Apple Thread - Page 164 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 164 of 193 FirstFirst ... 154 163 164 165 174 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 3846

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by eglove View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spatial audio is cool but it seems more like a gimmick than anything.
    It’s gimmicky on headphones. It’s terrific on an atmos home theater setup.

Disappointing some of the old dts audio albums haven’t been mixed to atmos yet. There’s some great content out there.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I think my mom uses a tablet
    Only people I know that use them are my mom and 3 y/o daughter

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post

Disappointing some of the old dts audio albums haven’t been mixed to atmos yet. There’s some great content out there.
    Too bad it’s going to take forever to penetrate and get compatibility. Call it spatial or whatever you want, but end of the day the idea that we have largely been limited to stereo for decades is kind of hilarious. This is definitely a good thing.

My iPad is definitely my most used electronic device in my house, maybe even more so than my phone. No ragrets.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Too bad it’s going to take forever to penetrate and get compatibility. Call it spatial or whatever you want, but end of the day the idea that we have largely been limited to stereo for decades is kind of hilarious. This is definitely a good thing.

My iPad is definitely my most used electronic device in my house, maybe even more so than my phone. No ragrets.
    Ya, carplay doesn’t support it yet as it only outputs 2 channels. Multi channel music was pretty awesome via dvda discs in cars back in the day. Atmos over carplay in future cars will be great. I just hope producers don’t fuck up the mixes like Metallica black album. Some songs were great, like nothing else matters but others where the guitars are in the back channels or rotating 360 degree in space sounded stupid.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I played with some of the demo tracks with my AirPods. Added a kindof trippy aspect to it.

I don’t currently have an Apple TV in my home theatre so I don’t think there is anyway for me to test it with true atmos. Unless AirPlay to my receiver works in atmos but I doubt that.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

I didn't get a change to play anything in the livingroom yet, maybe tonight. I don't have an Apple TV though, Just a LG B9 with airplay, or the xbox hooked up to my sonos ARC. I guess I can airplay direct to the ARC and get the same results but I remember reading somewhere that I need an Apple TV for the full effect

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I would be very surprised if Atmos is available over airplay

fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Airplay doesn't support Atmos at this time. Only way to hear it in a HT setup is Apple TV -> Atmos receiver. It doesn't even down mix to 5.1 or 7.1 for non Atmos receivers.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Airplay doesn't support Atmos at this time. Only way to hear it in a HT setup is Apple TV -> Atmos receiver. It doesn't even down mix to 5.1 or 7.1 for non Atmos receivers.

Yep, looks that way

"To actually get real Atmos output, you need multichannel output offered by Apple TV 4K through Sonos Arc using HDMI eARC."

I don't want to buy an apple tv 4k lol

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by eglove View Post
    Yep, looks that way

"To actually get real Atmos output, you need multichannel output offered by Apple TV 4K through Sonos Arc using HDMI eARC."

I don't want to buy an apple tv 4k lol
    Or you know, straight into an Atmos receiver.

I wouldn't buy an AppleTV 4K just for atmos music. Most of the tracks available right now are garbage. There's a few standouts. I hate the Beatles, but man Abbey Road sounded awesome last night.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

If they could get Sonos compatibility that would be a good one. Even if it’s not true atmos.

I’d quite like to get an Arc anyway.

fact.

My Ride
    ute

Or you know, straight into an Atmos receiver.

I wouldn't buy an AppleTV 4K just for atmos music. Most of the tracks available right now are garbage. There's a few standouts. I hate the Beatles, but man Abbey Road sounded awesome last night.
    I dont hate the Beatles. But I do hate John Lennon on a personal level, that hippy douchebag.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

For those still on Lightroom Classic, I updated before doing some edits last night, looks like an M1 update went out. Shit is incredibly fast, don't think I've ever had LR run this fast ever. Scrolling through my massive library, flipping between develop mode, everything was just instantaneous. This would've been great back in the auto show coverage days.

Not sure if it applies to you @D'z Nutz can't remember if you're on Mac or PC. Or if you're still on perpetual license. I bit the bullet on a sub (got an employee discount a while back) because the perpetual license version wouldn't install on M1, and was crashing like crazy on Big Sur on x86.

My Ride
    rally pig

For those still on Lightroom Classic, I updated before doing some edits last night, looks like an M1 update went out. Shit is incredibly fast, don't think I've ever had LR run this fast ever. Scrolling through my massive library, flipping between develop mode, everything was just instantaneous. This would've been great back in the auto show coverage days.

Not sure if it applies to you @D'z Nutz can't remember if you're on Mac or PC. Or if you're still on perpetual license. I bit the bullet on a sub (got an employee discount a while back) because the perpetual license version wouldn't install on M1, and was crashing like crazy on Big Sur on x86.
    ugh this is making me want to get a M1 next as LRC was the only app I was waiting to be natively supported, I've read that BigSur 11.4 also fixed the SSD wear issue as well?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Oh that's good to know! My main editing rig is a PC with a staff subscription. I have a perpetual license on my x86 Macs but I'll eventually move onto M1 once all the bugs are worked out of the first model year laptops.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I think I’m getting really close to giving an Apple silicon a try.

Once they get the 16” pro out I think I’ll get one, and I think I’ll just stick my xps 15 on a pullout tray in my rack for compatibility with RDP.

Basically a 2 for one since I kindof wanted a hobby server for a few things.

fact.

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I think I’m getting really close to giving an Apple silicon a try.

Once they get the 16” pro out I think I’ll get one, and I think I’ll just stick my xps 15 on a pullout tray in my rack for compatibility with RDP.

Basically a 2 for one since I kindof wanted a hobby server for a few things.
    This is my plan as well over the next 12-24 months.
    I have 1 PC hosting Windows and Unix VM that I remote into, otherwise for day to day browsing then I just use my MBP.

If LRC works great on the M1 chip then I don't really need my gaming PC anymore other than mining and maybe 1 hour of gaming a week before I get bored.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I've been using LRC on an 8GB MBA M1 via Rosetta and it's ok, slightly less lag than a 16GB MBP x86. Scrolling through a library was still not fluid. With the M1 update, it's night and day. Scrolling through the library went from 10fps to 60fps. Every action is instantaneous. Haven't tried rendering speed, but honestly, I've never cared about how long it took since I walk away anyways. It's the day to day workflow where I'm waiting on clicks that's annoying. Like I said, I've been using LRC since LR3 10 years ago, so the laggy interface has always been there to some degree, with it getting pretty bad around LR6. I've never had it run so smooth ever. It's what it should've been from day 1.

Name:  6hc-20riyf_s.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  56.4 KB

Does anyone here use the dual sim functionality on their iPhone? New company gave me an iPhone 11 but I really hate having two phones in my pocket so trying to figure out if I can pop the work SIM card into my personal 12 pro and have them both work at the same time. My personal sim is Rogers and pretty sure it’s using the eSIM built into the 12 pro, but work one is Telus so not sure if that makes a difference.

Page 164 of 193 FirstFirst ... 154 163 164 165 174 ... LastLast