Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 146 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 146 of 193 FirstFirst ... 136 145 146 147 156 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    Trucks

Anybody else upgrade to Big Sur and have the graphics on their machine go down the shitter? It’s been more than a week and can’t even play a simple mobile game like Asphalt 9 without it stuttering.

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bootcamp doesn't work on the new chip but someone has just recently done it. Turns out that it needs a bunch of OS updates.
    The lack of my number 1 productivity tool, MS Paint, is killing me.
    So it is not just MS that screws productivity with updates?
    Glad that everything started to work for you.

See if Paintbrush works on BigSur
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/paintbrush/

My Ride
    2019 JLU /Triumph T120 Bonnyville

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    Anybody else upgrade to Big Sur and have the graphics on their machine go down the shitter? It’s been more than a week and can’t even play a simple mobile game like Asphalt 9 without it stuttering.
    Graphics are messed, I also can't go 5 minutes without Chrome giving me the "aww snap" error message, Safari can't handle basic websites without saying "problem loading the page" etc, and right now I'm trying to sign back into iMessage and my computer sounds like it's going to take off. I broke my one rule about updating devices right before exams...

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by 300havoc View Post
    Graphics are messed, I also can't go 5 minutes without Chrome giving me the "aww snap" error message, Safari can't handle basic websites without saying "problem loading the page" etc, and right now I'm trying to sign back into iMessage and my computer sounds like it's going to take off. I broke my one rule about updating devices right before exams...
    whenever I was on a Teams video meeting on my rMBP15, CPU and RAM would go up and CPU fan running. I've disabled GPU usage for Teams and seems to be working better now but I'm considering going back to Mojave or Catalina

My Ride
    2019 JLU /Triumph T120 Bonnyville

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    whenever I was on a Teams video meeting on my rMBP15, CPU and RAM would go up and CPU fan running. I've disabled GPU usage for Teams and seems to be working better now but I'm considering going back to Mojave or Catalina
    I think my rMPB13 doesn't like the dock that I'm using, which is strange because it was working before. I'm also notice a bunch of static in my work area that I don't remember being there before, so I think I've got some outside things I need to work out.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Got an early Xmas gift from the ol' ball and chain today. Apple Watch SE. Still playing around with it but seems cool. Love how the stuff just pops up on my wrist. Email comes in, quick glance thru, delete. On to the next one.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    Got an early Xmas gift from the ol' ball and chain today. Apple Watch SE. Still playing around with it but seems cool. Love how the stuff just pops up on my wrist. Email comes in, quick glance thru, delete. On to the next one.
    Enjoy it. I’m less stressed when I’m not wearing mine honestly. Being ultra connected isn’t great, but I really like the watch.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    This and that.

I figured I'd ask here instead of making a new thread, and I may have messed up already. So the family with my parents and siblings decided to do a secret santa this year. The person I got mentioned a few things among the Apple Store (not app store) gift card as an option and of course me being busy and wanting the easiest way chose that option. I googled and found the link and realized there is only buying the e-gift card. So I obviously didn't want that sent to them yet and simply wanted some sort of a confirmation that could be printed and put under the tree. So I ended up using as my own email address for both sender and recipient portion. I got the gift card in my email now (I used their name for the name portion). Plan was to just print that as a 'physical' present which they'd open but then I'd simply forward them the email I have. My question is if I do that, will they have access to the funds or are the funds somehow tied to my e-mail address now? If that's the case, is there a way to cancel for a refund? I don't need anything from Apple so it'll just be a waste for me to keep the funds.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    I figured I'd ask here instead of making a new thread, and I may have messed up already. So the family with my parents and siblings decided to do a secret santa this year. The person I got mentioned a few things among the Apple Store (not app store) gift card as an option and of course me being busy and wanting the easiest way chose that option. I googled and found the link and realized there is only buying the e-gift card. So I obviously didn't want that sent to them yet and simply wanted some sort of a confirmation that could be printed and put under the tree. So I ended up using as my own email address for both sender and recipient portion. I got the gift card in my email now (I used their name for the name portion). Plan was to just print that as a 'physical' present which they'd open but then I'd simply forward them the email I have. My question is if I do that, will they have access to the funds or are the funds somehow tied to my e-mail address now? If that's the case, is there a way to cancel for a refund? I don't need anything from Apple so it'll just be a waste for me to keep the funds.
    Email it to me and I’ll check for you.

Seriously, the codes aren’t tied to email. It can be redeemed by anyone.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Is this a trick question ?

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Email it to me and I’ll check for you.

Seriously, the codes aren’t tied to email. It can be redeemed by anyone.
    Haha good to know. Thanks.

Wasn't a trick question, was genuinely wondering.

My Ride
    Grimace

Waze is now working with dashboard.
    https://www.macrumors.com/2020/12/06...ard-goes-live/

I don't think I have the canada update for apple maps yet (No traffic lights showing up) so I will try out waze again.

My Ride
    95B

Airpod Max is announced. Priced at $779.
    I think at that price point there are lot of other well established brands. Biggest advantage Apple will have is the smooth integration with Apple eco system however I think the other brands will have an edge on the audio quality.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/12/08/a...s-max-for-779/

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    Airpod Max is announced. Priced at $779.
    I think at that price point there are lot of other well established brands. Biggest advantage Apple will have is the smooth integration with Apple eco system however I think the other brands will have an edge on the audio quality.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/12/08/a...s-max-for-779/
    For $779 it better have a fucking edge on audio quality lol.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    95B

For $779 it better have a fucking edge on audio quality lol.
    Based on the hype of Beats I personally think that Apple won't have the edge on Audio Quality.
    Unless this is built separately from Beats.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Damn.

No more losing your qtips in the +15.

Wonder if Apple is going to replace these when you get mugged for them.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    Based on the hype of Beats I personally think that Apple won't have the edge on Audio Quality.
    Unless this is built separately from Beats.
    They look nothing like beats lol.

It looks like Apple just went "how do I make headphones look so expensive I can charge $1k for them"?

I dunno, maybe I'm ignorant and aren't the target buyer for $1k headphones.

My Ride
    95B

It looks like Apple just went "how do I make headphones look so expensive I can charge $1k for them"?

I agree it looks nothing like beats. What I meant is not the looks , I meant the audio side of things.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

There’s no way these can outperform other OTE, and if they can is it worth a grand?

That’s crazy.. I really don’t understand this. Is battery life like a week?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

$1k BLUETOOTH headphones.

Market exclusively made up of people who have too much money and buy every apple product just because?

I’ll stick with my AirPods lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 146 of 193 FirstFirst ... 136 145 146 147 156 ... LastLast