Apple Thread - Page 78 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 78 of 193 FirstFirst ... 68 77 78 79 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes, I have it on as off you will get a cooler display.

you can see on the 2 pictures I posted above both my X (left) and XS (right) both running the same display settings but the X having less contrast and saturation.
    my wife was thinking maybe my screen protector has something to do but I highly doubt it.
    The screen protector 100% has something to do with it. I gave my X to my kid, we installed a ghost armour matte protector and immediately noticed the image became duller.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The screen protector 100% has something to do with it. I gave my X to my kid, we installed a ghost armour matte protector and immediately noticed the image became duller.
    That's because of the matte style though - any matte protector you put on a screen you are going to take a sharpness hit. Personally I can't stand them haha.

If you stick with tempered glass the difference is usually not noticeable, reflections are just a bit worse.

My Ride
    rally pig

I'm running tempered glass as well but yeah it sounds like it could be the culprit for the reduction of saturation.
    willing to take a slight performance hit for protection (had to replace screen protector once now on the X as I had a crack earlier this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    I'm running tempered glass as well but yeah it sounds like it could be the culprit for the reduction of saturation.
    willing to take a slight performance hit for protection (had to replace screen protector once now on the X as I had a crack earlier this summer.
    I've never seen a tempered glass screen protector change saturation in my life, and I've installed probably 50 of them. I really doubt that is the issue but YMMV. It's like putting a protective camera filter on - it should be 99% the same. You just lose the OEM anti-reflective benefits.

The matte films do have a much more noticeable effect.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 12-14-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Another Apple lawsuit, this one is kind of amusing - link.
    Will fuck off, again.

Is your new $1000-2000+ iPad Pro bent? Apple says it's normal

https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/19/...ring-confirmed

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads...erged.2052189/

Jeez - thankfully mine isn't bent as best I can tell. This is a new low for their QC.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 12-20-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post

Jeez - thankfully mine isn't bent as best I can tell. This is a new low for their QC.
    It's for their new curved iPad screens.
    Will fuck off, again.

Ios 12.1.2 on your iPhone - have you done the upgrade and do you still have a cellular connection? Reports coming in on a global scale of connectivity issues after the 12.1.2 upgrade.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It’s ok here. IIRC 12.1.2 is only for the X series of phones that support esim.

Name:  7317D944-8FC3-4DF3-A0A4-46CA3A09004E.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  8.0 KB
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Axis powers

I don’t have an x and I’m getting promoted for 12.1.2
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Maybe it’s phone only then. Assumed it was for X only as release notes mentioned esim. iPads are still on 11.1.1 here.

Does anyone know of a way to revive an old iPad? We have an old iPad 2nd gen that we would like to give to a family friend recently diagnosed with an illness as I don't think he is even very familiar with the internet. The iPad would be more than adequate if we could get it going. When we try to turn it on, the backlight just turns on, then goes back off again - no apple logo. Tried charging it for 2 days and left it plugged in while trying to turn it on, still no luck. Is it toast?

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Another Apple lawsuit, this one is kind of amusing - link.
    I can imagine its an automatic win. Cutting corners is cutting corners - It was a big thing back in the days of gold and silver coinage. It doesn't matter if you lie by one gram or a hundredth of an inch - lying about size will almost always get caught.

That we have been conditioned to accept "cutting corners" socially, does not mean that its right from a legal standpoint. The 11 inch footlong was fairly easy to litigate on and win because its very easy to just measure.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Does anyone know of a way to revive an old iPad? We have an old iPad 2nd gen that we would like to give to a family friend recently diagnosed with an illness as I don't think he is even very familiar with the internet. The iPad would be more than adequate if we could get it going. When we try to turn it on, the backlight just turns on, then goes back off again - no apple logo. Tried charging it for 2 days and left it plugged in while trying to turn it on, still no luck. Is it toast?
    Try DFU recovery mode. Even with a dead battery it’ll tell you if everything else is working as it’s getting power from your computer. If DFU recovery mode plugged into pc/Mac iTunes won’t revive it, it’s toast. If it’s revived but won’t hold a charge there might be some cheap battery replacement options out there.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Try DFU recovery mode. Even with a dead battery it’ll tell you if everything else is working as it’s getting power from your computer. If DFU recovery mode plugged into pc/Mac iTunes won’t revive it, it’s toast. If it’s revived but won’t hold a charge there might be some cheap battery replacement options out there.
    Thanks, I will give that a try and see. If not we'll just buy him a new tablet, probably not worth the cost of a new battery when you can buy a 8-10" (basic) tablet for $85-150 or so these days.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Those fuckers. I'm going to ask for my money back.

Quote Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
    For the second time in 3 months, I've fucking BENT my iPad Pro. Thank fuck, for AppleCare.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

reading > me
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

So I came home from dinner yesterday and opened up my iPad Pro 11" to find the screen completely shattered on one end, with long deep cracks running through the entire length of the glass. Nobody else was home and the only thing it did was sit on the kitchen table in a case since it's last use, when it obviously was not cracked. When I bring my iPad out of the house, it's in it's own case + a neoprene laptop sleeve + a thick bubble wrap envelope (yes I am that anal). Maybe it was stressed from the factory, maybe I got a lemon, maybe a temperature change set something off - I have no idea. At first I didn't think much of it because I assumed it was the tempered glass screen protector, but that was pristine when I peeled it off, and it was in fact the iPad glass that was destroyed.

Rewind a few hours, I was unbelievably lucky in that I called Apple to buy Apple Care because it was 60 days from purchase and I was trying to wait until the last day. Apparently you have to do it on the 59th day, so the online option disappeared for me and I had to call their support. I ALMOST didn't bother, because I baby my stuff and have never in my entire life used a warranty for damage on a device like this, nor did I use the Apple Care I bought for my last iPad Pro. After 45 mins on hold they were happy to sell me Apple Care, and only a few hours later my iPad screen inexplicably shattered. I went to the Apple store, they had about 6 people standing around doing literally nothing, but they couldn't help me and said I had to come back on Friday for my replacement. On the plus side I only have to pay $49 for a NIB iPad. On the negative side, I have to play the screen lottery again, the bent frame lottery again, and on day-one of my warranty I have already used up 1/2 replacements from what I can only assume was defective hardware to begin with.

Anyways I got super lucky with the timing on my Apple Care, but just a warning to others who have the 2018 iPad Pros - they are unbelievably fragile, be VERY careful with them. Buy the beefiest case you can live with. Now I know how Cam feels haha.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

You should really submit to Guinness book of world records for individual with the most problems with Apple devices.

You will be right next to shak with trading in cars.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You should really submit to Guinness book of world records for individual with the most problems with Apple devices.

You will be right next to shak with trading in cars.
    Reading the Apple forums for as long as I have been, QC issues are not at all uncommon, especially with the new iPad Pros. I also wouldn't be surprised if the bent frames so many people have are stressing the glass, and maybe mine had a slight bend that I didn't notice. This is the first issue I've had that actually destroyed the device though, and my first ever time using a warranty of any kind on any product that covers damage in my entire life.

Page 78 of 193 FirstFirst ... 68 77 78 79 88 ... LastLast