Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 35 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 35 of 193 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

can anyone get the battery status shown in percentage on the phone? mine is back to bars even though I have it in the setting to show percentage. I know, it's a crisis.

My Ride
    This and that.

Liking the look and the feel of the new OS so far. Haven't come across any earth shattering features that make life easy yet though. The unlock seems to be quicker with thumbprint.

- - - Updated - - -

I see percentage on mine...^^

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

i wonder if I have to fully charge the phone first after the update. Let me try that.

nevermind i had a brainfart, time for a shot lol
    Last edited by lilmira; 09-20-2017 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Liking the look and the feel of the new OS so far. Haven't come across any earth shattering features that make life easy yet though. The unlock seems to be quicker with thumbprint.

- - - Updated - - -

I see percentage on mine...^^
    It doesn't do much for the iPhone, it's a much bugger deal for the iPad Pros.

When the Apple Pay Cash be available?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

don't think it is coming to canada yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlaymaker View Post
    When the Apple Pay Cash be available?
    was wondering about this as well. Seems like a cool concept, but with all the banks doing free e-transfers these days it might not make much sense here.

then again, ability to send cash using your CC with 3% fee could be a differentiator.

if the banks were smart, they would update their apps to have a imessage app module to allow sending an etransfer.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Any of you running iOS 11 are having issues with quick reply from the locked screen? When I swipe left for the 'view' function to
    quick reply to a text, the window will randomly close itself while I am typing a message. This is really frustrating when it takes a few minutes to reply to a quick text.

The Bluetooth button doesn't work in the new settings tray, I can still see the apple pencil connected with Bluetooth off. Kind of useless.

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    The Bluetooth button doesn't work in the new settings tray, I can still see the apple pencil connected with Bluetooth off. Kind of useless.
    Read this article on Gizmodo yesterday
    https://gizmodo.com/the-ios-11-contr...the-1818604079

Read about this yesterday. apparently it's by design... here's apple's documentation:
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208086

basically the control center buttons are just "disconnect" and not disable. To completely disable you have to go into settings.

For the bluetooth button, it will disconnect from any accessory it's connected to, except for Apple Watch, Instant Hotspot, Apple Pencil, and Continuity features, like Handoff.

Agree its very misleading. They should implement a force touch on them to completely disable instead of just disconnect.

Looking into it further, i have one "good" use case for it. We have a work wifi, but it's slow as hell so i disconnect if i want faster speed to use my LTE. But in the past i have forgotten to turn it back on when i get home so i end up wasting a lot of data.

But with this "feature", it will automatically reconnect to my home wifi when i get home even if i don't remember to enable it again.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

My 6S+ is so good I really don't see a need to upgrade. I'm going to wait another year. However I'm going to pick up the Apple TV 4K.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I'm rocking a 5S still. Still runs well (I haven't installed the new iOS yet tho) but the phone itself is pretty beat up. I may spring for an iPhone X... we'll see.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    XT6

Used Apple since the beginning of time.

Was keen on getting the X until they put a massive notch in it.

Will the Note 3 be a step down?

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler_Racing View Post
    Used Apple since the beginning of time.

Was keen on getting the X until they put a massive notch in it.

Will the Note 3 be a step down?
    I have Android I much prefer iOS unfortunately my work dictates what devices we get and I've been hesitant buying an iPhone off Kijiji

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Read about this yesterday. apparently it's by design... here's apple's documentation:
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208086

basically the control center buttons are just "disconnect" and not disable. To completely disable you have to go into settings.

For the bluetooth button, it will disconnect from any accessory it's connected to, except for Apple Watch, Instant Hotspot, Apple Pencil, and Continuity features, like Handoff.

Agree its very misleading. They should implement a force touch on them to completely disable instead of just disconnect.
    Thanks - I guess I need to use the settings menu instead. Pretty dumb IMO since it still drains the pencil battery when you're "disconnected". At least put both options in the quick menu, something like you suggest with force or long press.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Anyone see camera sensor size anywhere? They claim all new 'larger' sensors and I am hoping they are finally using a competitive 1/2.3".
    Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    the 8+ is mighty tempting, is it getting a bigger sensor too or is it just the X?
    First teardown shows the lens is the same, sensor is bigger. Doesn't explain how much bigger

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPhone+8+Teardown/97481

Will be interesting to see the 8+ teardown, reviews are saying the 8+ zoom camera is significantly improved.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Download ikea place. Try a bunch of shit in the house. Then buy shit from ikea haha. There’s a plan builder app that uses AR to map your entire house down to every corner and shit. Then you can modify the house and see how it looks in 3D.

Really, the only 2 useful ARkit app so far. Some of those games are just forcing AR for the sake of it.
    Holy shit that's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    This is what I am looking forward to. Might look at just selling my MBP since all I really need is my ipad pro.

Did you ever get it to work with raw properly?
    So I finally picked up the USB 3 camera connection kit, tried importing a bunch of RAWs and played around with it for a while last night. There was an update right away for the dongle, I have no idea what it did. After that I plugged in my card reader with a CF card and hooked up external power with another iPad charger. The good news is that it seemed very straightforward and it transferred the RAWs (40MB each) into the photo app reasonably fast. Loading image previews into the importer was so slow that there is no way to individually select images off the card to import, you just have to take them all unless you want to sit there all day. The bad news is that the screen isn't good enough to check focus on my images, so it will strictly be a backup/storage device for me rather than what I was hoping to use it for (culling photos on the plane). I used Lightroom and the photos app itself, neither seemed to make a difference. Importing images into Lightroom was painfully slow as well. As far as I can tell you can't apply custom image profiles, the display color is not accurate, and working on multiple files at a time did not appear to be possible, so editing is something you will want to leave to a real computer unless you are just doing some casual edits on a small number of images for fun. I did not try Affinity because based on my experience with Lightroom, I won't be getting any use out of it. YMMV of course.

Page 35 of 193 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 ... LastLast