Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 20 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 20 of 193 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    Grimace

It isn't just us, looks like large price increases in all regions even the US (Up $200 for non touchbar)

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea just checked the education pricing, 200-250 (6.7%-7.2%) discount on the 15" if you can swing an education discount. Barely takes the edge off though, no matter what if you decide to go with one of these you are going feel some pain.

Fuck, I wanted to get away from windows so bad. I don't even think I can justify this over a 4-5 year use cycle.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    This and that.

Prior to going the MacBook route, I was literally buying a new Window's laptop every year in university. I got a MacBook Pro in 2009 and I am still using that to this day. I don't use it any different than what I did with the PC's, if anything less work now as I don't do school work anymore.

I upgraded the RAM and changed the battery once. Had bought it for $1400 back then and when I tried to sell it on Kijiji at $450 a couple of months ago, I was getting reasonable offers. I decided to pull it as there is nothing wrong with it and my want of a new was unreasonable considering the fact that it works perfectly. We got one for the wife instead as her PC was crap. I will use mine until it dies and then upgrade.

More or less same story with my 5 year old iMac. It's a mid 2011 version and I upgraded the RAM and works great. Wasn't cheap of course. Anyway, long story short; they are expensive however for the amount they lasted for me at least, worth it.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Don't worry I am in the exact same boat as you, used my MacBook Pro for some of high school, all of university, and a few years after that. End of the day if I went and plugged it in it would turn right on. They are solid machines. I have had my iMac for about 5 years now, and it's still very solid even for games. Startup has gotten slow because the system processes are so reliant on and optimized for SSD's now by once it's going it's a workhorse. Tried a windows computer again for the last year and it's honestly the same problems with windows and drivers that had me go to macs in the first place.

My problem is these new fuckers are about double the price of my last two mac's, dropping almost 4 large on a laptop is crack money. I bet they sell a ton of the 1,900 dollar model for those people who have to have the latest thing, under 2k you can more easily justify things. But the 15? I have a feeling during their next mac release they nerf it saying "for some reason no one bought them anymore".

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

Can't even plug in your iphone to the MBP without an adapter, that has me perplexed.

I'm curious how much of Apple's revenue comes from adapters/cables.

I've had the iPhone7 for 2 weeks now, and I have to say.... I wish I didn't upgrade from the iPhone6.

Speed wise, feels exactly the same... and there has been numerous cases where I forgot the headphone adapter. Once was on a flight, which was a royal pain in the ass not being able to use my noise cancelling headphones. Pretty tempted to sell this and get the Pixel.

Oh, and guess what, you can't plug your lightning adapter headphones into anything but your phone. I have a Bloomberg keyboard at work, thought I'd plug in headphones and listen to news in the background w/o bugging other people in the office... can't.

The more I think about it, the headphone issue alone will make me switch to Google.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Considering you would need to buy 80 adapters (assuming the most expensive 50 dollar adapter) to equal one 4000 dollar laptop. Or 20 for a thousand dollar iPhone.

I'm thinking not that much

fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Super_Geo
    I've had the iPhone7 for 2 weeks now, and I have to say.... I wish I didn't upgrade from the iPhone6.

Speed wise, feels exactly the same... and there has been numerous cases where I forgot the headphone adapter. Once was on a flight, which was a royal pain in the ass not being able to use my noise cancelling headphones. Pretty tempted to sell this and get the Pixel.

Oh, and guess what, you can't plug your lightning adapter headphones into anything but your phone. I have a Bloomberg keyboard at work, thought I'd plug in headphones and listen to news in the background w/o bugging other people in the office... can't.

The more I think about it, the headphone issue alone will make me switch to Google.
    Don't forget your headphone adapter, or switch to wireless. Seriously, next gen of phones are all going to drop the 3.5mm plug. Wired headphones are just a stop gap for a generation or 2 (lightning or usb-c).
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by Super_Geo

I went from a 6 (not 6S) to a 7 and i noticed a significant speed difference. It's just blazing fast.

Not familiar with a bloomberg keyboard... does it have a lightning female input? Why would it have that?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I went from 6 plus to 7 plus and the speed difference is huge.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by benyl
    I went from 6 plus to 7 plus and the speed difference is huge.
    This for me as well...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Bicycle

What's the chances that Apple will drop lightning next year and go USB-C across all devices like MacBook?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I would bet on that happening. Although, it USB-C thin enough?

Will Apple be courageous enough to go to a non Apple standard?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by benyl

Will Apple be courageous enough to go to a non Apple standard?
    Unless Apple likes to keep throwing in USB-C dongles in every EU iDevice sold starting next year.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Apple drops prices on all of it's USB-C Adapters.

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/11/04/...sb-c-adapters/

Standard USB-C to USB3 adapter now 9 USD.

- USB-C to USB Adapter - Was $19, now $9
    - Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter - Was $49, now $29
    - USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter - Was $69, now $49
    - USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter - Was $69, now $49
    - USB-C to Lightning Cable (1m) - Was $25, now $19
    - USB-C to Lightning Cable (2m) - Was $35, now $29
    Actually some pretty big cuts in the grand scheme of things, enough outcry and maybe we can get another few hundred off the mbp? /dreaming

fact.

Originally posted by Xtrema
    What's the chances that Apple will drop lightning next year and go USB-C across all devices like MacBook?
    Correct me if I am wrong but the main reason they have a proprietary connector is to be able to sell the "Made for iPhone" license you see stamped on every iPhone accessory box. My understanding was that if they used an open standard like USB-C or Micro USB they would not be able to sell that license.

They make a ton off the license so if my understanding is correct, I don't see them switching to USB-C.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Anddd they have dropped the prices on their new LG partnered displays as well...

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/11/04/...jor-price-cut/

25% price drop a week out from release.

Maybe my hope of price drops of the MacBooks themselves isn't so off base

fact.

My Ride
    Trucks

Apple is now fixing the touch diseased iPhone 6 for $149 instead of the previous $300+.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

My 6 is fucked. Won't be touching it, and it's opening apps and shit as though I am. Tried a fresh restore and nothing. Anyone else have this problem? Is the digitizer fucked?

My iphone 6 siri has gone deaf and my battery refuses to charge above 97%. Both seem to be hardware based rather than software based, but they did coincide with the new update. Of course my phones applecare just expired two weeks ago too... Almost as if the product is designed to break immediately there after to force you into an upgrade.

Anyone been to The Stem (not a head shop ) in bowness? Has really good reviews for repair, but are on the more expensive side for aftermarket support. I would upgrade, but trying to stand strong and wait for next Septembers release.

Page 20 of 193 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 30 ... LastLast