Apple Thread - Page 191 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 191 of 193 FirstFirst ... 181 190 191 192 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone have an idea on how long it takes rogers and such to get new wearables? Want to see if I can get the 0% and free plan they have been offering on the Ultra 2.
    I am on the same boat and just talked to a rep. Apparently, the wearables have to be set up/bought in store. I am guessing you can probably set one up when it comes out. I am just not sure of availability but I don't think it will be quite sought for by people. I want to set up with Rogers too because they have this promo where if you finance a watch with them, the plan of the watch is free for the first 24 months. At least the rep said it is currently offered and should be offered also for the new Ultra 2.

I also just realized my current watch is a series 3, not a series 2... lol
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    Anyone see the latest Apple video/add with Tim Cook in it talking to "Mother Nature" about how woke and climate friendly they've become? Try and not laugh. Try. "Our aim is to permanently remove all carbon from the atmosphere". I can't tell if this is an extremely well done deepfake with AI, or if it's Apple being serious.

Someone is short a few pages on the essay and uses cliparts and double space to pad it out.

When they were doing the watch presentation at one of the San Fran piers, he would have been jacked IRL. lol. San Fran downtown is pure shithole now.

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

fuck ios17 and watchos10 is so buggy, home app and homekit is slow as hell, watch complications dont update data, stay on older versions until the next release lol

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You aren’t wrong.

But imo these are pretty different devices that have some venn diagram overlap but ultimately each shine in very different areas.
    You might be right, I didn't use my apple watch to its fullest potential.

Garmin gives me better fitness tracking, alerts if I want it, and not that im trying to leverage my watch for my masculinity, but just feels more like a 'guys' watch to me.

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post

Garmin gives me better fitness tracking, alerts if I want it, and not that im trying to leverage my watch for my masculinity, but just feels more like a 'guys' watch to me.
    Garmins do great with GPS tracking (no surprise) and have significantly better battery life, but for health and fitness tracking, they seriously lag behind Apple and even Huawei. Garmins sure are more masculine though.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheQuantifiedScientist/videos

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Read the fine print becuase Apple is notorious for cutting back trade in value of the phone is anything less than pristine.

You have to mail the phone to a third party who checks it out before you see a dime. At least that’s how it worked last time
    I traded in a phone.
    Well that idea is scratched anyway. My wife's XS max which is my old phone is dying really fast now so I told her she can have my 14 pro max when my 15 pro max comes in, so won't bother trading it or selling it privately.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by tha_bandit View Post
    fuck ios17 and watchos10 is so buggy, home app and homekit is slow as hell, watch complications dont update data, stay on older versions until the next release lol
    What HomeKit issues are you having? I haven’t really noticed any.

Everyone been telling me the autocorrect is way better but it doesn’t feel that way. Aside from fucking no longer autocorrecting to ducking.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    What HomeKit issues are you having? I haven’t really noticed any.

Everyone been telling me the autocorrect is way better but it doesn’t feel that way. Aside from fucking no longer autocorrecting to ducking.
    slow loading of camera thumbnails and streams, hub disconnections when on 5G (ie not local), left and readded home but didnt solve issues, same issues on the watch home app. watch weather complications are not updating, found that fix tho, had to reset the location and privacy settings on the iphone

seems like these issues are common via quick search on google, cameras showing mic/talk option as well. thought the issue was not updating tvos but did that last night and no improvements

edit: ill try updating to the new releases to see if there are any bug fixes

update: no changes, also realized i’m not getting any notifications either, they also added security history into the app, that all works lol
    Last edited by tha_bandit; 09-21-2023 at 05:39 PM.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    Garmins do great with GPS tracking (no surprise) and have significantly better battery life, but for health and fitness tracking, they seriously lag behind Apple and even Huawei. Garmins sure are more masculine though.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheQuantifiedScientist/videos
    Interesting channel, ill have to check it out. My research showed that Garmins actually have great VO2 max tracking (unlike apple) and also the heartrate monitor is solid. That being said im thinking of getting a heart rate strap to track accurately.

Reason being.. the accurate Garmin Vo2 max has shown me my VO2 max is poor for my age which I already kinda knew. Hopefully i can get it up.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post

I love my Garmin, I tried a borrowed Apple Watch and gave it back after under 72 hours a few years back. Felt like a complete gimmick.

Though I admit, I have a hard time wearing it through the night consistently because it was giving me a rash. Needed some off wrist time.

Though to be completely clear I bought it primarily as a golf watch. Battery life is unreal, I forgot my charger when I sent to Spain and it lasted damn near the full 2 weeks even with a round of golf in full gps mode in there.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

got the home app to work again, had to delete the home and set it all up again, including automations thumbnails slow as hell still, apple software sucky these days

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by jampack View Post
    I am on the same boat and just talked to a rep. Apparently, the wearables have to be set up/bought in store. I am guessing you can probably set one up when it comes out. I am just not sure of availability but I don't think it will be quite sought for by people. I want to set up with Rogers too because they have this promo where if you finance a watch with them, the plan of the watch is free for the first 24 months. At least the rep said it is currently offered and should be offered also for the new Ultra 2.

I also just realized my current watch is a series 3, not a series 2... lol
    Rogers support was so braindead that I just ended up getting a gps watch9 from apple.
    Battery was getting pretty garbage on my 6, I believe 80%. Nice to have the bigger screen and really like the new nike bands.

Phone wasn't charging via cable. Cleaned out lightning port. It was like cleaning out my belly button last week.

My Ride
    This and that.

Got my iPhone 15 Pro Max last night. For anyone wondering my Latercase from 14 Pro Max did NOT fit the 15 Pro Max and was too loose and kept falling off. Ordered one for the 15 Pro Max specifically. I imagine same would be the situation with all other cases and they won't work.

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Got my iPhone 15 Pro Max last night. For anyone wondering my Latercase from 14 Pro Max did NOT fit the 15 Pro Max and was too loose and kept falling off. Ordered one for the 15 Pro Max specifically. I imagine same would be the situation with all other cases and they won't work.
    might be hit and miss depending on the cases. I had to buy a case on a whim at a local phone case store here, took a chance with a 14 Pro Max case and fortunately it fit no problem.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    Rogers support was so braindead that I just ended up getting a gps watch9 from apple.
    Battery was getting pretty garbage on my 6, I believe 80%. Nice to have the bigger screen and really like the new nike bands.
    Yeah their support is not the best lol.

I got the iPhone 15 pro after trading in my 12 pro. For the watch, I guess you will need to be in their Premium Infinite plan to get the deal of free cellular service for the watch. For that Premium Infinite Plan, there's actually a cellphone deal right now for only 70$ for 24 months if you are a shaw customer which includes 150 GB data and US/Canada/Mexico roaming. I think that's pretty good deal as it's only 15$ difference from their 60gb plan and you get to have larger data, roaming US, Canada and Mexico, and cellular data for the watch (I don't really need it but I'd like to try it).

I did not get the watch yet but relooking into it this week.
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

My phone contract is up, I want to grab an Iphone 13 mini in green before they are thanos snapped out of existence.

So far apple (online and in store) has none, Best Buy have none, visions has 3 but they are locked with bell/virgin.

I’ve looked at a few sketchy looking online retailers and eBay but am pretty meh on sending money and hoping for the best.

What are my options? I don’t want a giant phone.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    rally pig

I thought they are not allowed to sell locked phones in Canada anymore since 2017?
    https://www.canada.ca/en/radio-telev...ckingfees.html

My Ride
    VAG products

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Did you order your 15 pro max through a service provider?? I am still waiting for mine from rogers and I ordered beginning of Oct.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    I thought they are not allowed to sell locked phones in Canada anymore since 2017?
    https://www.canada.ca/en/radio-telev...ckingfees.html
    I thought so too, but visions said they have had complaints from customers who have bought phones sent by providers.

Phone in question:

https://www.visions.ca/product-detai...I13MINI512GBGN
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Page 191 of 193 FirstFirst ... 181 190 191 192 ... LastLast