Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 96 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 96 of 193 FirstFirst ... 86 95 96 97 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    rally pig

Downloading 13.1 on the 11Pro right now.

Debating whether I should install ipad OS on our Ipad Air 2, probably not as it already slow as it is.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Downloading 13.1 on the 11Pro right now.

Debating whether I should install ipad OS on our Ipad Air 2, probably not as it already slow as it is.
    No speed loss for my sons iPad and he has been on it since beta 1.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

What do people think the odds are of the 12.9 iPad Pro getting refreshed October? Kindof itching for one but that could be a colossal mistake if they are indeed refreshed.

Might be nice not to bring my laptop on my next trip.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Ah now I see it. I swear I checked earlier and it wasn’t there. Maybe it was set to go at noon Pacific time

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    What do people think the odds are of the 12.9 iPad Pro getting refreshed October? Kindof itching for one but that could be a colossal mistake if they are indeed refreshed.

Might be nice not to bring my laptop on my next trip.
    All rumors suggest a minor refresh by the end of the year to put them more in line with the iPhones with the A13X and triple camera setup. No change to the design/chassis. If I don't start using my Pro more after iPad OS, I am probably going to downgrade to the new Air or something and buy a laptop. The Pro's aren't nearly powerful enough to do most of the photo editing that I do and the video editing app I use doesn't support lens correction, so I can't even edit my RAW video footage on it either. As the cheaper iPads get more powerful and feature-rich, the Pros are becoming more and more like specialized devices for graphic artists it seems.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    All rumors suggest a minor refresh by the end of the year to put them more in line with the iPhones with the A13X and triple camera setup. No change to the design/chassis. If I don't start using my Pro more after iPad OS, I am probably going to downgrade to the new Air or something and buy a laptop. The Pro's aren't nearly powerful enough to do most of the photo editing that I do and the video editing app I use doesn't support lens correction, so I can't even edit my RAW video footage on it either. As the cheaper iPads get more powerful and feature-rich, the Pros are becoming more and more like specialized devices for graphic artists it seems.
    I just want the edge to edge screen and FaceID, just hate that it’s going to run me 1500 bucks for one. What would be killer is an XDR display.

So is the whole “Full Featured Photoshop and Lightroom” a fart in the tub then?

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

I just want the edge to edge screen and FaceID, just hate that it’s going to run me 1500 bucks for one. What would be killer is an XDR display.

So is the whole “Full Featured Photoshop and Lightroom” a fart in the tub then?
    Yeah the prices are insane when you start to look at what kind of laptop you can buy for the same money that is an order of magnitude more powerful than the iPad, but then of course it's not as slim, light or sexy as an iPad. All depends what you're after. I do really like my 11" Pro, I just find that as time goes on I use it less for productivity and more for media consumption, so I can probably just switch back to a lower model. You're right they do look the best though with the slim bezels and great screens. I wish I could have the fingerprint reader back though, at least until they make Face ID a one step process.

The "fully featured" Photoshop is a joke in my opinion, just looking at my own personal usage scenarios. You still won't be able to do many of the most basic things that make it the "go to" program for desktop PC/Mac users such as use any plugins whatsoever, do any kind of batch editing, apply custom color profiles, quickly compare and cull multiple RAW files, etc. Literally my entire photographic workflow from start to finish for both personal use and my Real Estate photography would be impossible to do on a iPad Pro with "fully featured" Photoshop. If you want to make basic changes to a single photo, Affinity has been around for a long time now and is well suited for that. So in my opinion you put it best with a "fart in the tub".
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 09-24-2019 at 01:23 PM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

iPadOS is the best update I've seen in a while.

It would really question the Macbook positioning when an iPad with iPadOS exists.

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    iPadOS is the best update I've seen in a while.

It would really question the Macbook positioning when an iPad with iPadOS exists.
    As long as an enormous performance differential still exists, and as long as key iPad Apps remain heavily crippled (looking at you, Affinity, LumaFusion, and Photoshop) compared to the Mac/PC equivalents, I think there will still be plenty of people buying Macbooks or other laptops that can run proper desktop-grade software applications. Apple computers of any type are very much a niche product as it is - their global market share is one of the lowest at around 6%. Something like 90% of their business is iPhones and iPads anyway haha, so they probably wouldn't even care either way. Just my opinion anyway.

I'm curious to play with iPad OS later tonight as I haven't read much about it. If it finally has a true file system and you can finally drag & drop anything to anywhere like pretty well any other system has been able to do for decades, that will be fantastic. I also think you can use external hard drives properly now with drag & drop 2 way transfer which is a big deal, albeit again something that has been around forever elsewhere. Regardless, I think it is a huge step in the right direction for Apple to finally be treating the iPad differently than the iPhone in terms of the OS.

My Ride
    an econo box

I have a weird bug with my iPhone 11 Pro and the iTunes store app. It won't let me buy a song. I tap on the $1.29 buy button and it just spins for like two seconds, doesn't prompt FaceID and just goes back to showing the button. No download starts.

Edit: Just noticed the same thing is happening in the App Store when I try to download an app I haven't downloaded previously on other Apple devices.

Anybody have that happen?
    Last edited by KrisYYC; 09-27-2019 at 06:10 PM.

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by KrisYYC View Post
    I have a weird bug with my iPhone 11 Pro and the iTunes store app. It won't let me buy a song. I tap on the $1.29 buy button and it just spins for like two seconds, doesn't prompt FaceID and just goes back to showing the button. No download starts.

Edit: Just noticed the same thing is happening in the App Store when I try to download an app I haven't downloaded previously on other Apple devices.

Anybody have that happen?
    do you use multiple apple id for apps and itunes? I would sign out your apple id and sign back in.
    i was having some bugs too earlier where faceid wouldnt work on itunes purchases until i signed back in

My Ride
    an econo box

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    do you use multiple apple id for apps and itunes? I would sign out your apple id and sign back in.
    i was having some bugs too earlier where faceid wouldnt work on itunes purchases until i signed back in
    I don't use multiple Apple ID's but signing out of my Apple ID and signing back in worked. Thanks.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Thought I was the only one that still buys songs with streaming. Out of curiosity why do you buy?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Thought I was the only one that still buys songs with streaming. Out of curiosity why do you buy?
    My wife buys a few a year, need DRM free to cut songs together in GarageBand/Logic for her swimming routines.

fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

My wife buys a few a year, need DRM free to cut songs together in GarageBand/Logic for her swimming routines.
    Ya same reason as me (iMovie) for vacation videos. Was curious if there’s another use case out there.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Ya same reason as me (iMovie) for vacation videos. Was curious if there’s another use case out there.
    If I ever cancel Apple Music my library is going to be kindof messed up

fact.

My Ride
    an econo box

A few reasons. Mostly because I'm old school and I like having the actual song file on my device rather than rely on an internet connection.

Another reason is I switch between my iPhone and Google Pixel every week or two. In order to have the same music collection on my Android phones I'll copy the song files from iTunes on my computer and upload them to OneDrive. From OneDrive on my Pixel I can download the songs onto the Pixel.

I'm also picky about sound quality. If it's an older song that has several different download options in iTunes I'll preview each one to see which has the best sound quality. There can be a lot of variation. I always looked at streaming as more something you'd use for background music.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Streaming songs are downloadable, both iOS and Android for Apple Music, Spotify etc. On Apple Music the downloaded version is identical to the iTunes version aside from DRM.

Should give it a try. Might save you a few bucks depending on much you buy.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea a solid amount of my Apple Music listening is downloaded, fully available offline.

Especially useful when you find a few good curated playlists, and automatically downloads updates to said playlists whenever.

fact.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Yea a solid amount of my Apple Music listening is downloaded, fully available offline.

Especially useful when you find a few good curated playlists, and automatically downloads updates to said playlists whenever.
    yea, that is the great thing about apple music is that all your devices get the downloaded content (Phone, Watch and iPad) all at the same time. I only ever buy music now if I need it for an iMovie video.

Page 96 of 193 FirstFirst ... 86 95 96 97 106 ... LastLast