Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 95 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 95 of 192 FirstFirst ... 85 94 95 96 105 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 3838

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    rally pig

This is the first time I'm actually considering getting Apple Care+
    Wife and I never had any issues with any of our Iphones or Ipads but seeing how OS dependendant these new devices are and how buggy they are even when released, for peace of mind I'm thinking of getting it for the 11Pro.

Interface and FaceID seems to be fast again on the 11Pro vs the X, however I'm still noticing some black screens on the camera app, mostly when switching from photo to portrait mode.

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone know if I can still buy an XS at the store? They're not on the website, only older ones are XR and iphone 8 haha.

I'm not too thrilled about buying a phone on kijiji so if I can't find a beyonder to sell me an XS, I might just wind up with an 11/11 pro.

Edit: to buy an XS at the apple store is only $80 cheaper than the comparable 11. Not worth it to buy the old one at that price.
    I have a XS Max 256 GB Gold in Mint condition. It doesn't have Apple care. Since day one it had screen Protector and always in a Phone case as well. All the accessories that came with the phone are still in the box untouched.

For a Beyonder I will sell it for $900 for that price I will also throw in the PITAKA CF slim Case - Black/Red(Twill).
    If you are interested PM me
    Last edited by ganesh; 09-21-2019 at 12:18 PM.

My Ride
    Ram

Does anyone on here want a bnib 11pro max 256GB Space grey before I return it? i think theyre sold out till late Oct. I`ll sell it for what i paid. PM ME
    Last edited by Sorath; 09-21-2019 at 01:03 PM.

anyone cucked by rogers?

I preordered the 11 pro max in green. They're not sending it until the last week of october with an estimated delivery of around nov1.

went to cancel it and buy it elsewhere, but they stated they will not give my old plan back.

went to cancel services entirely, but they can't because of a pending hardware upgrade.

My Ride
    an econo box

Quote Originally Posted by Dalking View Post
    anyone cucked by rogers?

I preordered the 11 pro max in green. They're not sending it until the last week of october with an estimated delivery of around nov1.

went to cancel it and buy it elsewhere, but they stated they will not give my old plan back.

went to cancel services entirely, but they can't because of a pending hardware upgrade.
    Crap like that is why I pony up the cash and buy my phones outright directly from the manufacturer. I don't want any carrier involvement with my device itself.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Sorath View Post
    Does anyone on here want a bnib 11pro max 256GB Space grey before I return it? i think theyre sold out till late Oct. I`ll sell it for what i paid. PM ME
    Not sold out. It’s in stock at market and chinook. Might as well return it.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    This is the first time I'm actually considering getting Apple Care+
    Wife and I never had any issues with any of our Iphones or Ipads but seeing how OS dependendant these new devices are and how buggy they are even when released, for peace of mind I'm thinking of getting it for the 11Pro.

Interface and FaceID seems to be fast again on the 11Pro vs the X, however I'm still noticing some black screens on the camera app, mostly when switching from photo to portrait mode.
    I never got applecare before but i paid the price this summer, took my x to the pool for some pics and the thing got wet and fried the screen and needed some motherboard repair. $750 for the repair!
    I sucked it up and got applecare on the 11 pro

FYI for anyone taking the x swimming, the water proof coating or whatever it is can wear off. I was in chest deep water and my phone was in my pocket for maybe 5 minutes before it died
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    I never got applecare before but i paid the price this summer, took my x to the pool for some pics and the thing got wet and fried the screen and needed some motherboard repair. $750 for the repair!
    I sucked it up and got applecare on the 11 pro

FYI for anyone taking the x swimming, the water proof coating or whatever it is can wear off. I was in chest deep water and my phone was in my pocket for maybe 5 minutes before it died
    Also even though the phone is water resistant rated, if it does get damaged by water it's not covered under warranty. They use the water sensors to determine if it's water damage.

I bought AppleCare so I can film underwater lol.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Also even though the phone is water resistant rated, if it does get damaged by water it's not covered under warranty. They use the water sensors to determine if it's water damage.

I bought AppleCare so I can film underwater lol.
    I didnt even know the x had any sensors for water, i sold my x over the weekend and the guy was looking for the sensors and he couldnt find it and i told him the phones waterproof so they probably dont have any lol

So with applecare im covered for any water damage for 2 years right? if yes i cant wait either lol
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

AppleCare doesn't cover water damage for 2 years. It lets you invoke the 2x out of warranty repair for $130 or whatever over the course of 2 years. It's still considered out of warranty, just a hell of a lot cheaper than $750.

I use my phone underwater extensively on vacation every summer. I've had the XS fail on me shortly after last year, touch screen had some dead zones. They checked and it didn't trigger water sensors so paid nothing for the repair. With that said, no clue if it was even water related failure.

End of the day, everyone wins. AppleCare + Out of Warranty repair costs probably pay for the actual raw costs of the phone to Apple, and with the silly markup of repairs, you feel like you're getting a deal.

Updated my X to iOS 13 last night. Anyone else noticing weird issues with Mail such as unread email count notification showing the wrong number?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Updated my X to iOS 13 last night. Anyone else noticing weird issues with Mail such as unread email count notification showing the wrong number?
    Yeah I just force close Mail and then open it again. Only happened once (so far).

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Mail is definitely buggy. No showstoppers yet, but my biggest issue is clicking on a mail notification and it just goes to the main mail screen.

Unreads, counts, mark as read have been ok for me. Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

iOS 13.1 mail is considerably better. Wait for that release as 13.0 is bad in several different stock apps. I believe Apple is pushing 13.1 this week as opposed to next week like planned.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yea it's supposed to be out tomorrow.

My Ride
    Ram

really like the new dark format

iPad OS is out today - haven't had time to play with it yet though. Hope it's not as buggy as iOS 13.0...

I've also had a lot of App-Store freezes/crashes on whatever the latest iOS 12 is so I hope that is resolved.

I thought iOS 13.1 was supposed to be released today....was that postponed?

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    I thought iOS 13.1 was supposed to be released today....was that postponed?
    It's still scheduled for today - you should be seeing it.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

It's installing on my iPhone and iPad right now.

Page 95 of 192 FirstFirst ... 85 94 95 96 105 ... LastLast