Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 121 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 121 of 192 FirstFirst ... 111 120 121 122 131 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 3838

Thread: Apple Thread

So unfortunately my X which is supposed to be water resistant died on me due to water damage this weekend. The screen was replaced 3 times during its life (all by Apple under warranty), so i'm pretty sure they didn't seal it properly when they did the work which ended up killing off any water resistivity. It wasn't submerged for a long time, but it was in my backpack which got pretty wet during rafting.

My Apple Care expired in March so I ended up having to pay $719 for a new one which sucked balls. I was going to go for an 11 Pro but figured i'd rather wait a couple of months for the new one instead and will either resell this or pass it down to my wife to replace her 8 Plus.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just apple cared my pros for the first time, have had them since January. I take great care of my stuff, I'm a little surprised they failed this quickly. Only the right one went, and they only replaced the right one (I was kinda hoping for a new set). Countdown is on til the left one goes.

Weird though, the apple employee that helped me out said every one she's seen it's only the right one that goes
    Mine were also all right ones to go. I think my last set the lefts were starting to go but it wasn’t noticeable yet.

My current set has been great. Longest lasting set and I’m using them way more because wfh.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    So unfortunately my X which is supposed to be water resistant died on me due to water damage this weekend. The screen was replaced 3 times during its life (all by Apple under warranty), so i'm pretty sure they didn't seal it properly when they did the work which ended up killing off any water resistivity. It wasn't submerged for a long time, but it was in my backpack which got pretty wet during rafting.

My Apple Care expired in March so I ended up having to pay $719 for a new one which sucked balls. I was going to go for an 11 Pro but figured i'd rather wait a couple of months for the new one instead and will either resell this or pass it down to my wife to replace her 8 Plus.
    I’ve had 2 phones die due to water damage. Both were used for underwater videos and failed a day later lol. It’s water resistant not water proof. I’m told I wasn’t supposed to do underwater videos with it.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I’ve had 2 phones die due to water damage. Both were used for underwater videos and failed a day later lol. It’s water resistant not water proof. I’m told I wasn’t supposed to do underwater videos with it.
    Yup, this was an expensive lesson for me

Although mine wasn't submerged under water, being in a pretty wet backpack apparently was apparently enough to do it in. I still blame it on the fact that it wasn't sealed properly when they last did work on it as i was even noticing the screen was never fully flush with the frame (maybe could be a shot battery that was starting to bulge too).

I really wish the monthly Apple Care existed back when i got this... i would have definitely continued it past the 2 year mark so this could've just been a $129 mistake instead of paying full price.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

There’s a monthly apple care now?

I got lucky on both my water damage. There was no water intrusion detected in the sim slot so it cost me nothing under Apple care.

Yup, was news to me as well. Apparently they are letting you extend existing plans now after 2 years into a monthly plan.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210580

Not sure if this was possible back in March but fuck would have been nice to get an email mentioning that my coverage was expiring and to give me an option to extend it.

I got lucky on both my water damage. There was no water intrusion detected in the sim slot so it cost me nothing under Apple care.
    When arranged through a carrier, yes its paid monthly.

Once i reach my two device replacement, i can cancel anytime.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    I read in passing something about the 12 being delayed into Oct.
    Depends on what "few" weeks means. Most likely late Oct delivery if Qualcomm rumors to be believed.

I read the lower end models will launch first with the "pro" models coming just a bit later (oct/nov maybe). Not sure though, none of the rumors are very solid at the moment.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I read the lower end models will launch first with the "pro" models coming just a bit later (oct/nov maybe). Not sure though, none of the rumors are very solid at the moment.
    iPhone 12 suppose to be 5G capable throughout the line. Qualcomm already gave out guidance that Sep delivery did not materialize and pushed to Oct.

So whatever they will release in Sep won't be 5G capable.

My Ride
    V8s

Mine were also all right ones to go. I think my last set the lefts were starting to go but it wasn’t noticeable yet.

My current set has been great. Longest lasting set and I’m using them way more because wfh.
    My left one died yesterday

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    iPhone 12 suppose to be 5G capable throughout the line. Qualcomm already gave out guidance that Sep delivery did not materialize and pushed to Oct.

So whatever they will release in Sep won't be 5G capable.
    Why is it taking so long for apple to release a 5G capable phone? do apple ever release roadmaps for what they are planning in later releases?

On a somewhat related note has anyone here used 5G in canada and what was the experience like?

I dropped my work phone (iphone 7) on the deck of a swimming pool last week and was sad to find out the only network and phone that I could replace it with was a iphone XR from rogers, the exact same phone and network I have personally. So now I have to carry two huge phones around with me both in otterboxes as well. My work doesn't have any sort of repair the screen for $100 option when it comes to work phones they just rip and replace.
    Last edited by nzwasp; 09-03-2020 at 09:28 AM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Apple only releases new phones once a year, always in September. They are 30-45 days behind their usual mid September release timeline.

If you deathly need a new phone before September I wouldn’t bother waiting around as that’s the earliest you can rely on having a 2020 phone in your hand.

5G in 2020 and 2021 is a gimmick anyway. It’s like gigabit home internet, pure benchracing.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Pixel 5 is looking to be a mid-range phone so it's going to be an iPhone 12 Pro or Galaxy S20+ for me this year.

5G isn't going to be too important for at least another year, and depending on what carrier you're with, you may not even get it until at least then anyway. Even the early tests in the USA with 5G right now don't look very interesting. It's slightly ahead of it's time IMO, but I look forward to when it's widely available.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    5G in 2020 and 2021 is a gimmick anyway. It’s like gigabit home internet, pure benchracing.
    Not really benchracing if you are able to use it, which isn't difficult these days. Also unlike 5G, it's available all of the time and plenty of things can max it out.

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    But what if I told you I could now use up my entire month of data in 20 miniutes
    I use virgin mobile and they don't have 5g anyways but will definitely sell you a 5g phone.
    Looking to get a 12 or 12 pro so the wait is annoying but this year is already the worst anyways. Pixel 5 would be interesting as a value option but I am finally willing to try ios as I want an apple watch also.

Anyone having trouble with AirVideo HD lately? After about 4GB of conversions (either one single large file, or multiple small ones) it simply stops and the app freezes up. When I can finally get it closed and up and running again, everything has failed. Everything is the latest version and I have not had this issue before. Anyone else having this problem?

The only error I can find is "gstreamer encountered a general supporting library error". Googling the issue just pulls up threads from 10 years ago.

Just got an email about an Apple event Sept 15. Hoping for an October launch for the 12!!!

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Just got an email about an Apple event Sept 15. Hoping for an October launch for the 12!!!
    Im just hoping their share price will go up.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

I'm hoping they bring under-screen TouchID.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

0% chance on iPhones. The 4th Gen iPad Air might get it.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 121 of 192 FirstFirst ... 111 120 121 122 131 ... LastLast