Apple Thread - Page 72 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 72 of 193 FirstFirst ... 62 71 72 73 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    512 def seems like overkill but i'm sure there are some people out there that need it. might be something i need in a few years being the "digital hoarder" that i am.
    Besides hoarding, biggest storage is also usually the fastest.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    1. iCloud Photos caches high resolution (not full resolution) versions of photos for viewing. It's only when you want to edit the photo does it download anything. Not sure about Live Photos if it downloads first, videos do though at a lower bitrate, and only full downloads when editing/using in something like iMovie.
    2. Not sure if Spotify allows it, with Apple Music you can upload your entire collection which is accessible through Apple Music. It's included as part of the monthly fee.
    1. all my pictures are live photos, so maybe that's why it was so noticeable for me when i tried the offload feature out. Super annoying when you're scrolling fast through a bunch of pictures and ends up taking a few seconds on each before you see the details.
    2. that's a sweet feature. don't think spotify does it but i'll take a look

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    2. that's a sweet feature. don't think spotify does it but i'll take a look
    Yea, all my super old school hip hop from my old collection is all within my Apple Music. What's funny is that we're using this feature for completely different purposes these days. Our younger kids are ordering books from school, some of them are read-along books with CD's. Since we don't have a CD player anymore, I go to iTunes on my work desktop with a DVD reader and import it straight to our Apple Music library so we do the read-along books from our phones haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

We do it for Music class CDs that aren't on Apple Music.

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

AirPods are on sale at Walmart.a for $179 if anybody is looking for a pair - https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/apple-a.../6000197017430

New iPad Pro rumors seem to be pretty strongly pointing towards USB-C over lighting (good thing I bought that USB-C to lightning cable specifically for my iPad lol), with 4K HDR video out via USB-C with a separate control panel. That's pretty neat, but requiring a cable is less neat.

Thank god no notch - and no home button (unsurprising after the X) which I think is a good move for the iPad. Face ID rumored not to work when upside down though, which seems silly when they are removing the only thing that lets you easily see which way is up, and the fact that it can operate as normal upside down haha. Probably just an incorrect rumor. New pencil coming too apparently that pairs the same way as the Air Pods. Hopefully the old pencil still works - may not without a USB-C/lighting dongle.

11" and 12.9" iPad Pros coming Oct 30.

- A12X (should be 2 generations of power bump over last Pros)
    - Face id / no home button
    - Thinner
    - No headphone jack (because who wouldn't rather have 0.1mm thinner than a headphone jack and bigger battery )
    - USB-C with 4K HDR output via USB-C
    - New pencil
    - New smart connector

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Someone should probably point out that these are all rumours and by no means confirmed facts lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Someone should probably point out that these are all rumours and by no means confirmed facts lol
    They aren't announced yet - how could anyone think they are facts? Same as any other product announcement. That is why I included the date of the Apple event, anything before that is obviously not confirmed by Apple.

My Ride
    Grimace

Well when was the last time rumors haven't been exactly correct though. Edge looks weird and uncomfortable though compared to current gen. I still think no home and faceid is dumb. USB-C out is going to be a great improvement though.

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    Well when was the last time rumors haven't been exactly correct though. Edge looks weird and uncomfortable though compared to current gen. I still think no home and faceid is dumb. USB-C out is going to be a great improvement though.
    This is also true - rumors this close to announcement, and especially when repeated by virtually every reputable website, are usually either very close or bang on. Look at the Pixel 3 haha - leaked in full back in July. Obviously nothing is certain until announcement but that goes without saying.

USB-C is way better IMO, it just sucks that I will need to buy all new cables for data transfer unless I can get a good USB-C/Lightning adapter. Face ID (apparently) won't even work in every orientation which is stupid, especially with a device that has no obvious top/bottom and is specifically designed to be used in any orientation.

If it really does not have a headphone jack I will be very disappointed - no excuse not to have them on devices this large.

Should be a decent performance bump though which is the most important thing.

My Ride
    This and that.

Fuckin assholes now they announce the new iPad's when I already got a second 10.5 Pro after the first one shit the bed. Fuckers.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Fuckin assholes now they announce the new iPad's when I already got a second 10.5 Pro after the first one shit the bed. Fuckers.
    Umm, why is that their fault?

That like saying it is BMW's fault that you bought the last model year of a generation when everyone knows that a new model is coming.

Do you research man. https://buyersguide.macrumors.com <-- Big red "DON'T BUY'

We've known these were coming for many months now and are in line with previous release schedules - when did you buy the 10.5? All it takes is a google search to avoid buying soon to be replaced product - there are websites dedicated to it.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Umm, why is that their fault?

That like saying it is BMW's fault that you bought the last model year of a generation when everyone knows that a new model is coming.

Do you research man. https://buyersguide.macrumors.com <-- Big red "DON'T BUY'
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    We've known these were coming for many months now and are in line with previous release schedules - when did you buy the 10.5? All it takes is a google search to avoid buying soon to be replaced product - there are websites dedicated to it.

I guess I should have worded that better. I knew that the new ones were coming. I had hoped they would be announced when the new iPhone was announced, as I had been waiting at that point with a broken 10.5 Pro already. When they didn't though, I just got frustrated and really needed one so ended up buying a new one (but old generation) again. I knew they'd be out but just with the timing of everything and when mine stopped functioning I didn't have a choice but to get one before the new ones came out. So my post was in annoyance with that situation.

As a side story, so the old one that stopped functioning; I put it up for sale on Kijiji and eBay for $350 and explained the condition and all that. I got many lowballs on Kijiji and it kept sitting on eBay without being sold for a month I'd say. Finally I got frustrated again and sold it to a lowballer from Kijiji for $200. That fucker tried to haggle to $150 before. Anyway, that got sold but I had forgotten to delete my eBay add. So the day after it got sold, I get a notification on my phone that someone has done the 'buy it now' option for it on eBay for $350 + $40 shipping. I was so fucking pissed....just lost money on that iPad left, right and centre. Of course I had to delete the eBay add then, and message the buyer apologizing and refund their money. lol

eBay's fee structure is so ridiculous these days you probably came out about the same haha.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    eBay's fee structure is so ridiculous these days you probably came out about the same haha.
    Funny story about that. 2 days AFTER I sent the refund eBay sent me an email saying that a fee of $32 would be deducted for that sale. I am like WTF. So I haven't looked into that yet, it was supposed to be have been deducted yesterday so I will check my account to see if it actually happened. Who the hell knows what's going on...

Funny story about that. 2 days AFTER I sent the refund eBay sent me an email saying that a fee of $32 would be deducted for that sale. I am like WTF. So I haven't looked into that yet, it was supposed to be have been deducted yesterday so I will check my account to see if it actually happened. Who the hell knows what's going on...
    I stopped using eBay years ago, I just can't stand that company anymore. Between their fee structures and how they side with the buyer 99% of the time in disputes allowing for all kinds of fraud, I gave up. I hope you at least get your $32 back.

At least for me, if I calculate what I would lose after eBay fees shipping costs, I'm way below market in Calgary and can usually sell it pretty fast after filtering through the usual Kijiji BS. Selling a "for parts" iPad though is a little more tricky I guess - much smaller market.

I like that edge. And fuck the home button.

My Ride
    This and that.

Does Apple still do education pricing on the iPhone's? Thinking of picking up a Max tomorrow and if having a student ID carries some sort of a deal, I will take my wife along for her student ID. lol

Tried to find it online but on their site under the education pricing page iPhone doesn't show up.

https://www.apple.com/ca_edu_93120/shop

Page 72 of 193 FirstFirst ... 62 71 72 73 82 ... LastLast