Apple Thread - Page 117 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 117 of 192 FirstFirst ... 107 116 117 118 127 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 3838

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ZMan2k2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hardwired. Nothing. Think I know what it is. I was thinking, and most, if not all, of these movies were codes redeemed from blurays. Why some got the 4K treatment, don’t know, but these didn’t. Waiting for Apple to get back to me.
    Oh that will do it. Coded ones are at times a separate unlisted title that do not qualify for upgrades. I have those too, and some movies I repurchased with higher quality on the public listings, ending up with 2 copies of the movie. Basically every HD code out there today does not get upgraded, while the 4k codes are mapped to the public listings. Before 4K, HD codes were mapped to the standard public listings and they would qualify for upgrades. This changed when 4K was introduced.

If you look on the code sites, they list HD and 4K codes separately at different prices. If they all upgraded free there’s no reason to buy a 4K code.

Those code sites are great btw, I’ve purchased tons of movies that way at 1/2 the price.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    I must be a total pleb. My audio is through USB gamer type headset on my windows desktop.

I don't have a web cam on my home desktop so I use my iPad (muted audio) as my camera by connecting twice.

Sometimes I feel like I work in a Call Center. lol
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Anyone know if you can activate an LTE plan (Bell) for an Apple Watch online? Or do I need to head into a store?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Probably going to pull the trigger on a set of AirPods, is Apple Care worth getting for the extra $40?
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    Probably going to pull the trigger on a set of AirPods, is Apple Care worth getting for the extra $40?
    Standard Airpods, no. AirPod pros, absolutely. I’m on my 3rd set of pros because of shit trapped in the noise cancelling microphone mesh which destroys noise cancelling. Apparently it’s the adhesive securing the mesh breaking apart.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Standard Airpods, no. AirPod pros, absolutely. I’m on my 3rd set of pros because of shit trapped in the noise cancelling microphone mesh which destroys noise cancelling. Apparently it’s the adhesive securing the mesh breaking apart.
    @rage2

Did they replace them free or did they charge the replacement fee? Three sets in two years sounds like a lot, unless they give the full two year on the replacement sets?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    @rage2

Did they replace them free or did they charge the replacement fee? Three sets in two years sounds like a lot, unless they give the full two year on the replacement sets?
    Free, under warranty. My 3rd set was during lockdown when Apple store was closed, call support and got a new pair next day. Dropped off old set at staples fedex. Felt more convenient than store.

And ya it’s been like 3 sets in 6 months haha. Hopefully they’ll have a fix for the problem. If it’s after a year, then apple care will be worth it lol.

Details of the issue: https://medium.com/@cadebosco/we-nee...n-f9f0d1fdef18

I miss the reliability of my original airpods. The pros are great but it’s a PITA with these exchanges.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Free, under warranty. My 3rd set was during lockdown when Apple store was closed, call support and got a new pair next day. Dropped off old set at staples fedex. Felt more convenient than store.

And ya it’s been like 3 sets in 6 months haha. Hopefully they’ll have a fix for the problem. If it’s after a year, then apple care will be worth it lol.

Details of the issue: https://medium.com/@cadebosco/we-nee...n-f9f0d1fdef18

I miss the reliability of my original airpods. The pros are great but it’s a PITA with these exchanges.
    Decided to roll the dice, I figure two years is a decent amount of time for them to get a fix and if they do, I’ll wind up with the new ones as one of the replacement sets haha

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

I haven’t had the problem yet, but now I’m gonna be weary of it.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

Quote Originally Posted by ZMan2k2 View Post
    Hardwired. Nothing. Think I know what it is. I was thinking, and most, if not all, of these movies were codes redeemed from blurays. Why some got the 4K treatment, don’t know, but these didn’t. Waiting for Apple to get back to me.
    Yes, I’m quoting myself.

Beta firmware 13.4.8 fixes all the issues I was having.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

All time high! Gooooo APPL

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    All time high! Gooooo APPL
    You have mentioned this a few times. You know that’s not actually their ticker symbol right?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You have mentioned this a few times. You know that’s not actually their ticker symbol right?
    AAPL... I dunno why APPL keeps appearing on my phone... it’s even an iPhone

I frankly don’t even care though, cause I have: AAPL200619C00350000 not AAPL anyways hahaha!

Apple users for business... Is it worth it?

Okay... I had never used an apple product until just a short time ago. I now have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and an iPad Pro. I was initially resistant but I do really enjoy using these two products more than the Samsung products I was using before.

Now I am going to start working out of the office more and need to get a new laptop and I am considering a MacBook Pro 16”. Am I nuts? All our shop computers etc are windows based and our companies POS system must use windows to run. I am scouring the web and every talks about how using a windows program on Mac is not a pain, but how painful iOS it really? Also, if using a windows (simulator?) on Mac, should that allow me to run a windows based POS system or is it more complicated than that? Lastly, little things like using Microsoft office for Mac, will it be something I can just send work to one of our guys and they can open it on the windows version of office?

Thanks!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Office for Mac works great, yes you can send documents to other windows user no problem. Might be missing a few features but nothing you will likely miss.

As for running Windows applications on a Mac, I’m not a huge fan of the virtualization programs. A lot of things just don’t work right. It’s less a pain than you need to brace yourself to deal with things unexpectedly not working, and knowing there is a good chance the problem will never be fixed. Only way to know is to try it out ( macs have a 14 day no questions asked return policy so if you can set yourself up quick and try it out maybe you can determine this before commiting ).

So my recommendation would be looking at dual booting your Mac with a native windows install, which works great. But also kindof defeats the purpose of buying a Mac if you are going to run Windows on it full time. This is essentially 100% guaranteed to work though.

An option is using the Mac side for personal and windows side for work, but if you never use the Mac side you are likely wasting a lot of money on buying a Mac.

I struggle with this personally a lot. I loved my macs, but am occasionally chained to windows so I have always had to dual boot.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Office for Mac works great, yes you can send documents to other windows user no problem. Might be missing a few features but nothing you will likely miss.

As for running Windows applications on a Mac, I’m not a huge fan of the virtualization programs. A lot of things just don’t work right. It’s less a pain than you need to brace yourself to deal with things unexpectedly not working, and knowing there is a good chance the problem will never be fixed. Only way to know is to try it out ( macs have a 14 day no questions asked return policy so if you can set yourself up quick and try it out maybe you can determine this before commiting ).

So my recommendation would be looking at dual booting your Mac with a native windows install, which works great. But also kindof defeats the purpose of buying a Mac if you are going to run Windows on it full time. This is essentially 100% guaranteed to work though.

An option is using the Mac side for personal and windows side for work, but if you never use the Mac side you are likely wasting a lot of money on buying a Mac.

I struggle with this personally a lot. I loved my macs, but am occasionally chained to windows so I have always had to dual boot.
    The goal is to be further and further away from the office, but much of the new direction of my work will involve creative stuff as well as back end stuff. Worst case I guess I can get a cheapie windows based laptop if needed I guess.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I mean the good news is if you are just remoting into work anyway. Mac or PC won’t matter they both do Remote Desktop just fine.

fact.

My Ride
    Grimace

Lots of neat updates to iosipadwatchos, nothing about default apps though, but I think I can finally make the switch from pixel.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    Lots of neat updates to iosipadwatchos, nothing about default apps though, but I think I can finally make the switch from pixel.
    You can set default email and browser now, it was buried in one of their slides.

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    You can set default email and browser now, it was buried in one of their slides.
    Excellent, thanks.

I guess the new apple soc for laptops/desktops is also a big thing as well.

Page 117 of 192 FirstFirst ... 107 116 117 118 127 ... LastLast