Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 105 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 105 of 193 FirstFirst ... 95 104 105 106 115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    V8s

So my XS max is the first iPhone I've ever owned (used nexus/pixel phones for a number of years, and other android before that)... but I think the double click to use apple pay is perfect. Maybe it's because I hadn't become accustomed to a different way of doing it on older phones, but it's great IMO.

Aside from that, usability with no home button is nearly identical to my Pixel 3 with the latest version of android. Everything looks and feels nearly exactly the same. The only thing I miss is gesture control for going back. It works as a part of instagram on iOS, but I had that same functionality across any app on my pixel and it was great.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So my XS max is the first iPhone I've ever owned (used nexus/pixel phones for a number of years, and other android before that)... but I think the double click to use apple pay is perfect. Maybe it's because I hadn't become accustomed to a different way of doing it on older phones, but it's great IMO.
    The old way was to rest your finger on the home button/Touch ID. Move the phone towards payment, and phone detects a payment request which would read the fingerprint and approve it all in one swift motion. Basically, you're just holding the phone in a specific way for it to be 100% seamless.

Now you have to hold phone, double click the motherfucker without dropping the phone (especially if you have a Max), and look at the screen, then move it over the payment terminal.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

See I prefer the current system because touchid was like 40% COS on my previous iPhones.

Faceid is about 95%. I use Apple Pay a bunch.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The old way was to rest your finger on the home button/Touch ID. Move the phone towards payment, and phone detects a payment request which would read the fingerprint and approve it all in one swift motion. Basically, you're just holding the phone in a specific way for it to be 100% seamless.

Now you have to hold phone, double click the motherfucker without dropping the phone (especially if you have a Max), and look at the screen, then move it over the payment terminal.
    Well that's fucking stupid.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
    Yup. Consequence of going with facial recognition. I see why Apple didn't make it detect NFC and automatically scan the face, because that could open up a vulnerability where I pass a payment terminal near your phone while you're looking at it, and it makes a payment. Also, for intended payments, you would have to line up your face with the phone when it detects NFC, which is close to the terminal, making you look like an idiot with your face looking into the payment terminal.

Really, there's no good solution with Face ID. Hopefully one day they bring back finger prints. I pay 90% on Apple Pay these days.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

For some reason I always hold my phone with my thumb over the lock button.

Double tapping home versus double tapping side button seems like 6 of one half dozen another to me.

What I remember Apple Pay being with TouchID was, pull out phone. Double tap home, doesn’t authenticate. Try again, still doesn’t authenticate. Apologize to store clerk for looking like an ass. Revert to 6 digit passcode. Fuck that up because you are flustered. Repeat. Get pissed off. Pull out physical Visa card and tap. Have everyone laugh at you for living in the year 2067.

I can live with double tapping the side button and looking at my phone lol.
    Last edited by killramos; 11-05-2019 at 08:19 AM.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    For some reason I always hold my phone with my thumb over the lock button.

Double tapping home versus double tapping side button seems like 6 of one half dozen another to me.

What I remember Apple Pay being with TouchID was, pull out phone. Double tap home, doesn’t authenticate. Try again, still doesn’t authenticate. Apologize to store clerk for looking like an ass. Revert to 6 digit passcode. Fuck that up because you are flustered. Repeat. Get pissed off. Pull out physical Visa card and tap. Have everyone laugh at you for living in the year 2067.

I can live with double tapping the side button and looking at my phone lol.
    So you were doing it right, but also wrong. Holding it with thumb on button, got that part down. With Touch ID, you can but don't need to double tap home button to trigger Apple Pay. Apple Pay is triggered by having your phone right at the terminal, at which point it's ready for Touch ID authentication without any additional user interaction. Your issues with Touch ID not reading fingerprint can be addressed fairly easily. Make sure you save a fingerprint when your fingers are dry, wet, moisturized, and it will never fail.

Face ID always needs a double tap even if you hover over the terminal to trigger Apple Pay. It'll force a double tap to enabled a Face ID scan.

My Ride
    V8s

Haha he's just making it seem way harder than it is.

It's just as easy for me to hit the lock button as it is the home button, my face id works perfectly, and I don't have small hands. Double click without dropping, come on

I will concede that being able to do it without looking at the phone at all would be nice. Just pull it out of your pocket and hold it over the terminal.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

TIL that Apple Pay is triggered by being near a payment terminal. Dunno whether I have always pre empted it or just never noticed.

fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It's just as easy for me to hit the lock button as it is the home button, my face id works perfectly, and I don't have small hands. Double click without dropping, come on

I will concede that being able to do it without looking at the phone at all would be nice. Just pull it out of your pocket and hold it over the terminal.
    Once you've been doing it by just holding the phone the right way and swiping it over the terminal, the description I've given for Face ID isn't an exaggeration. It's just that big of a difference.

My Ride
    Exploded.

I do miss the fingerprint to activate Apple Pay but I got used to the double tap of the side button. It does make things awkward.

Maybe a touch-sensitive screen instead of a home button? That would be dope.

Or steal Android's fingerpint scanner in the back of the phone lol. Apple logo fingerprint scanner

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Joining Apple Pay years after it's been in production, would provide the naivete perspective that what you've recently learned is the best.

Candidly, the previous method was much easier. Hold the phone with finger on the home button, and its seamless. Holding it, double-click, validate my Face Id, and then aim for RFID transmission, is fucking cumbersome.

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post

Or steal Android's fingerpint scanner in the back of the phone lol. Apple logo fingerprint scanner
    Yep, they should.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    V8s

Joining Apple Pay years after it's been in production, would provide the naivete perspective that what you've recently learned is the best.

Candidly, the previous method was much easier. Hold the phone with finger on the home button, and its seamless. Holding it, double-click, validate my Face Id, and then aim for RFID transmission, is fucking cumbersome.
    Haha yeah sounds like I'm better off having never experienced the other one. Ignorance is bliss.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Well finally got my EarPods (had them shipped and they only showed up yesterday)

The noise cancelling without any of the headgear to go along with it is eery when the noise cancelling is on. It is pretty solid cancelling.

Comfort is great for me, pretty sure I would need to get hit by a car for one to fall out involuntarily.

The squeeze gesture is admittedly not as good as tap. Will miss that for sure.

Transparency mode gives you super human hearing, great if you want to hear a convo 2 offices down lol. Very unnatural though.

Music sounds great, the in-ear + noise cancelling just makes it all sound better even if the drivers are no better.

Pretty happy with them for sure.
    Last edited by killramos; 11-07-2019 at 09:20 AM.

fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Transparency mode gives you super human hearing, great if you want to hear a convo 2 offices down lol. Very unnatural though.
    This. Maybe it's time for hearing aid for this old man haha.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea I feel like transparency mode is a good glimpse into the future lol

fact.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Another bonus. Totally can’t hear my desk phone with these on. Awesome.

fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Another bonus. Totally can’t hear my desk phone with these on. Awesome.
    I was testing them at the game on Tuesday. Even with soft quiet music (Clapton Unplugged) playing I couldn't hear shit. Felt the bass from the noise of the game/music there tho haha.

I have a feeling they'll work well on a plane. Will report back tomorrow.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Name:  C77E3943-923E-4ED6-ACD8-C6D1751FB765.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  69.6 KB

AirPods Pro vs Studio 3 on a plane. See you in 12 hours.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Cheap seats ^
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Page 105 of 193 FirstFirst ... 95 104 105 106 115 ... LastLast