Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 101 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 101 of 156 FirstFirst ... 91 100 101 102 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 3115

Thread: Apple Thread

  1. #2001
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,738
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whenever I quote other people saying the same things I have been criticized for saying, people back pedal and say "oh haha I was just giving you a hard time". So from where I'm sitting I really can't tell what it is, because people only claim to be joking when their hypocrisy is revealed.
    What do you mean?
    When people call you out on shit, they're still giving you a hard time to an extent. What is the difference? No one is backpedaling on their statements in that regard.

    You're full of shit in more cases than one because you exaggerate things that make people raise an eyebrow. I'm sticking with that, and I'm not the only one who sees this. It's annoying but also funny.

  2. #2002
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And today I learn Mitsu spends 50 minutes walking getting lunch.
    Sorry where did I say that? I go for a long walk, get lunch at the end of lunch hour when there's no lineups, and bring it back to the office. I thought that was pretty clear based on my previous post.

  3. #2003
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,738
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry where did I say that? I go for a long walk, get lunch at the end of lunch hour when there's no lineups, and bring it back to the office. I thought that was pretty clear based on my previous post.
    Sigh never mind. I give up lol.
    You win.

  4. #2004
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you mean?
    When people call you out on shit, they're still giving you a hard time to an extent. What is the difference? No one is backpedaling on their statements in that regard.

    You're full of shit in more cases than one because you exaggerate things that make people raise an eyebrow. I'm sticking with that, and I'm not the only one who sees this. It's annoying but also funny.
    Look in the domestic vehicle threads. There are many posts of people saying negative things about X vehicle, X brand, whatever - I say one negative thing and everyone piles on "omg he's at it again, blah blah". Then, I quote all the other people saying the exact same things and then the 'accuser' is like "oh haha just giving you a hard time". I think you might have even been that person once, but I'd have to go back and look. How am I supposed to react to that?

    So put yourself in my shoes - lets say 5 people say the same negative thing about something, nobody says a word. You chime in with something similar and then everyone is upset lol. It's honestly been confusing more than anything else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You basically just did, again
    Yeah I use my lunch hour to try get some exercise instead of sitting down all day, do you think that's unusual? Some people even get their shorts on and powerwalk the plus 15's at lunch time haha.

  5. #2005
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,091
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Regardless of the outcome of this hilarity, I'm entertained. Thanks for that.

    If you see me in the +15's and I completely ignore you, it's because I'm fucking zombie mode trying to focus on the call. I've ignored @Mibz wife, I've ignored my SO, who was waving me down. Who needs AirPod pros for noise cancelling?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  6. #2006
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Regardless of the outcome of this hilarity, I'm entertained. Thanks for that.

    If you see me in the +15's and I completely ignore you, it's because I'm fucking zombie mode trying to focus on the call. I've ignored @Mibz wife, I've ignored my SO, who was waving me down. Who needs AirPod pros for noise cancelling?
    So you're in zombie mode, focused on the calls, ignoring people, and yet you called me out for noticing airpods on the floor? If you don't notice your SO waving, how are you going to notice an airpod? Man, if I said something like that, you guys would have lost your minds and I would have never heard the end of it.

  7. #2007
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canuckistan
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    7,090
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Regardless of the outcome of this hilarity, I'm entertained. Thanks for that.

    If you see me in the +15's and I completely ignore you, it's because I'm fucking zombie mode trying to focus on the call. I've ignored @Mibz wife, I've ignored my SO, who was waving me down. Who needs AirPod pros for noise cancelling?
    lmao 'asshole' isn't a feature of AirPods. Have you tried them on the plane? No one has told me about their performance there.

    I would've gotten one and they do fit well, but I just have a self-imposed irrational fear that I'll lose em. The EarPods that come with iPhones are built well. It's those flat ones that came with the old iPods were garbage.


    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The benefit of masks is not known at this time. But we do know it is some non-trivial amount more than zero.

    We also know that the cost of mask use is, essentially, zero.

    So the cost:benefit of mask use is approaching infinity. I'll take that every time. And every time I see someone without a mask, I think they are stupid.

  8. #2008
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Not Aspen
    My Ride
    ferd furkus rs
    Posts
    3,573
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lmao 'asshole' isn't a feature of AirPods. Have you tried them on the plane? No one has told me about their performance there.

    I would've gotten one and they do fit well, but I just have a self-imposed irrational fear that I'll lose em. The EarPods that come with iPhones are built well. It's those flat ones that came with the old iPods were garbage.
    You can go to Miniso and get a silicone attachment that links them together lol

  9. #2009
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canuckistan
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    7,090
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eglove View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can go to Miniso and get a silicone attachment that links them together lol
    Ah fuck lol. I can't return headphones at Best Buy. Oh wellz.


    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The benefit of masks is not known at this time. But we do know it is some non-trivial amount more than zero.

    We also know that the cost of mask use is, essentially, zero.

    So the cost:benefit of mask use is approaching infinity. I'll take that every time. And every time I see someone without a mask, I think they are stupid.

  10. #2010
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you mean?
    When people call you out on shit, they're still giving you a hard time to an extent. What is the difference? No one is backpedaling on their statements in that regard.

    You're full of shit in more cases than one because you exaggerate things that make people raise an eyebrow. I'm sticking with that, and I'm not the only one who sees this. It's annoying but also funny.
    Here you go:



    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're so full of shit. I'm in the +15's 2 hours a day and never have I once seen anyone drop an AirPods.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    If you see me in the +15's and I completely ignore you, it's because I'm fucking zombie mode trying to focus on the call. I've ignored @Mibz wife, I've ignored my SO, who was waving me down. Who needs AirPod pros for noise cancelling?
    Calls me out on the basis that he too is often in the +15's. Shortly after admits he is (sometimes?) not paying attention to the point he doesn't even notice his SO waving.

    Now if I said that, you would have been all over me and you know it. You already pick apart my posts to try and catch me on semantics or context - if I said something like that you would have lost your mind. So since you asked, that is what I am talking about. Or go look at the corvette thread, and guess what, I am not the only one commenting but you are quiet as a mouse until I say something.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-29-2019 at 02:29 PM.

  11. #2011
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,091
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you're in zombie mode, focused on the calls, ignoring people, and yet you called me out for noticing airpods on the floor? If you don't notice your SO waving, how are you going to notice an airpod? Man, if I said something like that, you guys would have lost your minds and I would have never heard the end of it.
    I see everything in front of me. Just can't see anything beside me (or hear anything around) and tunnel forward, so yea, I'll ignore you unless you're in my line of sight. Just to prove that's the case:

    DAB518C7-56D0-4C92-9BEF-FC9B15CF51C2.jpg

    Saw the car, so yup, I can see dropped AirPods.

    I can't prove a negative, so maybe you should take pictures of said people dropping AirPods if it happens all the time.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  12. #2012
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,062
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lmao 'asshole' isn't a feature of AirPods. Have you tried them on the plane? No one has told me about their performance there.

    I would've gotten one and they do fit well, but I just have a self-imposed irrational fear that I'll lose em. The EarPods that come with iPhones are built well. It's those flat ones that came with the old iPods were garbage.
    AirPods are nowhere near loud enough for use on a plane.

    But hopefully these new ones fair better?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  13. #2013
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Calgary/Alberta
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've played shinny with them on at the lake while on a 2 hour escalation call. They're fucking solid.
    Like if anyone was calling BS I'm surprised it wasn't his claim of 2 hours of hockey


    Also I never understood much why people use buds on an airplane, especially apple ones. The sound leaking is so bad and they aren't comfortable.
    Working at site and flying 2x a week you see so many overear headphones for a reason.

  14. #2014
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,062
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like if anyone was calling BS I'm surprised it wasn't his claim of 2 hours of hockey


    Also I never understood much why people use buds on an airplane, especially apple ones. The sound leaking is so bad and they aren't comfortable.
    Working at site and flying 2x a week you see so many overear headphones for a reason.
    I got stuck with AirPods once flying back from Nashville when I forgot my over ears in the hotel.

    Nearly unusable.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  15. #2015
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,091
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like if anyone was calling BS I'm surprised it wasn't his claim of 2 hours of hockey
    It's with 10 year olds.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  16. #2016
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you mean?
    When people call you out on shit, they're still giving you a hard time to an extent. What is the difference? No one is backpedaling on their statements in that regard.

    You're full of shit in more cases than one because you exaggerate things that make people raise an eyebrow. I'm sticking with that, and I'm not the only one who sees this. It's annoying but also funny.


    I was right - it was you. Found your very own backpedal in the C8 thread, doing exactly what I described earlier.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uh oh, more people don't like the C7 transmission and interior - what now? Or is it only a problem when I say something? I see the usual folks are awfully quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We just like ragging on you.

    Only after being called out on your hypocrisy do you claim you were just ragging on me. Why aren't you in the C8 thread "ragging" on everyone else who has said something negative? This is what I am talking about. I look forward to seeing how the goal posts will be moved on this one.

  17. #2017
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The C
    Posts
    168
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yikes...beyond never really changes haha.

    Back to the thread. Has anyone used Airpods with android and how do you like it? Airpods pros piquing my interest now with its noise cancellation. Still not a fan of how they stick out but it looks better than the BT ear piece style of Sony and Bose.

    EDIT: Although I'm not a big apple fanboy I do respect their hardware designs as best in class.
    Last edited by Manhattan; 10-29-2019 at 03:32 PM.

  18. #2018
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Okotoks North
    Posts
    3,828
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yikes...beyond never really changes haha.

    Back to the thread. Has anyone used Airpods with android and how do you like it? Airpods pros piquing my interest now with its noise cancellation. Still not a fan of how they stick out but it looks better than the BT ear piece style of Sony and Bose.

    EDIT: Although I'm not a big apple fanboy I do respect their hardware designs as best in class.
    I was interested too but it likely won't work (100%) on Android:

    AirPods Pro require Apple devices running iOS 13.2 or later, iPadOS 13.2 or later, watchOS 6.1 or later, tvOS 13.2 or later, or macOS Catalina 10.15.1 or later.
    From: https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2019/...le-october-30/
    ---

  19. #2019
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,062
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yikes...beyond never really changes haha.

    Back to the thread. Has anyone used Airpods with android and how do you like it? Airpods pros piquing my interest now with its noise cancellation. Still not a fan of how they stick out but it looks better than the BT ear piece style of Sony and Bose.

    EDIT: Although I'm not a big apple fanboy I do respect their hardware designs as best in class.
    Gonna be really hard to switch between noise canceling modes without iOS to steer would ge my concern.

    Probably defaults to NC always on?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  20. #2020
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,091
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    I’m picking up a pair tomorrow to let Kenny have first crack at it.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 101 of 156 FirstFirst ... 91 100 101 102 111 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS- Kensington travel plug adaptor, Apple keyboard/mouse, Apple Powerbook plug

    By RawB8figure in forum Computer Hardware & Peripherals
    Replies: 7
    Latest Threads: 12-12-2007, 10:58 PM
  2. FS: Latest 15 inch Apple Powerbook, w/Apple Care 2gigs of ram - $1400

    By overjoyed in forum Computer Hardware & Peripherals
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 03-03-2007, 02:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •