Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 110 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 110 of 193 FirstFirst ... 100 109 110 111 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've stated on other forums, that if you are going to only get <10 watts from wireless charging an Ipad, you might as well just use a solar panel.

You can get about 20% conversion efficiency from a monocrystalline panel, and you can actually optimize the frequencies of light that the panels absorb by using LED's that only emit that particular spectrum - giving a healthy boost there too. Make the light slightly brighter than the sun, and have it on a pad that only turns on based on "proximity" like some sort of magnetic on/off sheath, and you won't even see the light, because of course, its blocked when charging. Added bonus is that you can do trickle charge when leaving in regular sunlight on your desk upside down, or if you happen to have a glass desk - then trickle charging all the time.

I think the primary reason that Apple is pushing this induction charging, is because they do not own any solar panel patents.

I mean seriously, they had solar calculators when I was going to elementary school, and those panels were sucktacular efficiency.

BTW: The day that they said "glass backed phone" was the day I was sure that solar panel backed phones were coming.
    Oh, there's probably been a lot of things you were sure about that haven't come to pass.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Apple tried to revolutionize Qi with AirPower and completely bungled it, projected was completely shelved after years of trying and over a year after it was announced.

Tl dr : Shit ain’t easy
    heh. fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Luckily I can hide the dongle in my console and never see it which is a plus.

I’ll try and figure out where the lease sketch place to buy these from us and I’ll Guinea pig one and let you know my results.
    Which one did you get? I want one of these too.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Been distracted. Haven’t ordered one yet. Haha
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Does anyone know if there is another way to re-calibrate an iPhone battery? My brief research just suggests to let it die and charge it up, but that doesn't do anything and draining it to 0% is bad for the battery. We've done a reset/restore and all of the obvious stuff. It's possible the battery is toast, but if there's anything else I can do I'd like to try that first. Apple says the batteries are only rated for 500 cycles before losing significant power (about a year's use), but it doesn't seem to be quite that bad as this only started happening recently.

It's an iPhone 8 and the battery percentage is all over the map, it will jump from 25% to 75%, back down to 30%, etc. both on and off the charger. There is no way to tell what the charge percentage actually is, and it can gain charge while off the charger or lose charge while on the charger, and vise versa. It basically has a mind of it's own haha. Sometimes it will shut down at 20% or so. Apple Care is unfortunately expired, but next step is to take it to Apple and see what they say if it turns out there is nothing else to do at the user level.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Does anyone know if there is another way to re-calibrate an iPhone battery? My brief research just suggests to let it die and charge it up, but that doesn't do anything and draining it to 0% is bad for the battery. We've done a reset/restore and all of the obvious stuff. It's possible the battery is toast, but if there's anything else I can do I'd like to try that first. Apple says the batteries are only rated for 500 cycles before losing significant power (about a year's use), but it doesn't seem to be quite that bad as this only started happening recently.

It's an iPhone 8 and the battery percentage is all over the map, it will jump from 25% to 75%, back down to 30%, etc. both on and off the charger. There is no way to tell what the charge percentage actually is, and it can gain charge while off the charger or lose charge while on the charger, and vise versa. It basically has a mind of it's own haha. Sometimes it will shut down at 20% or so. Apple Care is unfortunately expired, but next step is to take it to Apple and see what they say if it turns out there is nothing else to do at the user level.
    Is this a relatively new phenomenon on your phone? My 6S has been doing this since the second most recent iOS update. I'll go from 50% charge to near dead, only to have it jump back to 40+% after being on the charger for 5 minutes or less.

Quote Originally Posted by BrknFngrs View Post
    Is this a relatively new phenomenon on your phone? My 6S has been doing this since the second most recent iOS update. I'll go from 50% charge to near dead, only to have it jump back to 40+% after being on the charger for 5 minutes or less.
    It's relatively new, my GF has only been complaining about it recently.

Researching the issue seems to suggest it is a fairly widespread problem across a variety of models (including the 6S) but I haven't found any actual solutions for it short of getting a new phone/battery. Apple Care expired a couple months ago, so that's unfortunate as they would have probably just installed a new battery.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    It's relatively new, my GF has only been complaining about it recently.

Researching the issue seems to suggest it is a fairly widespread problem across a variety of models (including the 6S) but I haven't found any actual solutions for it short of getting a new phone/battery. Apple Care expired a couple months ago, so that's unfortunate as they would have probably just installed a new battery.
    Not sure why you would hesitate. It's a wear item.

A new battery is $65. You replace tires when they are worn and provide no grip / no hydroplaning resistance, why would you not replace a battery?

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Not sure why you would hesitate. It's a wear item.

A new battery is $65. You replace tires when they are worn and provide no grip / no hydroplaning resistance, why would you not replace a battery?
    That's the next step - I am more trying to figure out if this is a calibration issue, or if the battery is legitimately failing.

Also, if the iPhone SE2 comes out in a few weeks as the rumors suggest, it will be around $500 which makes a $65 for a battery on an old phone not that great of a value proposition. Might just go that route if it comes down to it.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

My old 6+ and my wife's old 6 were doing that a while ago but replacing the batteries solved the issue.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

FYI Costco.ca has e delivery Apple credits available for 15% off face value right now.

Good deal, 15% off, 2% back on exec, plus standard CC points.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

I bolted there to buy a bunch for a new macbook and realized their were just for iTunes and the App Store lol. Too bad as that would have been a crazy amazing deal. Still bought a bunch for presents and myself tho so thank you.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea sorry. These are a great deal for anyone with subscriptions that bill through Apple in general.

fact.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Before I order, anyone know of anywhere locally that has Airpod Pro's for sale?

not sure if shopper's sells them or if they are eligible for the offer, but there is a 20% off store wide sale today. worth looking into

My Ride
    2022 X2M

I don’t believe there is any in Calgary. Edmonton has some kicking around at some staples and sportchek.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Quote Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
    Before I order, anyone know of anywhere locally that has Airpod Pro's for sale?
    I got mine at the Telus store at The Core.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    I got mine at the Telus store at The Core.
    When ?

My Ride
    is faster than yours

When I need a new pair, I usually just wander the +15 for 5-10 minutes and grab as many as I want.

Quote Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
    When ?
    End of Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by never View Post
    When I need a new pair, I usually just wander the +15 for 5-10 minutes and grab as many as I want.
    If you leave them on the ground eventually they take root and an Airpod shrub will form. Then in spring you can harvest them.

Page 110 of 193 FirstFirst ... 100 109 110 111 120 ... LastLast