Apple Thread - Page 58 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 58 of 193 FirstFirst ... 48 57 58 59 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler_Racing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not good, Audio Room was one of the companies that had came before (I followed up twice) and never received a response.

This time he did send the quote but on principle will not be using them.
    Sorry to hear that. I know Kurt very well and I had very good service from them.
    I will definitely pass your feed back to him. I am meeting him this Saturday to finalize my HT.

So apparently Apple is going to switch iPhone connectors to USB type c in 2019:
    http://www.patentlyapple.com/patentl...9-iphones.html

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Big if true. Usb c is the best.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Google Maps and Waze available on CarPlay on iOS12. Finally I can buy an iPhone!
    That's sweet. I always use Google Maps over Apple, and now I won't have to look at my phone if it works natively with CarPlay.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Apple's adoption of Type-C in its iPhones will accelerate other smartphone companies' adoption of the interface in their products, the sources indicated. The popularity of Type-C interface among handsets will still depend on the adoption in Apple's iPhones, nevertheless, the sources said.
    Is that a Apple fanboy site? Which Flagship phone doesn't have Type-C since 2016/17?

Is that a Apple fanboy site? Which Flagship phone doesn't have Type-C since 2016/17?
    It's a very odd article. It says this right below, contradicting itself:

Samsung's Galaxy S9 smartphone uses USB Type-C as well as most Android smartphones.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Counter point:

https://gizmodo.com/this-usb-c-iphon...uch-1826768618

TLDR, USB C add nothing technically over Lightling, especially on the lax certification front. Everybody know USB C cables for laptop charger is a shit show right now.

Apple isn't going to just walk away from the MFi program and left that much $ on the table.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

If anything its gunna be USB-C with USB-A being nixed on all the cables.

Ha ha, I have two original iPads at work. Holy shit are they ever slow now. Also they're incredibly heavy.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

TLDR, USB C add nothing technically over Lightling, especially on the lax certification front. Everybody know USB C cables for laptop charger is a shit show right now.
    Everything USB C can run over lighting as well, from PD charging to high transfer rates. It’s a superior format that is strictly controlled and stable, much easier to use without looking/in the dark, but unfortunately Apple only.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    NC1

Anker cables are cheap, work great and durable. No problems yet.

I think as long as the cable is omnidirectional like lighting/USB-C already are, people probably don't much care what it is since they perform the exact same. Micro USB was good because you could find cables anywhere, but it was annoying having to plug them in a certain way. Personally I'd rather just see fast charging plugs/cables included without having to buy expensive accessories - Apple is one of the only major companies still not including those with their high end phones, if not the only one. $1200 for an iPad and the included charger is so slow you can't even use the iPad while charging haha.

Counter point:

https://gizmodo.com/this-usb-c-iphon...uch-1826768618

Apple isn't going to just walk away from the MFi program and left that much $ on the table.
    Good points being made here... would be odd for Apple to drop it after only 7 years and especially considering how they like to control everything. Rumour seems like bullshit

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    $1200 for an iPad and the included charger is so slow you can't even use the iPad while charging haha.
    This can't be true. I have an iPad Pro and it comes with a 10W charger, which is the fastest USB can handle. Sure it's slower than USB-C PD, but I've always charge and use my iPad Pro without issues, and end up with full charge after a couple hours from 0%. I actually just did that on my 24 hour flight and kept it juiced up while watching movies over BT. Maybe if it was charging at 5W I could see that happening.

Good points being made here... would be odd for Apple to drop it after only 7 years and especially considering how they like to control everything. Rumour seems like bullshit
    The rumor's been around for a couple years already. Started when the MacBook went with a single USB-C port.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I have a few different theories...

Foxconn is manufacturing the Pixel 3 this year, maybe the 'leaked' USB-C part photos aren't destined for an iPhone.

Or maybe they are just doing a more widespread conversion to USB-C on the charger side, not the phone side, that would also make sense.

Or maybe since all their MacBooks use USB-C, they are switching for increased cross compatibility (though that is not very Apple-like).

They'd also have to re-do the Apple pencil if they went USB-C, but rumor is a new one is coming out with the next line of iPad Pro's anyway. If those come first, that would be a good indication.

Or maybe Apple just wants everyone to have to re-buy all their accessories or submit to purchasing an adapter haha, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This can't be true. I have an iPad Pro and it comes with a 10W charger, which is the fastest USB can handle. Sure it's slower than USB-C PD, but I've always charge and use my iPad Pro without issues, and end up with full charge after a couple hours from 0%. I actually just did that on my 24 hour flight and kept it juiced up while watching movies over BT. Maybe if it was charging at 5W I could see that happening.
    My iPad Pro definitely drops charge while in use if charging with the included charger. It will gain charge in use when it's charging from one of my Aukey blocks. A quick google search suggests lots of people find either the charge doesn't budge, or it goes down, when in use with the stock charger. In fact when I first got it, I thought my charger was defective which was one of the reasons I bought a third party block. Also a full charge takes something like 5 hours, it's pretty brutal.

It could be a battery protection thing, sometimes batteries cannot be charged at certain rates if they are also being discharged or are a certain temperature.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

My iPad Pro definitely drops charge while in use if charging with the included charger. It will gain charge in use when it's charging from one of my Aukey blocks. A quick google search suggests lots of people find either the charge doesn't budge, or it goes down, when in use with the stock charger. In fact when I first got it, I thought my charger was defective which was one of the reasons I bought a third party block. Also a full charge takes something like 5 hours, it's pretty brutal.

It could be a battery protection thing, sometimes batteries cannot be charged at certain rates if they are also being discharged or are a certain temperature.
    It's Apple knowing you were buying it. Gave you the special iPad Pro where the 10W charger is modified with 5W guts just to fuck with you haha. The charge time sounds right for you, it's roughly 2-3h for me to go full charge on an iPad Pro with the included charger, exactly double your speed.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's Apple knowing you were buying it. Gave you the special iPad Pro where the 10W charger is modified with 5W guts just to fuck with you haha. The charge time sounds right, it's roughly 3h for me to go full charge on an iPad Pro with the included charger.
    Haha maybe, I don't know. Anyways it's not a big deal because all the cheap third party chargers charge it much faster. I just leave the stock charger and cable in the box. Quite happy with it other than that and will probably by the next Pro this Fall or whenever.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Haha maybe, I don't know. Anyways it's not a big deal because all the cheap third party chargers charge it much faster. I just leave the stock charger and cable in the box. Quite happy with it other than that and will probably by the next Pro this Fall or whenever.
    I pretty much use USB-C PD on it exclusively now. Full charge in a little over an hour from 0.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I use my iPad everyday connected to a 6ft cable and the stock charger. watch movies, surf, play games. It never goes under 100% haha

The only time it goes on battery is when I take it out of my house or take it to the shitter. haha

Page 58 of 193 FirstFirst ... 48 57 58 59 68 ... LastLast