My Ride
    LNF

Define problems?

Aside from the random out of order message (which was supposed to be fixed in last update but not really) I've been on it all morning with my team with no issues.
    This is really annoying.. My iphone 7 has been doing it for probably 2 months.. I do not understand how they cannot fix it with the 3 or 4 updates I have done.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    This is really annoying.. My iphone 7 has been doing it for probably 2 months.. I do not understand how they cannot fix it with the 3 or 4 updates I have done.
    From what I've read, it's a pretty big change on how Messages and timestamps work to sync message threads properly that created this mess. For the techies that care, it goes something like this:

Prior to 11.2.1, your messages all relied on your phone's clock to timestamp a message. Very simple, things would always be in the correct order on the device you're on, but some messages could be out of order on other devices on same imessage account depending on when it receives your message that you've sent vs someone else's message. Mostly reliable, and when it's not reliable, it's not visible to the user as the primary device is proper.

That all has to go away with iMessages moving to iCloud, and 11.2.1 introduced new timestamping behavior for iMessages. Now, it has to sync up to a unified clock somewhere and can't rely on the phone's clock because your phone's clock can't be trusted 100% as you can set the time to whatever you want, and devices "drift" in time regularly. It has to rely on an accurate time source, which is a clock somewhere that Apple servers would use. Now, if your time on your phone is off, your sent messages would have a completely skewed time compared to your received messages, which is putting things out of order. I mean Apple can hand you a proper timestamp for every message you send, but that would be a lag nightmare, so it relies on your phone's clock until it gets a timestamp on that message to update it. For whatever reason once it gets that timestamp, it's not reordering the messages ordering properly until you force close and reopen the messages app, in which case your sent messages becomes back in proper order.

Not sure what 11.2.5 did to fix that but it clearly didn't work for some scenarios, while it's fixed for others. I have yet to figure out the pattern. I also don't trust the above scenario 100% as I've seen cases where messages are fucked in order over a span of 30 seconds, but my clock seems to be within 1s of atomic clock.

I'm just excited to get all my iMessages in the cloud when 11.3 comes out. But yea, not very Apple the last year or so to release what's really beta shit into production.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

^ at least they have acknowledged it and are taking steps to improve their polish over the next year or so.

I’d rather my stuff work properly rather than have alpha level bleeding edge new features every year. Which is why I don’t use android.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    ^ at least they have acknowledged it and are taking steps to improve their polish over the next year or so.

I’d rather my stuff work properly rather than have alpha level bleeding edge new features every year. Which is why I don’t use android.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post

Using both side by side for the past several years, there is virtually no difference anymore. Both have perpetual minor issues that usually get fixed quickly, and both are extremely polished overall. I'm at the point now where I like features from both sides and enjoy being heavily invested in both ecosystems.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Has anyone gotten their battery replaced through applecare+, I looked at it online and you can setup an appointment for when a new battery is ready does this mean its a while you wait procedure to swap it?

Anyone got a home pod yet? Looks like major QC issues with the body leaving rings on people's furniture. Apple was telling people they were using it wrong again, and third parties are already making $20 home pod "coasters"

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/02/19...homepod-rings/

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Anyone got a home pod yet? Looks like major QC issues with the body leaving rings on people's furniture. Apple was telling people they were using it wrong again, and third parties are already making $20 home pod "coasters"

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/02/19...homepod-rings/
    Doesn't work in Canada and isn't sold here yet. All the sonos speakers do it as well as well as any item with a rubber base that sits on an oiled wood surface. That's why we've had these things called coasters for years lol. They have to write news that criticizes something am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlaymaker View Post
    FYI, an update was released yesterday to resolve this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Has anyone gotten their battery replaced through applecare+, I looked at it online and you can setup an appointment for when a new battery is ready does this mean its a while you wait procedure to swap it?
    i've been wanting to replace my battery on my 7 which i purchased on launch day (so battery is around 1.5 yrs old now), but just not sure if the battery is degraded enough to make a difference. is there a way to run diagnostic on the battery yourself before booking the appointment?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by eglove View Post
    All the sonos speakers do it as well as well as any item with a rubber base that sits on an oiled wood surface. That's why we've had these things called coasters for years lol. They have to write news that criticizes something am I right?
    Stop ruining the narrative! haha

I'm surprised Mitsu isn't horny over the homepod. Testing shows it's the most accurate audio reproduction speaker that rivals audiophile grade speakers. Me? No interest in it, especially when Siri performance is fucking terrible on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    i've been wanting to replace my battery on my 7 which i purchased on launch day (so battery is around 1.5 yrs old now), but just not sure if the battery is degraded enough to make a difference. is there a way to run diagnostic on the battery yourself before booking the appointment?
    iOS 11.3 will have that functionality. Probably a month away.

My Ride
    Ford

im on the wait list for the 6plus battery replacement says late March to early April for arrival. They will hold my battery for 7 days And that a genius bar reservation is NOT required to complete this service
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Quote Originally Posted by blairtruck View Post
    im on the wait list for the 6plus battery replacement says late March to early April for arrival. They will hold my battery for 7 days And that a genius bar reservation is NOT required to complete this service
    My wife’s phone shit down on Thursday unexpectedly and she chatted with Apple online they said they would order a battery for her. Saturday they emailed and said it was there and Sunday she had it done it took about an hour.

That timeframe they gave you is super weird. Hers is a 6s plus but I believe the battery is the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, takes an hour or less if you have set it up through AppleCare or the help center.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    00 Honda CR-V, 02 IS300

My pops got his 6 done last week at the Chinook store. They didn't have any in stock, and they said it would be two weeks, so he put the order in. They called him three days later saying the battery was there, on hold for a week. He came in with no appointment, and was out of there in about 45 minutes.

My Ride
    Ford

this is the email from apple showing the wait time.
    https://imgur.com/RItEVI9
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Good to know we have an iphone 7 to get it replaced. I dont know if anyone else has this problem with their iphone but when the battery starts dying it will just shut off even if it has about 50% charge left (according to the gui anyway). We had the same thing happen with a "6" which im now using, I replaced with a 3rd party battery and I no longer have any issues.

All these battery replacements are free under applecare+ (within 2 year warranty period) or $39 out of warranty right?

iOS 11.3 will have that functionality. Probably a month away.
    nice, that will be a welcome feature.

Page 54 of 192 FirstFirst ... 44 53 54 55 64 ... LastLast