Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 114 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 114 of 193 FirstFirst ... 104 113 114 115 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I have a hard time believing that processor specs are a significant factor in how the vast majority of people buy phones.

Still I agree this thing will sell like hot cakes. I see a ton of people around without the new X style phones (X XS XR 11 11Pro). I think most people are sick of the price point of apples flagships, but still want iPhones.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Part of the reason why people care about the processor specs is that it's more efficient and will yield better battery life, with the same sized battery. It's also less screen to render, so everything should be incredibly snappy. Andriod fanboys loved the value proposition of their phones, and this SE takes it all away.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I'm blown away at how Android fans are flocking to switch to this phone because of price and performance. Everyone is praising apple, WTF world do we live in? I didn't realize that the Android mid market priced themselves out and Apple just pulled the rug on everyone. Not to mention the A13 is way faster than any Android flagship.

Apple probably will make a lot less money on this phone at $399, but they sure will gain market share in the mid market, and decimate the Android competition during a pandemic when they're already struggling to survive. RIP OnePlus.

Still sucks to be Canadian at $599 though.

Even with shitty conversion, it's the 1st time ever that Apple sells a phone cheaper than the complete Oneplus lineup. And the upcoming Pixel 4a at the same price but with mid tier spec? who would buy one?

I want to pick one up because it's a damn good camera for the price. Especially there is nothing in Android world regardless of price and beat Apple's video recording performance.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 04-16-2020 at 01:07 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Looks like I’ll have some new blue bubble friends!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Whats with the random restarting while sleeping? I'll have my MacBook Pro go to sleep and then after a certain amount of time, it will just restart. (Lid is closed) Then it will go to sleep again and randomly restart again at some point. This pattern continues until I use the computer.

Not really a huge deal. I did some googling and found that many people have this problem. Just trying a few troubleshooting measures now.
    Last edited by 16hypen3sp; 04-24-2020 at 04:42 AM.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    Whats with the random restarting while sleeping? I'll have my MacBook Pro go to sleep and then after a certain amount of time, it will just restart. (Lid is closed) Then it will go to sleep again and randomly restart again at some point. This pattern continues until I use the computer.

Not really a huge deal. I did some googling and found that many people have this problem. Just trying a few troubleshooting measures now.
    This happens to me every Thursday night. Thought it was some policy at work doing updates, they say it’s not. Must be some sort of misbehaving app somewhere.

I also have google file stream being a piece of shit, if that’s running it’ll crash the whole OS throughout the day. I have over a TB of files shared with me so guessing it’s related to how big your google drive is. It’s only happening to people with lots of files.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

It has to do with the hibernation mode, though I don't know what triggers it to wake up all the time. I had this problem too and changed it from the default mode and now it stays asleep until I open the lid.

You want to set it to 25.

https://www.lifewire.com/change-mac-...ttings-2260804

My Ride
    Exploded.

iPhone 12 2021? People are unloading their 11 Pros...

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    iPhone 12 2021? People are unloading their 11 Pros...
    right now, the rumor is 3 iPhone 12s will arrive on time in 2020 with smaller notch.

What is delayed is mmWave 5G version that will be in 2021. So the 3 released in Sep won't support all 5G networks out there.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Ah good to know! Looks like I'll be waiting for 2021 release, or try and snipe a gud deel 11 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    right now, the rumor is 3 iPhone 12s will arrive on time in 2020 with smaller notch.

What is delayed is mmWave 5G version that will be in 2021. So the 3 released in Sep won't support all 5G networks out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post

any word on whether Canadian carriers' 5G implementations will be mmWave? Would be kinda shitty to get a "5G phone" yet can't even use 5G.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

My understanding is rural 5G is mmwave, the 2020 iPhones will support the urban bands.

Presumably all carriers in Canada will eventually have both. But you will probably replace your 2020 iPhone before it’s rolled out in any significant fashion in Alberta.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    It has to do with the hibernation mode, though I don't know what triggers it to wake up all the time. I had this problem too and changed it from the default mode and now it stays asleep until I open the lid.

You want to set it to 25.

https://www.lifewire.com/change-mac-...ttings-2260804
    I had a similar problem, but in sleep mode. Turns out notifications wake up the system (maybe it does in hibernation mode too?)

If I have music playing and I activate sleep mode it still turns on all my monitors, pops up the name of the track in a notification then turns them back off.

I used DND mode to stop it overnight as my current home office is in my master bedroom and the flickering monitors got annoying.
    ---

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Apple releases the new 13" Macbook Pro with the Magic Keyboard.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15760...13-macbook-pro

Prices:
    https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/buy-ma...ok-pro/13-inch

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Apple releases the new 13" Macbook Pro with the Magic Keyboard.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15760...13-macbook-pro

Prices:
    https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/buy-ma...ok-pro/13-inch
    Looks like they dropped the prices a little on the base MBP which still has the old processors. You need to go to the 4 port model to get the 10th gen processors. My exact config from last year (base 8th gen i5, 16GB ram, 256gb storage) dropped almost $400.

The updated MBA i5 is the sweet spot for price/performance. 10th gen i5 quad core (lower clock than MBP), 256gb storage, 8gb ram for $1300 thru edu pricing. That's what I got for the kids.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Looks like they dropped the prices a little on the base MBP which still has the old processors. You need to go to the 4 port model to get the 10th gen processors. My exact config from last year (base 8th gen i5, 16GB ram, 256gb storage) dropped almost $400.

The updated MBA i5 is the sweet spot for price/performance. 10th gen i5 quad core (lower clock than MBP), 256gb storage, 8gb ram for $1300 thru edu pricing. That's what I got for the kids.
    Yeah, they really outdid themselves with the MBA this year in terms of price and performance. Not even sure if I need to consider a MBP with those specs for just a web browsing/streaming machine.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

My only comment on spec’ing down macs is I find the user experience and lifespan of the devices really starts to suffer unless you throw some horsepower at them.

I’ve never regretting bumping to the next spec tier up on my macs. But I have definitely regretting cheaping out on others when they are unusually slow after 6 months.

fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yeah, they really outdid themselves with the MBA this year in terms of price and performance. Not even sure if I need to consider a MBP with those specs for just a web browsing/streaming machine.
    Considering I’m using my 2015 12” MacBook at home for just browsing, the MBA is more than fine haha. I didn’t even want to buy the MBA, but the original core M can’t handle google meet even though it does zoom just fine.

Really wish the 12” got updated instead of discontinued, the size and weight is perfect for frequent travel.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    My only comment on spec’ing down macs is I find the user experience and lifespan of the devices really starts to suffer unless you throw some horsepower at them.

I’ve never regretting bumping to the next spec tier up on my macs. But I have definitely regretting cheaping out on others when they are unusually slow after 6 months.
    I’m surprised at how well my 12” launch MacBook has fared. I even used it last year for recording kids baseball games with an external webcam, and live edited and airdropped play clips for parents on site. Almost enough battery to last a double header too. Long story short google meet is terrible.

Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    rally pig

The Dell XPS 13 is on sale right now with similar spec (maybe better as it's running i5 10210U) at 1300.

Been using an old MBP as daily computer for the past 3-4 weeks and I like it.
    Mac OS UI definitely feels more polished than Windows making browsing and launching an app more pleasant whereas on Windows always felt like a chore haha.

Thinking of trying a MBA later on when I'm really really bored.

Page 114 of 193 FirstFirst ... 104 113 114 115 124 ... LastLast