Page 158 of 193 FirstFirst ... 148 157 158 159 168 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nobody's hyped for the Apple AirTag?
    Ill get one, but hype isnt big since people have been expecting them to come out at every event in the last couple years.

I had thought they were almost going to die like airpower.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

I have a qnap nas at the office that is used as a file server ans all the Macs that use Adobe have discount issues. I have tried smb, apf, nfs all of them still crash ... any suggestions?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Almost definitely picking up the apple tv though, $230 bucks for the 32GB model. Been waiting for an update on these for a while, new remote looks much better and it will be nice to get myself off the built in samsung smart tv features which are buggy AF in my living room.
    Apple marketing is hilarious. They say the A12 on the new Apple TV 4K allows it to play hdr high frame rate. I could’ve sworn drive to survive on Netflix already does this on my old Apple TV 4K. Sure enough, tested a few 4k hdr high frame rate shows, and my old Apple TV 4K outputs it just fine.

Name:  AB4D84E6-607C-491B-8429-645817AD6B17.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  78.1 KB

No reason to upgrade if you’ve already got the Apple TV 4K. Only surprise is drive to survive is actually 50fps. Fucking UK production haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I’m not “upgrading” anything in my case. Was just waiting on new hardware before buying another 1 or 2.

Only reason I see upgrading is the wifi 6 might be helpful for some users. That said these things obviously function best wired.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    Nobody's hyped for the Apple AirTag?
    They are 7 years late to the game haha - anyone who wanted something like that probably already has one. At least you can buy a Hermes themed one for $450 USD.

The thing with all of these "tags" is being restricted to Bluetooth range makes their use extremely limited. I guess if you are somehow always losing something in your immediate vicinity and don't mind attaching something as big as a car FOB to it, they could be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    They are 7 years late to the game haha - anyone who wanted something like that probably already has one. At least you can buy a Hermes themed one for $450 USD.

The thing with all of these "tags" is being restricted to Bluetooth range makes their use extremely limited. I guess if you are somehow always losing something in your immediate vicinity and don't mind attaching something as big as a car FOB to it, they could be helpful.
    No, it leverages the Find My network. There are exponentially more iphones, ipads, watches, and pods out in the wild than all of the other trackers combined.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The whole ultra wide band integration is the killer app imo.

That’s said I have next to no interest in the product. I can see how some people would like them though.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I’m not “upgrading” anything in my case. Was just waiting on new hardware before buying another 1 or 2.

Only reason I see upgrading is the wifi 6 might be helpful for some users. That said these things obviously function best wired.
    Yea, I know. Was pointing out the hilarity of Apple marketing, basically trying to encourage someone like me to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    No, it leverages the Find My network. There are exponentially more iphones, ipads, watches, and pods out in the wild than all of the other trackers combined.
    Yea, I don't think Mitsu understood the difference of the find my network here. Being able to leverage almost everyone's iOS devices out there opens up the range way more, up to the closest bluetooth iOS device nearby.

Really surprised that Apple opened up the network to 3rd party devices too. I guess they'd have to or get sued.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    Apple's website says it's Bluetooth range so I am not sure then I guess I misunderstood.

If you want to track something outside your home you'd be better off with GPS anyway.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Apple's website says it's Bluetooth range so I am not sure then I guess I misunderstood.

If you want to track something outside your home you'd be better off with GPS anyway.
    The way airtags work is that every iOS device will help track it and report back location anonymously. It's not 1:1 phone to airtag tracking like the others. Leave something at the beach, other iPhones there will help determine it's location for you even though you're long gone.

So yea, it's bluetooth range to every single iPhone out there (running iOS 14.5 and higher). So essentially it's full on GPS tracking aided by other people's devices.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

GPS? Where are you going to find a device the size of a quarter with GPS, cellular or satellite communication to report said GPS location, and 1 year battery life? Oh. And buy 4 of them for a hundred bucks.

People watch too many movies lol

These things will work great pinging off of nearby Apple devices in a city. If you need to track your keys you dropped in the woods in Siberia, you have other problems to worry about haha.

fact.

AirTags sounds interesting. Did they announce an airtag dog / cat collar? If not that seems like a really useful use for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The way airtags work is that every iOS device will help track it and report back location anonymously. It's not 1:1 phone to airtag tracking like the others. Leave something at the beach, other iPhones there will help determine it's location for you even though you're long gone.

So yea, it's bluetooth range to every single iPhone out there (running iOS 14.5 and higher). So essentially it's full on GPS tracking aided by other people's devices.
    That's better than I thought for sure, but it still requires other people with an iPhone/iPad and with that feature enabled to be within Bluetooth distance of your tag, correct?

GPS? Where are you going to find a device the size of a quarter with GPS, cellular or satellite communication to report said GPS location, and 1 year battery life? Oh. And buy 4 of them for a hundred bucks.
    Small GPS trackers are easy to find - the main downside with GPS is they need to be charged more often (roughly weekly), but the trade off is obviously that they work pretty much everywhere at any time. So for pets, special needs people, security, etc. you would be much better off with GPS. For your keys or TV remote or something, the Apple tracker looks like it would do a fine job and it's range is better than I originally understood. The Apple tracker is a lot bigger than a quarter unless you removed it from it's case and glued it to something. Looks to be about the size of a car fob for most applications.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

So... what I said. Just without a dithering wall of text.

fact.

It's too bad these tags can't be used to track stolen items since any one can disable the tracking on the tags.

Would have been useful to toss one in luggage, camera bag, or in the glove box to track it if someone takes off with it
    ---

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    It's too bad these tags can't be used to track stolen items since any one can disable the tracking on the tags.

Would have been useful to toss one in luggage, camera bag, or in the glove box to track it if someone takes off with it
    It's in direct conflict of privacy. People wanted to use these things to secretly track their teenagers haha.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post

I am more interested on using it for bikes...
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by jampack View Post
    I am more interested on using it for bikes...
    https://www.vanmoof.com/news/en-GB/1...-s-find-my-app

My Ride
    Bicycle

Pretty good ELI5 on AirTags.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    They will probably cut their GSM/GPS tracking bill and it's targeting the right customers as well.

Interesting bike. No dealer in Canada.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 04-22-2021 at 02:23 PM.

Well I bought an iPhone 12 128GB.

I do like the weight, my iPhone 8 Plus weighed more than double.

Page 158 of 193 FirstFirst ... 148 157 158 159 168 ... LastLast