Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 102 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 102 of 107 FirstFirst ... 92 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2132

Thread: Apple Thread

  1. #2021
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Two from Freemont
    Posts
    9,033
    Rep Power
    28

    Default



    I don’t know why you guys bother engaging the guy. Like rage2 said. Good entertainment. I’ll go get some popcorn.
    My Tesla referral link: https://ts.la/moon14483

  2. #2022
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canuckistan
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    6,755
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m picking up a pair tomorrow to let Kenny have first crack at it.
    Don’t drop it

  3. #2023
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,444
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



    Only after being called out on your hypocrisy do you claim you were just ragging on me. Why aren't you in the C8 thread "ragging" on everyone else who has said something negative? This is what I am talking about. I look forward to seeing how the goal posts will be moved on this one.
    You obviously don't get it and then try to say it is hypocrisy, so I am done trying to explain even though I tried to already.

    My only advice is think why others is thinking similar things and ask yourself if it is all our hypocrisy or maybe how you are perceived bases on your own tendencies. Good day.

    Back on track: I am curious to see how well the noise cancelling is like of the pros.

  4. #2024
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Technically the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    4,274
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Back on track: I am curious to see how well the noise cancelling is like of the pros.
    Totally. Even just using these as “earplugs” would be pretty cool with their form factor. Apple talks a good game with their noise cancelling methodology. Interested to see how it works in reality.

    Another cool thing with the pros is they come with the wireless charging case that is optional on the normal pods. Brings the price gap a lot closer if that’s important to you.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  5. #2025
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Calgary/Alberta
    Posts
    1,227
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I'm far from an apple hater with the exception of one thing, the airpods. Mainly given the price for performance. With the pros being $350 and couple of the big youtubers are already going sound is mehhhhhh

    For either cheaper or just way better quality I'm surprised most people aren't at least cross chopping the Sony WF-1000XM3, Jabra Elite 65T or the new 75T and then the 1more true wireless ($100)
    I know others are around but Sony for $50 would be a way better option, the Jabras are awesome and $120-150 cheaper and the 1more I thought were great but tried after I already had my Jabra, so no savings were to be had at that point.
    The Jabras with comply tips seal off a very good amount of sound.

    I haven't used airpods daily, just tried the fit and quick sound test from a buddy. Was left very underwhelmed. The battery life is on par or less than competitors, I have yet to have any issue with taking calls on Jabras, no connection issues and the second you open the charging case lid they beep almost instantly cause they pair up. But maybe I'm missing something that draws everyone to the Airpods and IMO wasting money

  6. #2026
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Technically the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    4,274
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm far from an apple hater with the exception of one thing, the airpods. Mainly given the price for performance. With the pros being $350 and couple of the big youtubers are already going sound is mehhhhhh

    For either cheaper or just way better quality I'm surprised most people aren't at least cross chopping the Sony WF-1000XM3, Jabra Elite 65T or the new 75T and then the 1more true wireless ($100)
    I know others are around but Sony for $50 would be a way better option, the Jabras are awesome and $120-150 cheaper and the 1more I thought were great but tried after I already had my Jabra, so no savings were to be had at that point.
    The Jabras with comply tips seal off a very good amount of sound.

    I haven't used airpods daily, just tried the fit and quick sound test from a buddy. Was left very underwhelmed. The battery life is on par or less than competitors, I have yet to have any issue with taking calls on Jabras, no connection issues and the second you open the charging case lid they beep almost instantly cause they pair up. But maybe I'm missing something that draws everyone to the Airpods and IMO wasting money
    The killer app for me is the whole stick it in your ear and being instant connected. Apples little proprietary Bluetooth chip is pretty great when you use them a lot.

    I have always thought AirPods are too expensive though which held me off from buying them in the first place, I got my first pair as a gift and really like them though. Just plugging my nose and putting the coat behind me on these pros.
    Last edited by killramos; 10-30-2019 at 08:31 AM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  7. #2027
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The killer app for me is the whole stick it in your ear and being instant connected. Apples little proprietary Bluetooth chip is pretty great when you use them a lot.
    That's really the only pro to the Apple for me. I've got a pair of powerbeats3 and a set of the Jabra Elite Active 65t, the powerbeats are awesome in terms of being able to switch to any of my apple devices and the source switching to whatever I'm using at the moment. The powerbeats are also a dead solid connection with no drops whatsoever, the 65t I have to make sure i'm not blocking the antenna on my 6s otherwise the signal will fade in and out. The 65t and the tips they use I don't really think noise cancelling is needed, I travel quite a bit for work and they have been awesome on planes.

  8. #2028
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Calgary/Alberta
    Posts
    1,227
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Yah and that is kind of my thing, when Airpods first came out the instant connection was new. But on the Jabra 65T I use pretty much every day, You open the case it they are connected before I've rolled the foam tips into my ears. I know the apple chip in the airpods/beats will beat BT 5.0 in the other models but I guess by how much? Comfort and quality of the other 3 are what would push me. I think the 1more product is amazing for $100 and would be my go to for a DD TWBud. Jabra sweat protection given that I'm in the gym usually 2 hours a day 4-5 times a week is the seller on that one.

    I have an 8+ and don't have antenna issues like you mentioned bigboom. Plus anytime I'm on a plane it is my Sony 1000 MX2 instantly, ANC overear just kills it.

    I'm curious if thew new Iphone 11 improved on connection with other products or what changes have been made with the BT interfacing. But I'm in no rush to change my 8+ quite yet...

  9. #2029
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    06 S2000
    Posts
    4,784
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was interested too but it likely won't work (100%) on Android:



    From: https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2019/...le-october-30/
    Well shit. I was hoping they would work based on the fact that Airpods work with Android. Thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.

  10. #2030
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canuckistan
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    6,755
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    If anyone is picking up the AirPods Pro, can they do a review of it, please?

    Would like to know how they hold up with the beasts like the Sony 1000MX3 or the Bose QC35 I/II

  11. #2031
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The C
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anyone is picking up the AirPods Pro, can they do a review of it, please?

    Would like to know how they hold up with the beasts like the Sony 1000MX3 or the Bose QC35 I/II
    Earbuds aren't going to give you the same quality as over the ear style. Going to be unfair comparison.

  12. #2032
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canuckistan
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    6,755
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Earbuds aren't going to give you the same quality as over the ear style. Going to be unfair comparison.
    Even with ANC? I guess it's just a white noise muting device anyways...

    Well then, that ship has sailed. Thanks!

  13. #2033
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    21,014
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now if I said that, you would have been all over me and you know it. You already pick apart my posts to try and catch me on semantics or context - if I said something like that you would have lost your mind. So since you asked, that is what I am talking about. Or go look at the corvette thread, and guess what, I am not the only one commenting but you are quiet as a mouse until I say something.
    I'm just having a bit of fun, didn't expect it to become such a big deal. It's just a generalization for me, you use apple products but nit pick, you use Google products and ignore small faults. That's just how I see you. I'm sure I'm the same way when it comes to MB and Tesla cars lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anyone is picking up the AirPods Pro, can they do a review of it, please?

    Would like to know how they hold up with the beasts like the Sony 1000MX3 or the Bose QC35 I/II
    10 mins into it. Some quick notes.

    Like gen1 and gen2, setup is stupid easy. 2 seconds and I'm done. Sound quality is good to above average for in ears. It's not as bassy as my Pioneer Rayz (only in ears I have to compare with) but I'm definitely able to hear a lot more subtleties of songs compared to the gen1 and gen2s (which are the same). Like Manhattan says, I have yet to hear a set of in ears replicate the bass that over ears provide, so if that's what you're looking for, good luck. My Studio 3's kill these things for bass. Talking on a call with noise cancelling is weird because I can't hear myself, so I end up talking louder. I might have to use transparent mode for it or something. 90% of my usage is calls with AirPods, either I get used to not hearing myself, or I use transparent mode. Turning it ANC off still can't hear myself, the seal is pretty good.

    The bad (so far). I have to tweak a bit to get the seal right, with the tips facing almost forward. The medium size worked for me. Not sure how well it'll do with comfort long term yet, will know more later. Haven't figured out the gestures, looking like an idiot tapping the tips, squeezing the tips, doesn't do anything.

    Will have a real comparo when I'm on my next flight in a few days to see how it compares to over ears for noise cancelling.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  14. #2034
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canuckistan
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    6,755
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just having a bit of fun, didn't expect it to become such a big deal. It's just a generalization for me, you use apple products but nit pick, you use Google products and ignore small faults. That's just how I see you. I'm sure I'm the same way when it comes to MB and Tesla cars lol.


    10 mins into it. Some quick notes.

    Like gen1 and gen2, setup is stupid easy. 2 seconds and I'm done. Sound quality is good to above average for in ears. It's not as bassy as my Pioneer Rayz (only in ears I have to compare with) but I'm definitely able to hear a lot more subtleties of songs compared to the gen1 and gen2s (which are the same). Like Manhattan says, I have yet to hear a set of in ears replicate the bass that over ears provide, so if that's what you're looking for, good luck. My Studio 3's kill these things for bass. Talking on a call with noise cancelling is weird because I can't hear myself, so I end up talking louder. I might have to use transparent mode for it or something. 90% of my usage is calls with AirPods, either I get used to not hearing myself, or I use transparent mode. Turning it ANC off still can't hear myself, the seal is pretty good.

    The bad (so far). I have to tweak a bit to get the seal right, with the tips facing almost forward. The medium size worked for me. Not sure how well it'll do with comfort long term yet, will know more later. Haven't figured out the gestures, looking like an idiot tapping the tips, squeezing the tips, doesn't do anything.

    Will have a real comparo when I'm on my next flight in a few days to see how it compares to over ears for noise cancelling.
    Nice. Thanks for that; great initial finds.

    I have an Sennheiser over-ear right now (4.50) and while it sounds great for music, the mic quality is so-so. Bose has great mic quality but it's waaaay up there in price. So this might be a great compromise if the AirPods Pro perform well on your flight.

  15. #2035
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    21,014
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    @kenny will have to tell you how I sound on the other end. He was on a conference call with me using the AirPods Pros.

    2 calls in, not used to not hearing myself talk. Still haven't had time to fiddle with those haptic controls yet.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  16. #2036
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Calgurry
    My Ride
    ferd furkus rs
    Posts
    3,419
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I may be selling some QC35II's for a decent price if you're interested

    Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice. Thanks for that; great initial finds.

    I have an Sennheiser over-ear right now (4.50) and while it sounds great for music, the mic quality is so-so. Bose has great mic quality but it's waaaay up there in price. So this might be a great compromise if the AirPods Pro perform well on your flight.

  17. #2037
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    calgary / alberta
    My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo
    Posts
    581
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just having a bit of fun, didn't expect it to become such a big deal. It's just a generalization for me, you use apple products but nit pick, you use Google products and ignore small faults. That's just how I see you. I'm sure I'm the same way when it comes to MB and Tesla cars lol.


    10 mins into it. Some quick notes.

    Like gen1 and gen2, setup is stupid easy. 2 seconds and I'm done. Sound quality is good to above average for in ears. It's not as bassy as my Pioneer Rayz (only in ears I have to compare with) but I'm definitely able to hear a lot more subtleties of songs compared to the gen1 and gen2s (which are the same). Like Manhattan says, I have yet to hear a set of in ears replicate the bass that over ears provide, so if that's what you're looking for, good luck. My Studio 3's kill these things for bass. Talking on a call with noise cancelling is weird because I can't hear myself, so I end up talking louder. I might have to use transparent mode for it or something. 90% of my usage is calls with AirPods, either I get used to not hearing myself, or I use transparent mode. Turning it ANC off still can't hear myself, the seal is pretty good.

    The bad (so far). I have to tweak a bit to get the seal right, with the tips facing almost forward. The medium size worked for me. Not sure how well it'll do with comfort long term yet, will know more later. Haven't figured out the gestures, looking like an idiot tapping the tips, squeezing the tips, doesn't do anything.

    Will have a real comparo when I'm on my next flight in a few days to see how it compares to over ears for noise cancelling.
    Like you, I use mine 90% of the time for internal/client & conf calls. +15 for a bit too (where I'm constantly dropping them, and having others point, mock & blog about it.... )
    jk

    Anyway, they're fucking great for work. The easy setup is awesome -- other than switching between iPhone and iPad takes me visiting the settings page. Is there a short-cut to swapping iOS device?
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

  18. #2038
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Okotoks North
    Posts
    3,821
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @kenny will have to tell you how I sound on the other end. He was on a conference call with me using the AirPods Pros.

    2 calls in, not used to not hearing myself talk. Still haven't had time to fiddle with those haptic controls yet.
    Sounds exactly the same as before.
    ---

  19. #2039
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyway, they're fucking great for work. The easy setup is awesome -- other than switching between iPhone and iPad takes me visiting the settings page. Is there a short-cut to swapping iOS device?
    Depending on version of the iOS, force / 3D push the bluetooth icon a couple of times on the status / shortcut page (page with screen brightness, volume control, airplane mode, homekit) will bring you to the bluetooth connection page and from there you can select your headphones. disclaimer: i don't have airpods. I have beats pro, but I assume that is the same setup.

  20. #2040
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    21,014
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Update on AirPod Pros, I do not like the new pinch gesture. Feels like I have a greater chance pulling it out my ear accidentally instead of the tap gesture.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 102 of 107 FirstFirst ... 92 101 102 103 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS- Kensington travel plug adaptor, Apple keyboard/mouse, Apple Powerbook plug

    By RawB8figure in forum Computer Hardware & Peripherals
    Replies: 7
    Latest Threads: 12-12-2007, 10:58 PM
  2. FS: Latest 15 inch Apple Powerbook, w/Apple Care 2gigs of ram - $1400

    By overjoyed in forum Computer Hardware & Peripherals
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 03-03-2007, 02:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •