Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 61 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 61 of 193 FirstFirst ... 51 60 61 62 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

As I suspected it was the cable - the Apple USB-C to Lightning will fast charge the iPad Pro with my third party PD charger. Started at 38% charge, ~32-33W to 55-60% and it was still taking ~27W at 67% when I unplugged it. The battery life is so good that these tests are annoying

The $25 Apple cable is flimsy junk though, I don't see it lasting more than a few months of use. If they swap them out when they break then that's fine I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

The $25 Apple cable is flimsy junk though, I don't see it lasting more than a few months of use. If they swap them out when they break then that's fine I guess.
    They won't swap them out for cosmetic stuff (i.e. fraying on the lightning end that ALWAYS happens). Save yourself the time / embarrassment of asking :P

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    They won't swap them out for cosmetic stuff (i.e. fraying on the lightning end that ALWAYS happens). Save yourself the time / embarrassment of asking :P
    Damn, that sucks. I read earlier in this thread that they just swap them out because they don't have serial numbers and can't be tracked but maybe they don't until it's fully broken.

I have some OEM cables that I have used only a handful of times, and I can already see stress marks in the housings near each end. All my $10 third party cables look brand new after years of daily use.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Based on latest rumors, the new iPhones and iPad Pros are getting bundled with a USB-C fast charger. My iPad Pro isn't that old, maybe 9 months?

USB-C PD is the shit. It's all I ever use to charge, except overnight charges where I use the 12W to preserve battery life. I've even upgraded my portable battery bank with PD to fast charge when travelling. Shit's amazing.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Does this charge your AirPods? I’ve heard they don’t charge from other battery banks, due to too much power for such a low requirement.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
    Does this charge your AirPods? I’ve heard they don’t charge from other battery banks, due to too much power for such a low requirement.
    Yea it does. USB PD doesn’t just provide high power quick charge. It starts off low, negotiates, and ramps up as it ensures it’s supported. There’s also 2 normal USB charging ports as well that charges just fine.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    rally pig

AirPods still the best 'inexpensive' wireless earphones for Iphones?
    Don't really want to travel with wired earphones anymore and don't want a bulky BT headset, AirPods the best option other than the knock-off chinese made ones?
    Hows the battery life after months/years of use?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    Don't really want to travel with wired earphones anymore and don't want a bulky BT headset, AirPods the best option other than the knock-off chinese made ones?
    AirPods are terrible for flights as it doesn't eliminate *any* ambient noise. Can barely hear anything through them.

I travel with a pair of Beats Studio 3's for flights (24h of use on a charge) and AirPods for everything else not on a plane. I use my AirPods 2-3h a day on weekdays, battery life has been pretty steady except for the right airpod. The right one seems to go low battery 5-10 mins before the left now. I've never had it completely die off so not sure if that's a difference in actual battery life, or when warning comes on.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My piece of garbage Apple USB-C - Lightning cable is broken after ~5 uses. I hadn't even taken the cardboard off of it yet. It has to be held just right inside the device to work at all, and seems to only want to allow 30W at random (I have to plug and unplug several times and position the cable just right). If I just bring it into the Apple store will they swap it for me? Or do I need to bring all of my stuff with me to demonstrate?

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Yea it does. USB PD doesn’t just provide high power quick charge. It starts off low, negotiates, and ramps up as it ensures it’s supported. There’s also 2 normal USB charging ports as well that charges just fine.
    Yeah I'm gonna buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    Don't buy it for noise cancellation, or for the best sound quality -- buy it for the easy of convenience. They are pretty slick to connect to.

AirPods are terrible for flights as it doesn't eliminate *any* ambient noise. Can barely hear anything through them.

I travel with a pair of Beats Studio 3's for flights (24h of use on a charge) and AirPods for everything else not on a plane. I use my AirPods 2-3h a day on weekdays, battery life has been pretty steady except for the right airpod. The right one seems to go low battery 5-10 mins before the left now. I've never had it completely die off so not sure if that's a difference in actual battery life, or when warning comes on.
    Yeah I think that's how AirPods are built, with the right one dying earlier. So as you're never without one.

My piece of garbage Apple USB-C - Lightning cable is broken after ~5 uses. I hadn't even taken the cardboard off of it yet. It has to be held just right inside the device to work at all, and seems to only want to allow 30W at random (I have to plug and unplug several times and position the cable just right). If I just bring it into the Apple store will they swap it for me? Or do I need to bring all of my stuff with me to demonstrate?
    Lol jesus, you have tough luck with Apple stuff.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

My piece of garbage Apple USB-C - Lightning cable is broken after ~5 uses.
    Quote Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
    Lol jesus, you have tough luck with Apple stuff.
    I'm surprised he made it to 5 uses.

Don't you guys get your cables swapped all the time? Do I just bring it into any Apple store by itself?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Don't you guys get your cables swapped all the time? Do I just bring it into any Apple store by itself?
    All the time? No. I've done it twice in however many years I've owned Apple products.

But yea, bring it in, show receipt and you're good to go. I have all my purchases tracked on my account so I don't need a physical receipt.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I've swapped 3 cables in the last 10 years. So no, not all the time. What's nice about AppleCare is that all my cables get grandfathered into the latest device that has AppleCare.

People say its a rip off, but I have had it pay off on all my devices.

My Ride
    rally pig

+1
    since the Iphone 5, I recall throwing away only 3 apple lightning cables but then we basically have 2-3 lightning cables in each room of our house.
    I've reinforced some of the cables by applying sugru on the ends though.

I might buy a BT noise cancelling headphone for travel then.
    I own a pair of these but hate the feeling of the cable on my neck
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

I was under the impression you guys did it more often, I was wrong I guess. At any rate, I'll bring it back to the store and see what they tell me, hopefully they just swap it. I have an electronic receipt.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I was under the impression you guys did it more often, I was wrong I guess. At any rate, I'll bring it back to the store and see what they tell me, hopefully they just swap it. I have an electronic receipt.
    We don't have our Apple products break as often as you, so I can see where you misunderstood haha.

We don't have our Apple products break as often as you, so I can see where you misunderstood haha.
    Fair point I don't have the greatest luck with them. I got Apple Care on the iPad Pro as well just in case but I guess that's getting replaced too in a month.

I still maintain their cables are garbage though, they feel like a limp string compared to an indestructible $10 Anker cable.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Fair point I don't have the greatest luck with them. I got Apple Care on the iPad Pro as well just in case but I guess that's getting replaced too in a month.

I still maintain their cables are garbage though, they feel like a limp string compared to an indestructible $10 Anker cable.
    Follow up on my own iPad Pro. Apparently I bent it. Had AC on it, and they replaced it. Man, Apple post-sale service is top-notch.

Name:  poster_large_2x.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  41.0 KB
    Next iPhone launch is on Sept. 12

Leaks/Rumor

3 Size
    6.1' iPhone 9 (LCD Screen)
    Storage: 64GB/256GB

Main focus: Camera for
    5.8" iPhone Xs (OLED Screen?)
    6.5" iPhone Xs Plus (OLED Screen?)
    Storage: 64GB/256GB/512GB

That's all I can find.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Perfect. Just in time for me to get an iPhone 8
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

Page 61 of 193 FirstFirst ... 51 60 61 62 71 ... LastLast